• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

General Gaming Chat

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Yup, not very surprising to see Starfield is taking longer.

While it shouldn’t come as a surprise, Bethesda has announced that its upcoming vampire title Redfall and its sci-fi epic Starfield have been delayed to the first half of 2023. Redfall was scheduled for release later this summer, while Starfield was set to hit November 11th.

In their statement, Bethesda stated that the teams working on the games “have incredible ambitions for their games”. And in order for them to deliver “the best, most polished versions of them”, Bethesda decided to push both to next year.

In the same statement, Bethesda has teased that the games will be getting gameplay deep dives “soon”. Both titles are currently in development for the Xbox Series and PC.

Marty McFourth

200.gif

It’s the story that keeps on giving. Three days ago, a noted leaker had revealed several screenshots from what’s purportedly the Silent Hill remake. Now, another set of leaks have appeared online, including one involving Bloober Team and a remake of Silent Hill 2!

For starters, according to influencer NateTheHate and journalist Jeff Grubb (and corroborated by Video Games Chronicle’s own sources), Konami has been working on several Silent Hill titles, one of which happens to be a remake of Silent Hill 2 by Bloober Team. The remake will apparently feature reworked AI, animations, puzzles, and several new endings. The remake would also be released as a timed exclusive on PlayStation consoles.

If you recall, Bloober Team had been pegged before to be involved in something big with Konami, though they didn’t outright say that it was Silent Hill. Adding to all of this was Silent Hill composer Akira Yamaoka, who had stated in a now-deleted interview that he was working on a project that “will be the one you’ve been waiting for”.

That’s not all. Apparently, Konami has been reaching out to several developers about reviving the Silent Hill IP across multiple games. One such project is intended to take the Telltale Games route and be a smaller episodic series of “short stories”. One of the companies that Konami has apparently reached out to is Annapurna Interactive of What Remains of Edith Finch fame.

Of course, you’re probably wondering about a mainline entry. Konami is apparently working on that, too. It’s not clear who is leading the project, but rumours surfaced last year that a Japanese studio was working on a Silent Hill project.

And as for those leaked images last week? According to VGC, it’s understood to be related to a P.T.-style teaser game codenamed ‘Sakura’. The intention for this is to release it as a free digital title to “build anticipation for the larger projects”.

None of this has been confirmed by Konami, Bloober Team or Annapurna Interactive. In other words, the wait continues.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
First reports of the classic games from the new PS Plus say they are very badly optimized and cropped.

Marty McFourth

Good list of free horror games for anybody that is interested. The Haunted PS1 Demo Disc was a pretty cool one.

I dig that art style. Just perfect for scary games.

Marty McFourth

Was sad to hear about Ray Liotta yesterday. One of my favourite actors since seeing Goodfellas, but of course I get most nostalgic about GTA: Vice City.

He really brought a lot to the role of Tommy Vercetti, bringing that character to life and making it so iconic with his voice acting and delivery of the voice lines. Easily some of the best work I've heard even now. Truly a legendary actor.

Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

TIL you can farm chicken eggs in Resident Evil 4 in the early game farm indefinitely to get money for the Merchant. Gold ones get you 3k each time.

I know what I'm going to be cheesing during my Professional difficulty playthrough. :garrett

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
TIL you can farm chicken eggs in Resident Evil 4 in the early game farm indefinitely to get money for the Merchant. Gold ones get you 3k each time.

I know what I'm going to be cheesing during my Professional difficulty playthrough. :garrett
That has been known for a while XD, and yeah it helps in Preofessional a lot

Marty McFourth

That has been known for a while XD, and yeah it helps in Preofessional a lot
Honestly never thought to exit and re-enter the farm to keep getting the eggs. Played this game like a million times too. :lol

Will be good for health too when I'm satisfied with the money I have. They give good healing.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Honestly never thought to exit and re-enter the farm to keep getting the eggs. Played this game like a million times too. :lol

Will be good for health too when I'm satisfied with the money I have. They give good healing.
I actually found out about it like two years ago, so I get it, lol.

And very true. Also, you can use some speed run strats to help out on Professional as well