General Tennis Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I got the top half of the women's draw right but was completely wrong on the bottom half. Not happy with the Stephens/Bartoli match, was close in the second set going with serve 5-4 and 40-40 on Stephens serve then Bartoli kept complaining about the weather and wouldn't play anymore. Eventually after her complaining they did stop for two and a half hours and when they returned Stephens had lost all momentum and quickly lost the set and match. Ridiculous that a player can force a match to stop, she should have been forced to play on until the match referee determined it was unsafe.

Del Potro currently doing it easy against Ferrer as expected. Berdych has pushed Djokovic to a tiebreak in the first and was 3-0 up in the second but Djokovic has broken back twice to level it 3-3.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Murray struggling in the opening set against Verdasco, expect him to get through (although you never know given how this tournament has gone), but his performance level will have to improve if he hopes to beat Djorkovic.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Well it was quite the come back in the end. I left the house when he was he was two sets down and couldn't see anyway back. He never should have been in that position to start with, credit to Verdasco also.

The first women's semi-final was certainly very one sided expect a far closer match between Lisicki and Radwanska looking forward to this one!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Murray hasn't looked good at all this tournament, not being aggressive enough when the opportunity presents itself and his second serve has been way off. Did well to come back against Verdasco and he is lucky that he only has to make Janowicz to get to the final, even though he isn't in top form he should beat him. Djokovic has a tougher test in Del Potro who looked very good against Ferrer even if he seems to be carrying an injury. This tournament is Djokovic's to lose.

No surprise that Bartoli smashed Flipkens but I can't see her beating Radwanska or Lisicki in the final. Still hoping that Lisicki wins it all.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just can't see Janowicz causing any issues for Murray. He has done extremely well to get this far in only his second appearance on the main card at Wimbledon but let's be honest his run has been very soft thanks to Federer and Nadal being knocked out before they reached him.

Djokovic vs. Del Potro has been great to watch so far, one set a piece and going with serve in the third. Great seeing Del Potro back at his best after that wrist injury set him back in 2010. Was consistent last year and is looking very strong on grass.

For the women's single final I hope that Lisicki can win it. She showed great fight yesterday to win it 9-7 in the third and I just don't want to see Bartoli win it.

In doubles news Australians Asleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua have made the women's final. They made the Final at the Australian Open as well but fell short so hopefully here they go one step better.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
This match is the best tennis match I've seen, both Del Potro and Djokovic have been brilliant.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Impressive from Del Potro to save the set after he was 0-40 but he didn't save it for long as Djokovic takes the third in a tiebreak. Hoping that this goes for five sets.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Impressive from Del Potro to save the set after he was 0-40 but he didn't save it for long as Djokovic takes the third in a tiebreak. Hoping that this goes for five sets.

Yeah, 3 very poor shots from Del Potro after a cracking set. Hoping Del Potro comes back and wins this as he's been amazing especially as he's carrying an injury

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah, 3 very poor shots from Del Potro after a cracking set. Hoping Del Potro comes back and wins this as he's been amazing especially as he's carrying an injury

It would be incredible if he can win this but the longer this goes the more it favours Djokovic. The guy is a machine that can play for hours on end whereas I think Del Potro will struggle due to his injury if this drags on.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
It would be incredible if he can win this but the longer this goes the more it favours Djokovic. The guy is a machine that can play for hours on end whereas I think Del Potro will struggle due to his injury if this drags on.

Yeah, Djokovic is certainly favourite but Del Potro is showing some guts taking it to Djokovic whilst injured. Would be crazy if he can pull this off

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah, Djokovic is certainly favourite but Del Potro is showing some guts taking it to Djokovic whilst injured. Would be crazy if he can pull this off

They are so evenly matched today, only going to take one bad service game to cost one of them the set and possibly the game. I hope that he wins and then wins the title, mixes things up for a change.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
They are so evenly matched today, only going to take one bad service game to cost one of them the set and possibly the game. I hope that he wins and then wins the title, mixes things up for a change.

He's won one before, would prefer Jerzy Janowicz, now that would be something. But being a Brit, I'm obviously rooting for Murray, both are serving very well though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He's won one before, would prefer Jerzy Janowicz, now that would be something. But being a Brit, I'm obviously rooting for Murray, both are serving very well though.

That was back in 09 though so it has been four years since his last. I thought that Djokovic had him there after breaking and being 30-0 on serve, great fight again from Del Potro to break back.