AMA General Promo Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Any reason the text is aligned one way and then the other?

Wanted to make things interesting and represent to tonal differences between Brian's human nature and the entirely inhuman nature of Humanity.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Wanted to make things interesting and represent to tonal differences between Brian's human nature and the entirely inhuman nature of Humanity.
Ah, got you now. Made it hard for me to read, but I understand now

WelshyBOI

Reaction score
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
X2VL4FM
Favorite Wrestler
lita
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
"Are we Hitmen?"

Written By:
@WelshyBOI (Bellatrix Bordeaux)
and
@Patriot Pants (Bret Bordeaux)

The scene opens to give us a sky view of a rather beautiful image. We are greeted with the sight of an ocean that looks to be on fire, as the light from the slow falling sun glistens off of the waves. We see boats of various shapes and sizes cut their way through the water, greatly disturbing the otherwise tranquil ocean. The scene fades into a view of a busy street with french styling, littered with colorful beads and spilt cups, and the faint sound of jazz music playing in the background. We see a group of people enjoying a delicious-looking meal at a restaurant overlooking a mighty riverfront. Finally, the scene shifts to show a gray brick warehouse. The last remaining shreds of light from the setting sun protrude through the large, industrial windows. A few moments go by, before the scene fades to black, and is replaced by bold white text that reads…

16th January 2022
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A

After a few moments, the text fades and we are graced with the sight of what looks to be the inside of a professional wrestling gym. The walls are adorned with a plethora of wrestling memorabilia, such as trophies, championship belts, and marquees. Despite being displayed with apparent pride, the awards and posters seem to not be well looked after, with many of the awards having been dented and scratched, and posters missing corners. Despite looking like it hasn’t been cleaned in a while, the place is well equipped, with weight benches, treadmills, rowing machines and punching bags of multiple varieties in various locations throughout, along with two full-sized wrestling rings.

As far as inhabitants are concerned, there aren’t many to speak of, just a scruffy looking young woman, sitting on the floor in front of one of the rings. Wearing a multicolored beanie hat, an unbuttoned black/gray/blue long-sleeved plaid shirt that's two sizes too big, with a Guns N' Roses tank top underneath, ripped black skinny jeans and a worn pair of white Nike sneakers, the young woman just sits there motionless, not even blinking as she stares at a man who's inside of the squared circle, watching as he runs the ropes and rolls around.

The man, dressed like he’s about to attend a wrestling funeral, is wearing a black sleeveless t-shirt, black shorts, black knee pads, black wrist wraps, and black shoes. He seems to be pushing himself, having broken into a sweat as he darts from one side of the ring to the other, performing springboard flips and landing on his feet, occasionally going to the top rope and performing a Diving Foot Stomp delivered with such ferocity, that it looks like it would mortally wound a victim upon impact. After a minute or two, the man comes to a halt, stopping by and resting himself against the ropes, leaning forward with his arms crossed over the top rope, his chest making contact with the rope. Taking a moment to catch his breath, he looks down upon the young woman, who had not moved so much as an inch from when she first caught our eye, and begins to speak, as she just stares at him, and stares… and stares.

“I know I make it look easy, but with a little practice, you'll be hitting this kind of stuff better than most vets can."

He nonchalantly shakes his head as if trying to get out any thoughts of doubt that may be creeping inside.

"Even if you don't, we'll be fine. You have me to pick up the slack, right?"

He pauses, seemingly waiting for a response, she does and says nothing, except stare. He continues.

"I mean, you're tagging with Bret Bordeaux! One of the hottest free agent signings of twenty-twenty-one. The upstart turned underdog, turned traveled champion. A guy who's wrestled in seven different countries with success."

He pauses and then laughs, she just stares.

"Man, I sound like an asshole, don't I?"

Bret quiets down his laugh and takes a breath.

"But for real, you and I have a chance here to make waves in tag team wrestling. I didn't ask you to join me in signing with AMA just because I thought you needed direction, I asked you to because I knew you'd be great at it. You have more potential than anyone I’ve ever seen and you and I, we've been picked to found a division in this company. And all we gotta do is run through three, maybe four, other teams. A cakewalk."

He bounces himself off the ropes, clearly getting a little excited as his voice rises a few tones. She just stares at him, as he begins to pace.

"I mean, unlike those other teams, we're an actual family. Not like those cultists in the Residence who brainwashed Nova Taylor into joining them. I mean, they beat the living crap out of her for months before she finally snapped, so I wouldn't call them anything close to a family. Hell, I watched the whole thing happen in LDW. It's free on YouTube, by the way, you should watch the tape on ‘em. They're dangerous. Especially Slate. I've seen him break dude's spines with that Bassline powerbomb. But you wanna know the worst thing about him?.."

Bret takes a breath, a look of pent up frustration brewing on his face. He lets out the air and speaks quickly.

"STRAIGHT UP denied my application to wrestle there! I mean who does this fucker think he is?! A pompous ass bitch, that's who. Drinking his little martinis, wrestling in a suit, looking like a CW character. Fuck that guy. In the match, you avoid him and let me handle him. I'll make him remember the name of Bordeaux."

Having worked himself into a shoot, so to speak, Bret pauses for a moment, looking rather taken aback by his outburst. After calming himself, he continues.

"Sorry, that was just a year of pent up frustration. But the point still stands. The Residence is who we have to look out for. We separate them, they're still gonna be difficult. Like I said I'll take Slate. You don't go near him. Worse comes to worst and somehow it's you and Nova without me there, you stay on her. Don't give her a chance to breathe. That's how guys have beaten her before and it's how we're gonna do it. But don't get so caught up that you forget about the other guys coming in the match, Tri-..."

Bret turns to look over at his sister and the words begin to fade away, along with the shot. The camera slowly begins to zoom in on the young woman, getting ever closer until eventually, the video fades to darkness…

After a few moments, the scene opens back up, but this time to the sights and sounds of a nature-filled paradise that looks to be straight out of a fairytale movie. Birds swoop past the screen, chirping happily and looking to be playing a game of tag, as they dart in between the leaves and branches of massive, majestic trees, whose branches are dancing with the aid of a light breeze. We follow little drops of water that' shaken off of the leaves and land onto the grass bed below, a few drops hitting the head of a beautiful white-furred bunny rabbit, who flinches at the impact of water-on-head, before wiping the moisture off of its noggin and scurrying over to its family and friends of multiple species.

As the wild social group runs, hops, and gallops along the floor, they are joined by a pretty young woman, wearing a beautiful black dress that would look at home in the wardrobe of a Disney character. Skipping barefoot amongst the beautiful creatures, with a joyful smile on her face that would light up the world if the sun had been blotted out of the sky, the young woman looks to be having the time of her life, as the motley crew of nature seems to welcome her as one of their own. As they move along, laughing in their unique languages, the majestic scene is interrupted by a voice that sounds to be a million miles away, and yet at the same time, close enough that it startles the young woman's friends as they all retreat, trying to find places to hide, seemingly afraid that the distant voice is out to get them.

In stark contrast to her friends, the young woman stands her ground, looking to be listening hard, trying to hear what the disembodied voice is saying.

"Trix?"

As the disembodied voice finishes. The name Trix echoes from a faded tone into an almost booming sound, causing the wonderful forest and all of its joyful inhabitants to slowly dissipate, becoming less visible with every word uttered.

"Trixie? Are you listening?"

The final word of the disembodied voice seems to have killed the last remnants of the wildlife wonderland, returning us to the gym with the scruffy-looking young woman, who’s still sitting, staring, and not blinking. She has an entranced look in her heavily mascaraed eyes, seemingly exploring a very peaceful and enchanting daydream, one which is currently being disturbed.

"Bellatrix Bordeaux!"

Blinking at hearing what is presumably her name, Bellatrix, now having been fully dragged out of the weird and wonderful world that is her mind, finally acknowledges her brother.

"What? Bret? When did you get here?"

Trixie, suddenly realizing that she's no longer inside the tranquil forest, takes a look around at her new surroundings. The lights from above pierced her eyes. His face is different from the focused and confident one we saw before. A small crack appeared above his right eye. This place looks to be the furthest thing from where the scruffy young woman just mentally traveled from.

"When did we get here? Where are we?"

Closing his eyes and taking a deep, frustration filled breath as he realizes that Bellatrix had not listened to a single thing he has said up to this point, Bret responds, trying his best to keep his voice calm.

"Trix, come on, you gotta pay attention. We have to be on the same page if we want to win this."

Looking utterly bewildered, Bellatrix responds…

"Win what?"

Matching the perplexed look on “Trix’s” face with one of his own, as he’s seemingly dumbfounded at his sister’s complete and utter cluelessness, Bret retorts, in a slightly raised voice…

“Uhh, our match!?”

Apparently, this answer did not help her confusion, as “Trix” replies with…

“Wait, what? Why do we need a match? Are we starting a fire or something?”

Bret, in a comedic fashion that was unintentional, facepalms himself while shaking his head disbelievingly, before muttering to himself…

“God damnit…”

Trying to regain some semblance of composure, he releases his face from his hand and continues…

“We’re not starting any fires because I’m not talking about that sorta match. The match that I've been talking about all day is what's called a ‘wrestling match’. The things I've been doing for the past five or so years?"

Trixie scrunches her face, her lost look not changed in the slightest. Her brother, most likely defeated, sighs and shakes his head before continuing.

"A ‘wrestling match’ is where a predetermined number of people enters a ring, like the one I’m currently standing in, intending to beat the fuck out of their opponents so that they can win said ‘match’, resulting in them making more money than they would’ve if they’d lost and hopefully, earning a title opportunity in the future… Get it?”

While Bret stares at her with a glint of hope in his eye that she’d grasped what he said, Bellatrix has her thinking face on, and after a moment, she responds.

“Soooooo, you want to beat someone up for money?”

While not everything that he’d hoped for, Bret, happy to be making progress, smiles pridefully at his sister.

“Nooooo, no, I want US to beat someone up for money! Well, multiple someones, actually. See, we’re in what's called a ‘tag-team turmoil’ match, where we’ll be fighting four other teams, but not all at the same time. Two teams start the match, and when one gets eliminated, another team comes in to take their place. Eventually, only one team is left standing and they're the winners. I want that team to be us…you get me?”

Bellatrix pauses for a moment, before responding.

“Soooooo, people are gonna line up so that we can beat them up one at a time…and then we steal their money?”

Bret squints his eyes and mouths "what the fuck?". His expression is of pure amazement that his sister has not yet grasped what he's been saying. He nevertheless answers her.

“We’re not … we're not stealing the money from the people we beat up, Trix. We’re getting PAID by AMA to beat them up. It’s called a job … OUR new job.”

Trixie stares at him blankly for a few seconds before blinking at him twice. Then, as the gears begin to turn, an understanding smile begins to form on her face. She nods and points at her brother.

“So…we’re hitmen.”

Hanging his head in defeat and placing his hands on his hips, Bret can barely be heard muttering to himself.

"I just…fuck it, go with it."

Bret raises his head and he's not looking thrilled to be blatantly lying to his sister. But he has to get her on the same page, so a white lie won't hurt … right?

“Yes, Trix. We're hitmen."

Bellatrix does a small fist pump and whispers to herself excitedly.

"Yesss, I knew it."

"And since we're hitmen, I've put together a…plan…to help us prepare for our…job. So just chill right here for a sec and I'll be right back."

She watches as he rolls out the far side of the ring and the shot fades into a few moments into the future.

Sweeping up from the side of the ring and over the apron shows the two standing in it, joined by a whiteboard leaning against the opposite side of the ropes. Official AMA headshots taped onto it in a pyramid based format, writing surrounds each picture and level with the most notable being that of quickly scribbled text spelling "Hitlist" at the top.

"Okay, so we've already talked about them."

Looking confused, Bellatrix responds.

“When?”

"When you were spaced out. Now look…"

Bret taps the top of the pyramid, his finger landing firmly on Princess Nova's headshot and then bouncing over the Slate's.

"They're threat numero uno. They're both very good and will make us regret being born if we make any mistakes and give them an opening. So you let me do the heavy lifting. But these guys, these two right here? Malice."

He moves his finger down to the second "rung" of the graph to the headshots of Hangman James and Donovan Grayson. The text "What kind of name is Malice?" Lined through by the picture of Grayson.

"I don't know why they're called that, they're not that intimidating once you see them in action. They've got some size, sure, but they're not all there if you know what I mean. Damn good VFX work though."

Bret takes his hand back and looks at his sister who is standing there trying her best to pay attention.

"They're made up of three people, but we're only facing the two on the board. Hangman James and Donovan Grayson."

Trix raises her hand quickly, to which Bret snaps a finger in acknowledgement.

"Why does he call himself Hangman?"

Bret answers quickly without skipping a beat.

"He's predicting his future."

Bellatrix makes a face of awkwardness at the joke but a small nasally laugh escapes her as she looks into the camera. She quickly catches herself and looks back as Bret continues speaking.

"This guy here, Grayson, he's the key. He's the least experienced member of the team, kinda like how you are with ours. Except you have room to improve and he's at his ceiling. So we take them out like true tag wrestlers. Isolate Grayson in the ring, and pick him off. Cake walked."

He crosses his arms and continues.

"I'm sure James won't be too happy about us beating the hell out of his stablemate, but if he tries to jump in we'll just kick his ass too."

"Soooo, we can't just talk it out?"

He shrugs.

"I mean sure, go for it. I doubt they'll listen to you over the god in their heads though."

Bret turns to point his attention to another team on the second "rung".

"Wait, they can hear go-"

"Anyways, these guys here?"

He circles around pictures of McMichaels, Pariah, Marshall, Gagnon.

"We don't know which team is coming in last yet, but they'll have just worked a match to open the show so they'll hopefully be worn already. We just simply have to survive until then and work our magic. The game plan doesn't change. Isolate, control, and eliminate ‘em."

Trixie quietly mummers with enthusiasm.

"Hitmen."

He looks at his sister confidently.

"Any questions?"

She raises her hand.

"Yeah?"

Trix then points at the bottom "rung" towards the last two pictures on there. Belly-Boy and Burgerman, printed out in black and white instead of color.

"What about those guys?"

Bret keeps his focus on his sister, never looking to where she's pointing. His voice deadpan.

"We don't give a fuck about those guys."

Trix mouths "oh" as Bret claps his hands together.

"Alright! Let's get to work!"

He then nonchalantly tosses the whiteboard out of the ring to clear up space as Trix stands up. He turns to face her again.

"We don't have a lot of time so we have to hit training hard if we want to show the world who we are."

"Uhhhh … you mean Bret and Bellatrix?"

"No, I mean …."

The screen turns black as white text flashes on the screen.

qYA84Kiwa-Bu2Ify7kquxYpbv0ELa4HFGkpJGTPUxkfNIgXW5_RNetI232oRKo8CWY-A_oPLNHJgyJ2LcuCZDwyH3-82zpSawoHRiQX3cOZ83mk8p4mqVatrVuQzx9XdmCLVopD3

A few seconds of silence go by and Trix's voice peeks up.

"Bro, did the lights go out for you too?"

THE END!
If anyone’s got the time, @Patriot Pants and I would appreciate any feedback or criticisms for our match promo. Thank you! ✌️

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
View attachment 14199

A bleak, foggy stretch of bushland is shown at sunrise. Dew drops off the eucalyptus leaves, trickling down into the stagnant creek. The gentle croaking of frogs, the chirping of crickets, the buzzing of flies.

[Highlights play from the ending of a match on Rush Hour]

Norman is crouched down, tracing his finger in the water. "In my grasp. I had it. It was mine." Norman continues to trace his finger. "The world as my oyster, and the temptation of a vile fiend clouded my ways." Suddenly Norman punches the water, driving his fist down into its murky depths. He pulls his hand back up, it's now caked in mud. "Hamad....Hamad you are a piece of work. You got me. You seduced me at my weakest and poisoned me with the worst thing imaginable...temptation. Temptation is the root of all evil." Norman reminisces on the wad of money that was paid to him backstage at Rush Hour.

Norman stands up, smearing the mud on his shorts. He flashes a smirk, then the camera pans up to show a golden trinket worn around his neck. It's adorned with tribal emblems and his totem animal as the figure head. "But Hamad, your temptatious evil was able to provide me with sustenance. With inspiration. With desire." The camera zooms in to show that there is text etched onto the front - the words appear in distinct italics - Shinzo Omega. "That's right. Shinzo Omega, I am not done with you by a long shot. At Rush Hour, you were fortunate enough to land inside the ring. You gave me your best shot and you could STILL not put me down. The only reason you move on for the championship is due to an archaic rule set that counted me out. Shinzo, we are going to meet again. When we meet again, my post-match actions pale in comparison to the wretched depths that I will sink to in order to break you, destroy you, and end you." Norman stares intensely into the camera. He opens a little nozzle atop the trinket, and begins to pour a red liquid from it. He extends his tongue to take a few drops, then wipes some of the liquid on his forehead. "For when the blood of thy enemy flows through you, you become them, in order to conquer them." Norman then sees a solid tree branch on the ground. He picks it up, and snaps it over his knee, breaking it in half. He throws the shattered, splintered fragments into the creek.

{camera fades to black}

Norman is now shown sitting a corner, somewhere backstage. His eyes are closed as he spins the trinket in his right hand. He seems to be gently chanting in a soft voice. The intensity and focus on his face is clear, as the chanting become more amplified. Norman stops twirling the trinket, and proceeds to slap his chest, then stomach, then legs. Finally, he slaps his face three times in succession. Quiet footsteps are head approaching him...

Mona Darling: Nor...Nor...Norman, if I could have a moment

Norman stops and turns rigid. His intense solace begins to waiver, replaced by a look of annoyance and bother

Mona: Norman I...

Norman thuds the concrete with clenched fists. He opens his eyes and sees Mona Darling standing near him, microphone in hand. He looks at her with pure disgust, then closes his eyes once more.

Mona: Norman, tonight you compete in a Steel Cage Bunkhou....

Norman jumps to his feet

Norman: I know what I am doing tonight. I do not need a patrinising reminder. I would appreciate if you would not seek to insult my intelligence

Mona: Nor...

Norman: Do not interrupt me. Please.

Mona stands there, unsure of what to do. She seems a bit shaken

Norman: Proceed

Mona: Norman, this is a first for us in AMA as we have never really had the chance to interact before. Tonight, you are faced off with six opponents inside a Steel Cage, under Bunkhouse Stampede rules. After your setback at Rush Hour, how do you...

Norman: Setback? SETBACK? Of course it was a setback. I said it before - Hamad's money gave me a moment of weakness and tempted me to lose my focus. I fell on my own sword. But rest assured, my story with Shinzo has only just begun.

Mona: Judging by Shinzo's comments earlier tonight, I think the consensus is shared

Norman: Good. It shows Shinzo has a backbone and isn't all talk. But he is not my focus tonight. Tonight, six victims lay before me in a match that I have never heard of, never competed in, and don't completely understand the rules. Tonight, the Dharawal Warrior enters a steel cage and gets to feast on six souls who dare stand before him. Carnage, bruised and broken bodies await. This match is my paradise. From the ancient times, my people have looked to their warriors to lead them into battle

Norman ushers for a video to be played - Tribal War Cry

Norman: Like those who have walked before me, tonight I embrace my solemn duty. Pain will be inflicted. Bones will bend and break. Skin will be ripped open by the soothing jaggedness of cold steel. My opponents tonight have caught me in a pissed off mood and will enter the snake pit with the most dangerous predator walking this Earth. I guarantee victory, and next up - I dine on Omega

Norman throws the mic down from Mona's grasp, then walks off down the corridor. He sees a side panel of the steel cage propped up. Norman then headbutts the cage repeatedly, and now blood emerges from a gash on his forehead. Norman wipes the blood over his face, and down his torso.

Norman: My paradise!

As per request, I'll give some feedback.

I guess a starting point will be the scene setting and description. I think it is pretty good. I get because you used a visual aid you don't need to go into as much detail at the start, but overall, throughout the promo, you did a good job setting the scene and showing his personality through his actions. The music also added to the opening bit.

If you ever wonder what else can be done to add extra, as I always say, think the five senses and if adding one of them in can add to a scene. Like maybe the squish of mud as Norman is walking in the wilderness, or the metallic rattling of the cage as he headbutts it with a pure rage. Then maybe some extra words to describe how he speaking like him "growling" at someone or mentioning him raising his voice. Still good, but if you ever feel as though you want more, those things can help.

Speaking of, I like the character and dialogue. This self righteous character with a brooding intensity. I think there is potential with him.

The grammar was also good, maybe one word misspelled (I think you meant patronising/patronizing rather than patrinising, but it isn't the end of the world.

Now the only thing I think can be improved on his the focus on the match itself. I think mentioning Omega is good. It adds continuity and builds your feud as it makes sense that Norman has his mind on it. But also since this promo still needs to build towards the match itself, you could have done that more. Like 80% of the promo is dedicated to someone who sure, is relevant to your character, but isn't in the match. I think even something as simple as a frustrated Norman saying a couple brief lines about each opponent would tie the promo together before he ends the point to say he will destroy the competition then focus on Omega.

Like "I have to crush the loud-mouth Cali Hayama. A girl with a place in Japan desperate to find her place in North America. Unlike what you are used to normally, dealing with the Dharawal Warrior is no game. You are locked in a cage with a killer and I will break your tiny body and send your remains back to Japan."

Something like that. That way it adds relevance to the match, hypes it up, and even explains "I am going to win this match" and even adds weight to him saying he'll crush everyone.

But overall, definitely things I like.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I just want to say please do not use Black text or any dark color text in promos as it is unreadable/hard to read, thank you

Reactions: Patriot Pants

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I just want to say please do not use Black text or any dark color text in promos as it is unreadable/hard to read, thank you

To add onto this, if you use the "clear format" button instead if selecting white or black text, it will change it to the default text color for the skin so that way we never have white text on the light skin or black text on the dark skin

WelshyBOI

Reaction score
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
X2VL4FM
Favorite Wrestler
lita
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk

View attachment 26018

Stagefright and Barcodes

Written by:
@WelshyBOI (
Bellatrix Bordeaux)
and
@Patriot Pants (
Bret Bordeaux)

The promo begins in the Gorilla Position, during AMA's Manifest Destiny PPV, where we see a highly frantic looking Bellatrix Bordeaux pacing back and forth before peering out of the curtain that separates the backstage area from the stage. We can hear the various crowd noises that come with watching a wrestling match, as the fans react appreciatively at the violence that’s being displayed before them. As she continues to pace and peer, a few AMA staff members can be seen wearing different looks on their faces, ranging from concerned to freaked out, as Trixie begins to mutter to herself inaudibly.

As Trixie’s panic attack continues, once again peering through the curtain and glimpsing the sea of AMA fans, we hear a voice coming from out of shot.

“Aye, cool, you're already here. I was hoping you wouldn't forget about the mat-"

Trix’s head swivels around violently, a look of dread on her face, completely stopping her brother in his tracks. His face shifts from confidence to confusion with a sprinkle of worry as he takes out his Bluetooth headphones and looks at his sister.

"You uh…you good?"

Visibly shaking, Bellatrix glares a hole through her brother, causing Bret to tense up. She begins to speak frantically.

"Am I good?! AM I GOOD?! NO! I’m not smurfing good! Have you seen it out there?! LOOK! There’s millions of them! Millions of people! With EYES! -"

Bret exhales a sigh of relief before smirking at his sister, seemingly understanding Trix’s predicament.

"Stagefright…yeah, I remember my first time performing in front of people. Really, it's not that ba-"

"NO, DUDE!"

Trixie's outburst causes Bret to jump. Realizing that several people are now staring at them, she lowers her voice to a whisper.

“I don’t wanna go to jail, Bret…I can’t go through with it.”

As she speaks, her voice begins to tremble anxiously.

“Operation Cakewalk is off…there are too many witnesses. I don’t wanna go to jail, Bret…I wouldn’t last.”

As Bret’s eyes widened with the remembrance that he lied about their occupation, he suddenly garners a feeling of shame as his lie sends his sister ever deeper into a sea of trepidation. Brushing this feeling aside and looking to lighten the mood, he quips.

"Pretty sure you'd be in solitary for hitmanning. Which is probably better than being in general pop."

The smirk on Bret’s face after what he perceived to be a funny joke dissipates as he stares at his sister, who’s looking as though she’s about to explode into a thunderstorm of tears as the thought of being locked away envelopes her over-imaginative mind. Realizing that he’s just made things worse, he gently grasps Trix by the shoulders, causing his sister to wince, before speaking in a soft, reassuring voice.

"Look…the people out there? The ones watching? They're, uh…they're in on the whole thing."

Looking up at her brother, Trixie snivels, with the water from her eyes causing mascara to run slowly down her face. Her look of fear breaks slightly, with a glimmer of hope entering her eyes.

"Whatchu mean?"

Seeing that he’s making progress, Bret doubles down on his comment.

"Oh, yeah. They’re here to uh…evaluate how we do. I must've forgotten to tell you that. It's all very official, ya know? The company hired us, and they want to make sure that we're the real deal."

Slowly calming down as she contemplates her brother’s explanation, Trix responds, her voice still shaky.

“Soooooo, they’re not gonna take me to the slammer?”

Bret chuckles, trying to mask the ever-growing feeling of guilt that’s eating away at his stomach, before speaking in a reassuring voice.

“Noooooo, of course not. I wouldn’t let anything like that happen to you. You know that, right?”

Wiping her eyes, resulting in her mascara becoming smudged and untidy, and sniffling some escaping snot back up her nose, she nods. Bret, beaming that he’s successfully calmed his sister, removes his hands from her shoulders before continuing.

