• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

General Gaming Chat

Matrix

We're All Just Weird Kids In The End
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
qGS2CaC
Man it's tempting to buy Disney Dreamlight Valley. I know it's gonna be free next year sometime but it looks like a fun slice of life game and I've been waiting for months for it. But now they've patched the big issues I heard about so not sure I can continue to resist the urge.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Man it's tempting to buy Disney Dreamlight Valley. I know it's gonna be free next year sometime but it looks like a fun slice of life game and I've been waiting for months for it. But now they've patched the big issues I heard about so not sure I can continue to resist the urge.
It's free on Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
@Deth They added Syphon Filter 2 to PS Plus Premium today and it has trophies :mark: I heard this is just as good as the first game, if not better in some aspects. So I'm pretty excited to try it out later. I actually ended up doing the platinum for the first game, that's how much I enjoyed it.

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
@Deth They added Syphon Filter 2 to PS Plus Premium today and it has trophies :mark: I heard this is just as good as the first game, if not better in some aspects. So I'm pretty excited to try it out later. I actually ended up doing the platinum for the first game, that's how much I enjoyed it.
That is awesome! And yeah, the second one added and improved things from the first one.

• Love

PrinceOfEgypt

Reaction score
Started getting back to Cyberpunk 77 now that it's slightly less of a burning dumpster fire and because edgerunners was very cool. I forgot how well the game is written and how like Night City is the game's strength. It's just really immersive in a sense.....well until some poor NPC starts t-posing at least

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Started getting back to Cyberpunk 77 now that it's slightly less of a burning dumpster fire and because edgerunners was very cool. I forgot how well the game is written and how like Night City is the game's strength. It's just really immersive in a sense.....well until some poor NPC starts t-posing at least
Last time I played it I drove through the city. Like literally through the city. Nothing but the ground had collision lmao.

Baldrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler
teddibiase
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
So we got the kids a switch...what the difference in paying for Nintendo online and the family online thingy?

Other than the price structure obviously.

Sent from my SM-A137F using Tapatalk

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
So we got the kids a switch...what the difference in paying for Nintendo online and the family online thingy?

Other than the price structure obviously.

Sent from my SM-A137F using Tapatalk
Single Nintendo online is for one person, and the family plan allows up to 8 people to have online and all.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
:komintrigue:

And here we go. Like the majority of fans, you’re probably sick of all of the Silent Hill reboot/remake rumours by now. But at the same time, you’re holding out hope that this might be “the one”. And in this case, given that the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea in the past has been a genuine source of games prior to their official reveal, this might be “the one”.

Per Gematsu, Korea’s game ratings board has rated a title called Silent Hill: The Short Message. No platforms have been specified for the game, which sounds like it could be the name for the British-centric Silent Hill title mentioned a few weeks back that was referred to as Silent Hill: Sakura. That would be the one with all of the Post-it notes, by the way.

The publisher for Silent Hill: The Short Message is listed as UNIANA, a Korean company that handles Konami titles in the country.

Silent-Hill-Rated-Korea_09-26-22_Rating.png

As is often the case with news like this, Konami has not responded (so far). It does beg the question whether we’ll be seeing some Silent Hill-related news next month, or even at The Game Awards this December. It seems far more appropriate to drop some Silent Hill goodness for October, but given Konami’s track record, you’ll be excused if you aren’t holding your breath.

Reactions: Alexa

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
:komintrigue:

I'll never fucking play it, but awesome that it's actually happening.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
bmQvVtVm2drHMtDEbbJLTX.jpg

Google is officially shutting down its ambitious game streaming project, Stadia, Phil Harrison, the vice president and general manager of Stadia, said in a blog post published Thursday. The announcement comes less than three years after the cloud-gaming console launched.

Stadia will shut down in January 2023.

Harrison said that players who bought Stadia hardware and games will get a refund for their purchases.

“We’re grateful to the dedicated Stadia players that have been with us from the start,” Harrison said. “We will be refunding all Stadia hardware purchases made through the Google Store, and all game and add-on content purchases made through the Stadia store. Players will continue to have access to their games library and play through January 18, 2023 so they can complete final play sessions. We expect to have the majority of refunds completed by mid-January, 2023. We have more details for players on this process on our Help Center.”

Harrison added that the cloud-streaming technology that powered Stadia could power other Google products, and that Google remains “deeply committed to gaming.”

“We see clear opportunities to apply this technology across other parts of Google like YouTube, Google Play, and our Augmented Reality (AR) efforts — as well as make it available to our industry partners, which aligns with where we see the future of gaming headed,” Harrison said. “We remain deeply committed to gaming, and we will continue to invest in new tools, technologies and platforms that power the success of developers, industry partners, cloud customers and creators.”

Google Stadia was officially revealed in March 2019, at that year’s Game Developers Conference. The cloud-gaming platform launched in November that year, but without some of the ambitious, promised features that initially made Stadia compelling. In Polygon’s review of the platform, editor in chief Chris Plante wrote, “As a video game console with an entry price of $129, Stadia is immensely disappointing. Many of its high-end features (4K, HDR) don’t work across the entire service, not to mention the many core components of the service that aren’t available at launch.”

At launch, Stadia required players to purchase a Founders Pack, which included a Chromecast Ultra, a Stadia controller, and a three-month Stadia Pro subscription. Twelve games were available on launch day and the service was available in 14 countries.

“As a free service, Stadia could be revolutionary,” we said in our Stadia launch-day review. “My takeaway from this experience is that the magic of Stadia isn’t actually Stadia as a snazzy, new console or platform. The magic of Stadia is that, in theory, a person doesn’t really need to know that Stadia, as an idea, even exists.”

In April 2020, Google relaxed the requirements to play Stadia games, opening up the service to anyone with a Gmail address (as long as they lived in a country where Stadia was available). Users were required to purchase games from Stadia’s own store, or subscribe to Stadia Pro for $9.99 a month to access a list of games.

In 2021, Google confirmed that it was shutting down its internal game studios dedicated to Stadia development, and that Stadia Games and Entertainment vice president Jade Raymond was leaving the company. (Raymond has since established a new studio, Haven Studio, which has been acquired by Sony Interactive Entertainment.)

For more details on the shuttering of Stadia, Google has an extensive FAQ.

• Haha
Reactions: Nostradamus