• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don’t want to impose a cap on people that don’t want it so I figured this would be as nice compromise. Any two people that want to write two promos can as long they are facing each other.

Seems fair, but if enough people are against it we’ll carry on, but from what I see more only post one promo each week per character anyway.

And you can always create a second character. I could use more people secondary characters that can be booked on the same cards as their first.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I don't see any problems with it. If all the peeps in match agree to go all out and want to do MORE than they need to, then I think that's pretty awesome. I'm all for not limiting creativity if people want to go all out for the fun of it.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I'm fine with whatever.

So.

What could I have done better to win that world title match?

And someone who has a better idea of what went into deciding the title match give our Grim friend some direction? I'd help, but that would require re-reading the promo and I am playing WWE 2k22 atm.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Nevermind, I guess.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I dont grade matches I'm involved with so I can't answer you, sadly, Grim. I thought it was excellent though, not sure what I'd change.

Regarding smarks idea, yeah that's good and I like it

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I mean, if you want longer form thoughts from me, @Grim Theft Auto I can look at your promo along with Jeff's again and give some thoughts maybe tomorrow, but I get how you feel. Try your ass off writing and you "lose." The thing which is a bitch at times in e-feds is judging promos is subjective (mostly, sometimes a crap promo is a crap promo either way). I think voting was my least favorite part of managing a fed because there can be a situation of two really good people who both "deserve" the win in terms of effort and quality, but you have to pick one and it makes you as a voter feel like crap and when you are in said match you feel like crap if you lose. Just, don't beat yourself up over it or feel bad at the other's. It is a shit situation.

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Picking winners is my least favorite part. If everyone puts in effort, everyone deserves to see their characters get recognized for it. This is why I try to tell people to do this more for fun and kind of see it like real wrestling. A win is nice, but it’s about the stories. I’ll say though especially this past show, everyone in the finals did amazing work to become the first AMA Champion, outside myself as I wasn’t gonna try to win my own title, at least not first.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
^ pretty much this. I can genuinely say had I lost I'd have changed nothing about mine. Don't think there was anything wrong with grims and the fact that I won doesn't mean my promo was better, simply means slightly more people gave it the nod . Can't say I would have wanted to vote for that one ngl

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
From what I remember, I was closer to marking it down down as a draw than a win. I remember seeing it as like 0.5 difference in my head, rather than a 10-9 round you would have in MMA. I think the major difference is, at times with the Brian roleplay [which is something I often do myself] was a great bit of creative writing, but got lost in backstory/extra story rather than the main focus of the match. Whilst, with Shinzo's roleplay - there was never any confusion on the subject and purpose. It was a while ago, since I made the judgements - but that is what I can recollect.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
From what I remember, I was closer to marking it down down as a draw than a win. I remember seeing it as like 0.5 difference in my head, rather than a 10-9 round you would have in MMA. I think the major difference is, at times with the Brian roleplay [which is something I often do myself] was a great bit of creative writing, but got lost in backstory/extra story rather than the main focus of the match. Whilst, with Shinzo's roleplay - there was never any confusion on the subject and purpose. It was a while ago, since I made the judgements - but that is what I can recollect.

Still need to look through...

But I had that issue in the past, cramming... and maybe repeating backstory. Doing that stuff is probably most effective when you can mention it then tie it back to the match instantly like to show "I have been through a lot, I am motivated to win this" or if you have had a long bitter feud with someone heading to its finale.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Okay, looking back at the promos between @Grim Theft Auto and @Canadian Dragon I found both of them did better things than the other.

Grim did great in terms of storytelling and world building. Genuinely you probably do that better than most people here, if not everyone.

Jeff, while it was different seeing Moody man in an interview with cheerful Mona, it had some good lines, explaining his character, had a good flow (since it isn't broken up in separate promos basically) and a focus on the match.

For the breaking up one promo into multiple smaller ones, I have seen people do it here and I am not the most certain what people's thoughts are on them, so I can't comment on that in regards if it hurt or helped you, but I feel as though that was the one thing I think you could have done more Grim was tie this story of Brian/Humanity to the match and to his opponent. Like recognizing that Shinzo is someone similar to him in sharing a life of pain, maybe stuck between to halves of himself like Brian. But this life Brian has suffered through has prepared him for his destiny to be champion, his End won't come at the hands of Omega.

I think you still should take some pride in what you did. That match, even if it was the semi's, felt like the true final. Brian is a genuine main eventer right now and while I know winning a world title would be cool, sometimes a hard loss can do wonders for developing a character, how they respond, and without a world title, you have a touch more room for your direction.

I'm not the biggest fan of it personally. I feel as though it is presenting multiple smaller promos as one promo and while I know a longer single promo has the risk of losing a reader, splitting them up breaks up the flow and for it to genuinely be considered one promo in my eyes, they need to flow and build off each other well. Or else it feels like a series of disjointed promos. Grim's wasn't as bad as I have seen it before since I feel as though they all had similar themes of Brian's search for identity and that provides a narrative link between them which can justify it. But I also hate people splitting one promo into like 2 or three smaller ones simply because they can't settle on an idea or come up with enough for one idea so they split it up.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This is why I definitely think it’ll be a good idea in the future having everyone agree to multiple promos upfront or everyone will just do one for that match.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Got my first babyface promo up. It was tough after writing a heel for so long, and trying to decide where to start from. Trying to give my guy some confidence without coming off too cocky as well. Enjoyed writing it.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Tried something different, I'm hoping everyone picked up a little what I'm planning on down the line