“Good…now then, let's go out there and show those judges how real hitmen and hitwomen do it, yeah?”

Trixie, her face looking a mess, does a snorty laugh as a smile escapes her for seemingly the first time today before responding to her brother.

“Yeah, let's kick some butt!”

Chucking in response to his sister’s newfound enthusiasm, Bret gestures with his hand for her to follow as he walks towards the curtain leading to the stage. He stops just shy of the curtain before beginning to jump on the spot, looking to get his body warmed up before being given the signal to make their entrance.

Bret turns his head to look at his sister, now standing beside him to his left, and notices something. On her right shoulder, as clear as day, there lays a tattoo…a barcode tattoo. Bret, completely perplexed, stares at it for a few moments before asking.

“Uh, Trix…what’s that?”

Trixie turns her head to face Bret, who’s still looking directly at the shoulder that’s currently housing the tattoo, and not putting two and two together as to the nature of his question, she responds.

“What’s what?”

Rolling his eyes at Trix’s cluelessness, Bret raises his hand and pokes her still tender shoulder with his left index finger.

“That.”

Letting out an “Ouch!” at the poke, with the tattoo seemingly being a very recent addition to her attire, Trixie responds.

“I’ve been playing that Hitman game thingy with Miss Cali X from Twitter, and apparently, hitmen are supposed to have a tattoo of a barcode. I think it’s so people know how much it costs to hire them…why? Where’s yours?”

Bret, looking utterly dumbfounded that Trix has gotten a tattoo on account of some information given to her by a video game, answers.

"Oh, mine? Yeah, it’s uh, under my tights. I didn't think to put it in a great spot like you, so I'm like…kinda jealous! Looks good, though."

Bret, screaming on the inside that his white lie has caused his sister to become permanently marked in the style of a grocery, is forced to look on with a smile that’s trying so hard not to turn into a grimace. Trix beams at him in response to his not entirely honest compliment before they both turn to once again face the curtain that leads out towards the sea of “Hitman Judges”, awaiting their cue, as the scene fades to black.

THE END!
@Patriot Pants and I have done a thing, and would very much appreciate any feedback and criticisms that anyone would be willing to share, since we would like to improve our ability to make things, so that the things we make in the future are better than the things we previously made. :D;)

Reactions: Patriot Pants

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
DUALITY
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We enter a room in someone’s house completely decked out for live-streaming. The lights of the room are slightly dimmed as we see a collection of pictures, lights, and a shelf of video game merchandise on the far wall. The shelves are covered with figurines, plushies, and thrown in are some photos of Cali Hayama in the ring or at conventions. The back wall has “Cali X” written in lights with “Cali” in pink and the X being a neon green. Mixed in we have some posters including a ripped up Overwatch poster, and some foam on the wall to better absorb sound. The far wall has a desk decked out with a powerful PC, several game consoles on the shelves next to it, a microphone and three monitors. The ones on the left and right both have video editing programs open while the one in the middle has the official screen graphic for Cali Hayama’s upcoming match against Marquise Bridges at The Saint Patrick’s Day Smash with four leaf clovers and beaches. The gaming chair placed in front is faced towards the screens but we can see Cali sitting in it, her hair let down, and her hands folded on her desk. Finally, we hear her speak.

“So…”

Cali Hayama turns her chair around to face us and she quotes Marquise saying, “A showcase of what two good people can do…”

She gives a small chuckle and looks towards the camera. She is wearing a set of black track pants with rainbow stripes. Along with an unzipped hoodie relating to her stable in Japan with the "M" of the stable in silver and the similar colourful outline, then the name on it in English and in Japanese on the arms. Under it is a white top. Folding her hands, Cali speaks.

“Well, AMA, if there is one thing you can’t say about me, it’s that I don’t try to back up what I say. I did what was seemingly impossible. This 130 pound woman was the only one who wasn’t thrown out of a cage. Redneck, gone. Drama boy, gone. Buffalo, gone. Norman, out. Daniel, out. Marquise out. I lasted to the end and the Bunkhouse Stampede, a match that was seemingly created as a way to get some people on the show already has some blow-back. Three guys are already out of the company, Norman decided to take my “Big Bowser” nickname literally and decided to breathe freaking fire, and I already have people’s attention. More than I bargained for I guess.”

Pointing backwards towards the middle monitor, she directs her attention to Marquise Bridges.
But the most important person to talk about right now is my opponent at Saint Patrick’s Day Smash, Marquise Bridges.” Mentioning his name, Cali gives a small grin. “And don’t worry guys, we’ll be announcing when we’ll do our charity stream soon unless I piss him off with what I’m going to say but I’m happy to face you, Marquise. Out of everyone in that Bunkhouse Stampede match, you are the only one I’m not sick at the thought of facing again so soon. You lasted longer than anyone else and I saw a little something. I saw just a hint of that hardened guy, the man behind the smile. A guy who can handle problems. But it wasn’t enough. Not in Daytona Beach, anyways.”

Leaning back in her chair, Cali puts her finger on her cheek.

