GFX League Trial Card: The_King vs. John McHenry

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andy

Reaction score
John McHenry's Submission:
Sig.jpg

The_King's Submission:
Daffney-1.jpg

For the time being, we won't operate using scoring, especially since this is a trial match, but it may be incorporated if we get the actual league going.

At this time, just post which gets your vote and comment as to why it gets your vote; essentially, Rate/Hate & vote.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
The King has this awesome grunge feel which suits Daffney.

I love the text and color used.

John McHenry's Jericho has a text that doesn't seem to catch at all, it looked like it was slapped on and there wasn't work on it.

Andy

Reaction score
The King has this awesome grunge feel which suits Daffney.

I love the text and color used.

John McHenry's Jericho has a text that doesn't seem to catch at all, it looked like it was slapped on and there wasn't work on it.

Dude, be sure to specify which you're voting for, even if it is implied, such as it is in your post.

Vivido

Reaction score
My vote also goes to the King, the main problem i have with Johns is the txt, it's to much txt to start with, some of it over laps the Jericho render(which i don't believe is centered enough). I would suggest to John that he used some bigger txt saying Jericho or Y2J and if he really wanted to use his catchphrase put it in smaller writing underneath his name.

Good to see this underway.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Voting The King here.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
John McHenry text just looks rough and slapped on there and doesn't match with the background (red over blue just isn't appealing), the render looks rough and it just doesn't catch my eye.

The_Kings' looks unique, has a great grunge feel to it and I love the daffney text with those grunge wings on it.

The_King takes my vote.​

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Voting for the King's. Apart from the text, it has everything.

McHenry's lacks any consistency.

The_King

Reaction score
I'm going to have to go ahead and toss my vote in for this King guy :p

In all seriousness, good luck to John, and thanks for the comments guy!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
First off sense your all being assholes about mine. I haven't used photoshop in 8 years I never asked to be a part of this contest and only did it cause my name was in their. I don't know anything about doing text myself so it was just text over the background shit that I threw together in about five minutes.

So once again for not providing positive feedback on how to improve. Fuck off.

Andy

Reaction score
First off sense your all being assholes about mine. I haven't used photoshop in 8 years I never asked to be a part of this contest and only did it cause my name was in their. I don't know anything about doing text myself so it was just text over the background shit that I threw together in about five minutes.

So once again for not providing positive feedback on how to improve. Fuck off.

Breh, we're all different skill levels. I'm probably going to get raped in my match, but that's not the point. Take it easy on these guys. It's supposed to be a fun contest. Everyone else: please try to give positive advice even if you don't like their banner. Constructive criticism is the way to go.

And yes, John never asked, I assumed he wanted to, but he said he thought it would be fun, even if he hasn't touched it in so long, so let's please try and keep this fun.

Vivido

Reaction score
It's really not that bad of an effort for someone whos being out of the game for along time., but I really don't see anyone being an asshole about your work. Also if you were aiming that at me it was never my intention to devalve your work and good on ya for giving this a crack, practise makes perfect, so if you stick at this and indeed read the comments that can help you you may end up going ok. Fuck off I will not though.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Actually

http://wrestlingsmarks.com/forums/t22751/#post177156

I was jockeying for someone to redo something I'd already done. So I knew I wasn't any good. But I did only take ten minutes to get this thing out of the way.

I may continue to do these but at this point all i've gotten was bashed which isn't very fun so I see no motivation at the moment, as I've got no insights and nothing but insulted.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It's really not that bad of an effort for someone whos being out of the game for along time., but I really don't see anyone being an asshole about your work. Also if you were aiming that at me it was never my intention to devalve your work and good on ya for giving this a crack, practise makes perfect, so if you stick at this and indeed read the comments that can help you you may end up going ok. Fuck off I will not though.

Didn't target anyone specifically. Only sited the text because everyone mentioned it.

Andy

Reaction score
McHenry:

Postives - Lighting is fantastic, especially with the theme. I love the dusting. The background design is great too.
Negatives - The background color and text.

Overall, not a bad effort, and extremely well done for someone who just started using the program again.

TK:

I've seen this so many times now...

Positives - Background, texture, text are all done extremely well.
Negatives - Shadowing on top of left Daffney's right shoulder is too heavy, middle Daffney's hair is a bit too dark for the background, and right Daffney's hand seemingly comes out of middle Daffney's head.

You know I love ya, Sean, but I'm giving this one to McHenry.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
McHenry, I summed up all the feedback I could provide you in my last post: Your sig lacks consistency. I understand you're super rusty and all, but the fact is that what you produced was novice level.

The most constructive and helpful advice I can offer is to be consistant. Meaning that you should be mindful of the atmosphere you're creating, is there a colour scheme, is there any flow in the effects and composition, size and lighting, etc.

Your sig didn't have any of that so it had no style. If you want to improve, keep those things in mind.