• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AMA General Promo Discussion Thread

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Will take feedback for this week on what are people's thoughts on the ongoing story-arc for Brian. At least now that things are actually explained for wtf is going on.

I will take a long read of everything tonight and tomorrow and give you wtv feedback I have for sure. You and anyone are welcome to let me know what you think of the ongoing shinzo stuff too if and when you have time. cheers!

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Cast Them In Hell | Brian Zewbowski - Roleplay Feedback

- not the biggest fan of the flash forwards into time, on a creative writing side it is interesting - but in terms of been a roleplay for a wrestling character I do find it confused. It is hard to criticize, because the writing is very good and it helps build the character - but I've always struggled with flash forwards with e-fed characters.

- The scene with Harvey was interesting, a tad confusing at time but I could see there is an intent of helping create the character in a certain way. I do like that there is a clear split personality going on, I've seen people try and fail to use dual personalities, but I do actually read it like the same person is very much two different characters.

- The scene with Sarah in many ways, I think was the most important of the four scene in the roleplay. This was where I felt there was the really push promo - and where the best direction came from. On a personal level, I feel that if we had a lot more time with Sarah and Brian, and more of a balance with the backstory stuff you could make people literally shit themselves when they are booked to face you.

- The traditional promo was solid. When I imagine the cutting between Brian and Humanity, I get the supernatural vibes that you would get in the 90s in the WWF and WCW. And I like what you are doing. I do enjoy you are adding a lot of high fantasy into this character, and as much as its not always my thing I do know that some people will love what you are doing.

I am a big fan of where you are taking Brian - so keep it up.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
vs. Norma Namatjira | Saus X - Roleplay Feedback

A pet peeve I have with speech its not on separate lines. Having to read two characters speaking in a mish mash of jumble was a struggle, to the point that I actually had to reformat it myself to read when I was originally judging it. As a young writer, I understand the desire to experiment - but it is always important that a reader doesn't have a hard time reading.

Focusing on the actual content, I liked the introduction of the George E. Brilliant and I do think that Saus benefits from having some additional characters introduced as it allows for his character to level up. I would be curious to see if Brilliant is going to be introduced at someone to come out to the ring with Saus.

The message I left with is that Saus is he wants to do this on his own despite the beating he has been taking in recent weeks. This felt like a turnaround roleplay, not only for the character Saus but also for Blaine the writer.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
I guess I'll take some on mine this week, since this was probably my fav I wrote this week. I had an idea for a second one, but I figured I just save it for next time.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Life is a Warfare and a Stranger's Sojourn | Killer Kandi - Roleplay Feedback

The first question I have - is who the blue hell is Dash Carlisle? Trying to imagine who this character might be based on. I liked the idea of Kandi turning up and not even knowing her schedule, very much like there is a clear split between the character and the actual wrestler. The benefits of the difference between a shoot and a work is often the basis for good character development.

I liked the direction of the promo and Kandi opinion was very short and sweet, although I understand that quite often if there is no tension between two characters but I do like the direction in which Kandi is going - but would have liked a bit more flesh on the bones.

I liked the touch of being the first female champion. I mean - its a false statement but I love the confidence ;)

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I'm changing things up - so if people want roleplay feedback, please just tag me and let me know. I don't want go out and give detailed feedback, for people that don't really care :)
I am down for your take on Buffalo Jones. I honestly am not personally too happy with my Pariah promo this round, would rather get your take on a promo that I actually feel came out how I wanted. :lol

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
So with my promo up, if anybody has any feedback I'd welcome it :)

No pressure, only if you have time but I'd be taking things on board for next time

From my own POV I think my descriptive writing needs work and setting the scene a bit better. I'd like to hear what you guys thought of it, and what I could do to make my next promo better. Much appreciated :thumbs: