General Tennis Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Far out Del Potro has one hell of a forehand. 120 MPH or 195 KPH and he was stretching and hit it cross court!

Another tiebreaker in the fourth.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Del Potro has done it and come back from 4-6 in the tiebreak to take the set and send it to the fifth. Awesome match

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That was easily the best match I have seen this year. Five hours and it was worth it, Djokovic got the job done in the end but full credit to Del Potro for pushing the number one player so hard. Janowicz managed to take a set off Murray but Murray did it pretty comfortably in the end, this was a much different Murray to what we had seen earlier in the tournament. Final is going to be a bit anti-climatic after that awesome semi-final

Tonight there is the women's final and both doubles finals

Lisicki vs. Bartoli

Bryan/Bryan vs. Dodig/Melo

Hseih/Peng vs. Barty/Dellacqua

My picks are in bold. I think that Lisicki can do it and I hope that she breaks through for her first major. Can't go against the Bryan brothers in the men's doubles and I have to go for the Aussies in the women's doubles.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Redwanska/Lisicki and Djokovic/Del Potro semis are as a fine games of Tennis as you are likely to see this year.

In a way I am pleased that Bartoli got the Ladies crown as she may not get that more chances, where as Lisicki has had a great tournament and will be back is still only 23 so will surely be back. The right player won on the day.

Murray has his best chance yet to win Wimbledon today, Djokovic remains the favourite but it would no longer be seen as an upset if Murray won.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't remember the last time I saw a player as nervous as Lisicki was in the Final. She was a nervous wreck whereas Bartoli was completely focussed and on song. As you said she was the best player on the day.

Bit disappointed that Barty and Dellacqua couldn't get the win but still a great effort to make two doubles finals this year so far at Grand Slams.

Tonight should be good, I think it all depends on how Novak recovers from that epic five hour match two days ago.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Yeah felt bad for Lisicki such a likeable player. Still has exceeded expectations this tournament and can see her being a future winner.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
She definitely has the game to challenge for grand slam wins in the future and presumably if she makes another one she won't be as nervous as she was this time. This experience should help her.

Odd stat about Bartoli's win, she was seeded 15th but didn't have to face any opponent ranked higher than her for the entire tournament. She also didn't drop a set all tournament.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Predicted he would win but to do it in three straight sets against a player of that stardard is really impressive. A great moment for British sport, to end surely one of the great Wimbledon's.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Very good performance from Murray, to beat Djokovic in straight sets is an outstanding result

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Can't believe I saw Murray live on the Second Monday of Wimbledon and now he's Wimbledon Champion... delighted!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good on Murray for winning, that is a ton of pressure off his back and he is now set for life with that win. Will be able to cash in on that for decades to come. I am also sure that he will be knighted as soon as possible, just like Wiggins was immediately after his Tour de France win.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Good on Murray for winning, that is a ton of pressure off his back and he is now set for life with that win. Will be able to cash in on that for decades to come. I am also sure that he will be knighted as soon as possible, just like Wiggins was immediately after his Tour de France win.

Don't you start the media are bad enough over here!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Don't you start the media are bad enough over here!

:D Have they already started campaigning for it? I think that it should wait until he has actually retired and then they can knight him, which they will.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
:D Have they already started campaigning for it? I think that it should wait until he has actually retired and then they can knight him, which they will.

Oh PM doesn't miss a trick either at least on that score.