“I could have just said, ‘I beat you already, and I’m moving on,’ when you challenged me, but both of us know that the Bunkhouse Stampede was a weird-ass match. We’re not cowboys, we’re wrestlers, and fighters. I consider my Bunkhouse match my debut part one because I need an actual match to showcase what I can do and I think you have the same feeling, Marquise. The one thing you had right is the fact that this match WILL be a proper showcase. A showcase of two newcomers who have something to offer and this is the best case scenario for us. No cage to lock us in, this is a match where we finally…”

Standing up, Cali Hayama spreads her arms out and says with some relief in her voice. “Can run free, have no doubt. People already know I like being able to have a little space in my matches and you’ll get Cali at her full strength. But…”

The demeanor of Cali changes slightly. Her grin is gone and instead we see her filled with determination and a bit of sharpness. “There is one thing you have wrong, Marquise and I’m going to explain it to you.” Pointing towards herself. “I’d like to consider myself to be a good person in my day-to-day life. Try not to be a horrible person, treat people well, blah blah, even if sometimes what I say can be taken out of context. You see some of that on my Twitch, the other thing I do. I do that to share a passion I have with people and entertain. You might as well see some since you’ll get a taste of that when we stream.”

Reaching behind her, Cali moves the most to play a video on her right screen which shows highlights from her Twitch streams. From funny moments of rage, to playing with friends, some times where she appears on stream in cosplay, and even some highlights of her playing Hitman 3 with Trixie Bordeaux where the rookie of the Bordeaux siblings decides to hit multiple characters with a Fish before getting gunned down and Cali loses it laughing. Mixed in we see images of her at some conventions, meeting friends and fans over the past few years of streaming, wrestling, and content producing. Cali has a small smirk on her face.

“That’s cute, right? See, I can entertain people. I can reach out and maybe brighten someone’s day by doing something small like playing a game they like or making them laugh. I like that part when I steam and even wrestling to a degree. I can’t ignore that. Marquise, I want you to get a long look at it and enjoy it. Enjoy it when we stream together. I mean it.”

A small switch is turned in Cali as her smile fades. “-because you are NOT getting her in the ring in Panama City!” Cali says, raising her voice. “There’s a bit of a duality about myself that I have accepted and have absolutely no problems with. There is a difference between Cali the twitch streamer and gamer and Cali interacting with the fans and the Slayer Queen, Cali Hayama. Play, business, and pleasure, there is a difference between all of them.” Pointing at the screen which played her twitch highlights.

“That is Cali at play. This…”

She goes to her mouse again and gets another video to play on the left screen.

“Is it me when I step into the ring where it’s business.”

Changing this up, there are some highlights of her time in CJW and while we see some moments of usual agility from Cali with her handspringing out of a move and hitting an enziguri kick, to a top rope moonsault into the ring, we see a bit of nastiness. Cali face washes her opponent in the corner, drop kicking someone into rows of seats, even diving from the apron driving both her feet into a table placed on an opponent’s head. Then, in a highlight of her last match before coming back to the US, we see a member of the group SIN grabbing a chair during a chaotic trios match featuring Cali, Vampress, and Ririko and Cali ripping it from their hands and willingly using it, nailing her in the gut before hitting a Skull Cracker directly on the chair. Vampress follows with a Swanton Bomb as Cali gets the chair out of the ring and the trio retain.

Then, it focuses on an early moment of her in the company before she officially joined the group MAYHEM. Three wrestlers are in the ring after a match against Cali when she still had pink hair and they are talking to her. The subtitles show they are asking her to join their group saying ‘You’ll have so much fun with us…’ And Cali… refusing to give an answer and instead barging her shoulder past her.

Then, the match that got Cali into MAYHEM from two nights later. Facing against the same person who offered her to join another group, despite the fact we see Cali Hayama still with the pink hair, we are beginning to see flashes of the Slayer Queen. The free movement combined with hard hits and determination. After her opponent kicks out of a Code Red, Cali quickly transitions into a submission, a modified Seated Octopus Stretch, the Spider Twist called "The Ocotoling," and while Cali is almost screaming at her to tap, she gets the victory by submission. All the MAYHEM members join her in the ring and Cali officially joins the group, putting on a t-shirt and joining them in their signature pose.

The video stops and we see Cali glance towards the camera.

“I’m surprised you didn’t get it, Marquise. You got a taste of it at Manifest Destiny and you just think I’m going to be all smiles? Really? I thought you’d give me more credit because I can get downright nasty when I’m wrestling and I like it.”

There is a sly smirk on Cali’s face.

“Do I respect you, Marquise? Yes. I do. Do you expect me to outright go for low blows and chairs and just do that shit for the hell of it? No. I’m not that type of person. But I don’t hold anything back. Yeah, I can do some cool flippy shit, right? So what? I do that because that’s how I fight. That’s how I set myself apart because when I wrestle both guys and girls I need something I can do against anyone and better than anyone but it is all with reason. This isn’t a company with a dumb code of honour. I won’t let respect or the fact that you’re genuinely probably one of the nicest people here hold myself back from kicking your head in. That’s what I mean when it comes to business… Friend or foe, nobody gets in my way and I do what I need to do to win a match.”

Cali Hayama’s voice trails off then she asks.

“But what about pleasure? What gives me joy in wrestling? What draws me to it isn’t just putting on a show. If I only wanted to entertain, I could stick to Twitch and YouTube. Wrestling to me isn’t some fetish I have for breaking people’s bones. I don’t have some higher power or something I think I’m serving by beating people up or an ego to feed.”

