General Gaming Chat

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Nice, I'd love to see if you don't mind taking pictures.

I do the break thing a lot lately, like I'll just take a few days to a week without playing and jump right in. Felt like it's made me enjoy games a lot more too.
I have been doing the before and during pics. I will probably end up putting them all up on Twitter when I am done. It is a slow burn right now. Just got the first coat of paint up last night on half of the room. Second coat will go up tonight and then I will start putting the trim up tomorrow sometime. I don't have many places to put all my crap so I have to go slow and section by section.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
...I don't understand. What's there to explain? It's all right there in your face.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
And I would read it in its entirety

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Sega has reportedly started work on big-budget reboots of two cult titles: Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio. According to a report from Bloomberg citing “people familiar with its plans,” the Japanese game giant wants to create new games that can become global hits like Fortnite and deliver recurring revenue.

Fortnite, of course, has built its success on a number of attributes. It’s cross-platform, free-to-play, and generates money for publisher Epic Games through the use of cosmetic micro-transactions. Bloomberg doesn’t state that Sega is following this mold exactly, but it’s hard to know how you’d create a Fornite-like hit without ... replicating Fornite’s key traits.

Vague hints of Sega’s plans in this department have been appearing for a while now. In the company’s annual earnings report for the year ending March 2021, it named Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi as “examples of past IP” it wanted to utilize through reboots, remasters, and remakes. (Other games named included Rez, Panzer Dragoon, and Streets of Rage.) This same report discussed an internal “Super Game” initiative, which Sony exec Shuji Utsumi later explained would mean building multi-platform AAA titles with global releases. (He also alluded vaguely to NFTs, but honestly I think executives just say this as a reflex right now.)

Earlier this month, Utsumi said that several Super Game projects were currently underway, and Bloomberg is now saying these include Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio. The new Crazy Taxi game has been in development for a year, says Bloomberg, with a targeted release of 2024 to 2025. No such timeframe for Jet Set Radio is mentioned, and the publication stresses that “both new games are in the early stages of creation and could still be canceled.”

Things are still very much in development, then, but it’s tantalizing to imagine what Sega might do with these properties. Both titles arrived on Sega’s Dreamcast in 2000 (Crazy Taxi appeared in arcades the previous year) and gained cult followings for their stylish graphics and soundtracks. Crazy Taxi tasked players with delivering fares around a fictional San Francisco as quickly as possible, while Tokyo-based Jet Set Radio offered a number of game modes focused on inline skating and graffiti tagging.

Both titles are much more focused on gameplay than story, but Jet Set Radio’s use of factions and competitions seems particularly well suited to the sort of mass-participation multiplayer that has helped make Fortnite so popular. And who knows, perhaps a reboot of Crazy Taxi will mean a new theme song from The Offspring? That would certainly get the attention of anyone who played these titles on release.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Following Netflix's initial dalliances with video games toward the end of last year, which saw the streaming service begin offering a small selection of casual mobile games to subscribers, the streaming service is reportedly looking to significantly ramp up its offerings before the end of 2022, expanding its gaming library to almost 50 titles.

When Netflix launched its fledging video game service last November, subscribers were able to choose between a total of five games as part of their normal subscription. That number has steadily grown since then, with Netflix currently offering 18 games to subscribers - but a new report by the Washington Post says the company is going big in 2022, aiming to offer nearly 30 more titles by the end of the year.

There's currently no indication of what these titles may be - other than that Netflix will reportedly be sticking with mobile games "for now" - but we do know the streaming service has been attempting to expand its video game development know-how since last year, in the form of three studio acquisitions. It now owns Texas-based mobile developer Boss Fight Entertainment, Next Games - which made Stranger Things: Puzzle Tales - and, as of last September, Oxenfree developer Night School Studio.

Although Netflix focus will remain on mobile games for the time being, a source familiar with the company's plans told the Washington Post it's currently looking for "content opportunities around video games from every direction".

To date, Netflix has primarily focused on adapting existing games into TV shows - including the likes of the Witcher, Cuphead, League of Legends, and Castlevania - but it's also said to be planning to adapt its shows into games, and to put its name on more third-party titles, just as it did with last year's Hextech Mayhem: A League of Legends Story.

Netflix's goal, according to the Washington Post's report, is to "build out a games business that can create synergy between what people watch and what they’re playing."

Its most recently announced experiment in the video game space will see the company adopting a two-pronged strategy to adapt popular card game Exploding Kittens into a game, set to launch on the streaming service next month, and an animated TV series due next year.

Netflix's continuing push to expand its services away from its core video streaming offering makes considerable sense given the company is currently battling falling subscriber numbers and revenue - which it's blamed on password sharing and increased streaming competition.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
The Game Awards host Geoff Keighley announced via Twitter Thursday that this year’s Summer Game Fest will kick off on Thursday, June 9. That’s not all: In a first for Summer Game Fest and The Game Awards, which is scheduled for this December, both events will screen in select IMAX theaters across the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom.

This year’s Summer Game Fest will once again be hosted by Keighley and feature world premiere game reveals, trailers, updates from developers and platforms, celebrity guest appearances, and live musical performances. Day of the Devs: Summer Game Fest Edition will immediately follow this year’s Summer Game Fest, providing a platform to introduce innovative, independent, and diverse games to a wider audience.

Last year’s Summer Game Fest featured the world gameplay debut of Elden Ring and the announcement of Death Stranding: Director’s Cut on PlayStation 5, while last year’s Day of the Devs: Summer Game Fest Edition spotlighted indie titles including Axiom Verge 2, Death’s Door, and Last Stop.

Summer Game Fest will begin streaming live on Thursday, June 9 via YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook and other global outlets starting at 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET/6 p.m. GMT.

Reactions: Alexa

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I finally finished Guardians of the Galaxy and I did not hate it, but I wasn't that big of a fan either. I more or less finished it because I went so far just to keep trying to like it. I came around more near the end with Quill's talk with Nikki near the end. Overall I would give it a 5.5/10. I said 6 on Twitter but after thinking about it more, I'm going to knock it down to the 5.5

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'm very tempted to pick up the Yakuza Remastered Collection and the Kiwami games. Only problem is I might not see daylight again. :lol

Probably wait for a deep sale again. That is how I picked up Yakuza 0 for dirt cheap. And well, I'm only like 35% in and have got my money's worth.

• Haha
Reactions: Alexa