Holding her hand up, Cali Hayama says with a bit of sting in her voice.

“The answer: competition. Pushing myself. Having my hand raised in victory. There was a reason why I went into the Bunkhouse Stampede with the mentality of ‘A good performance is nice, but I need to win.’ I don’t give a rat’s ass about a participation trophy. Being told, ‘Hey, you didn’t win, but keep your chin up,’ or ‘Good match, Cali!’ after I know I could have done better drives me mad! I know that I’m going to lose from time to time but when that happens that pissed off feeling I have I use to come back even harder. Because…”

Going closer to the camera, Cali raises her voice even more,

“Thinking, ‘Let’s have a good match between good people,’ isn’t going to get anyone far! I’ve seen someone be obsessed with amazing matches, bragging about all the ‘Five star performances,’ they have. That’s bullshit. If you’re good and you’re against someone else good, those stars people jizz over will probably come anyway! It isn’t going to put anything in your trophy case though. You won’t move up the card. Why do you think I got so much attention from my first show? I won. I impressed everyone in the ring AND got the result to show for it. Now I’m onto the next match and after I face you, I’ll go on to the next one. That’s why I talk about being Next-Level. I’m pushing myself time and time again.”

Holding both her hands up, Cali says, “And hey, before anyone freaks out, and I’m talking about you, Bret, thinking “Oh no, Cali’s going to TURN!'” then the camera goes down to her feet where she spins her heel slightly, taking a dig at a comment Bret Bordeaux made against her on Twitter before going back up to her face.

“I’m just being honest here. Not everything is black and white in wrestling or can be put neatly into a category. We’re all people with our own wants and desires. I’d like to think most of my fans understand that. If I can guess why Marquise wrestles, it is to be a good role-model for people. He helps ‘build bridges’ in his community using his matches as one way to support it. He knows what it is like to go through hell personally so he needs his outlet. Wrestling is a way to do both. That’s noble and I can still respect it, but it is a shame that when we wrestle, that doesn’t matter one bit. When you came up to me after our match and said you respected me and were impressed I thank you, but that isn’t going to stop me from stomping your head in and going on to what’s next”

Then, showing a smirk, Cali Hayama follows it up by saying, “What that is, I’ll cross THAT bridge once I get past this one.”

Winking before putting her hands together, Cali wraps up what she is saying. “So Marquise, consider yourself lucky for you will be able to experience all sides of Cali Hayama in the near future. From the wise-cracking Twitch streamer where we’ll raise some money for a good cause. Then you’ll have the distinction of falling at your knees to the Slayer Queen herself once again. Just don’t quit after. We don’t want another person quitting after losing to me.”

Cali winks again, then, she does a small slashing gesture to her throat… “Slay…” Then holding down the MAYHEM “M,” “Queen…”

And with the image resting on her in that pose, the scene fades away.

Tag: @Nostradamus Good luck, partner ;)

The challenges of a babyface vs babyface match. I had a tough balance of keeping her face overall while still adding heat and S P I C E to the match. Plus I also had a goal with this promo of trying to show her more like where she is by-

Taking one line from the segment between Marquise and Cali, combined with a line from Cali's debut promo and running and expanding on said two concepts.

The only thing I wonder:

Should we fear the day she would turn to the dark side...

darth-vader-hallway.gif

That and I guess thoughts are always appreciated on the promo and the general story.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
You do a good job adding the spice whilst keeping her babyface. And honestly, I like when babyfaces have an edge about them anyways. Like I find her personality great. Just wanted to say how much I loved the description in the first paragraph. You describe absolutely everything, and it really helps me to picture the scene. This was a very well paced promo too I thought, so kudos on that too. I don't have any negative things to say really, as I think you nailed what you set out to do, and I was pretty immersed reading it through.

I like that she can flip from joking around to going all serious mode too. Like you did in this promo.

This line popped me :bosque
Norman decided to take my “Big Bowser” nickname literally and decided to breathe freaking fire

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
You do a good job adding the spice whilst keeping her babyface. And honestly, I like when babyfaces have an edge about them anyways. Like I find her personality great. Just wanted to say how much I loved the description in the first paragraph. You describe absolutely everything, and it really helps me to picture the scene. This was a very well paced promo too I thought, so kudos on that too. I don't have any negative things to say really, as I think you nailed what you set out to do, and I was pretty immersed reading it through.

I like that she can flip from joking around to going all serious mode too. Like you did in this promo.

This line popped me :bosque

I loved that line too! I wrote that segment actually and literally while I was sleeping I thought.. "HOLD THE FUCK UP! BIG GUY, BOSS, FIRE!? HE LITERALLY IS BOWSER!" and I had practice switching from being able to joke and then going on to be passionate or savage on a dime with a previous character. I think the key is to keep it consistent where it doesn't feel like an out of nowhere shift.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Didn't expect to be booked this soon again but before the deadline I'll come up with sumthin'. Probably preparin' how I'm gonna cook Burgerman.

Reactions: Hoss

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Didn't expect to be booked this soon again but before the deadline I'll come up with sumthin'. Probably preparin' how I'm gonna cook Burgerman.

Your tag partner.

After you both got eliminated first in the tag turmoil, no offense.