• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

General Gaming Chat

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
E3 won't be held in person this year again. Pretty much expected, it's just much safer to do them online with the current climate.

I don't imagine E3 will be much of a thing anymore honestly, it's much easier for Sony and what have you to do their own presentations online.

Rumor is they're not looking to do "in-person" events due to the uncertainty of events (COVID19's Omicron) next year. I imagine ESA is pissed off at California's Democratic party. For those of you who don't know: The primary location for E3 is in Los Angeles, California. Right now, California is in hard lockdown.

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
To any Xbox players, they got a ton of backwards compatible games on sale at the moment. So might be a good time to pick up that 360/OG Xbox games you've been wanting.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Playdate's Pulp, a creation tool allowing you to make your own games for the upcoming handheld with a crank, is now available in open beta.

The software, which is free to use, allows players to create and test games in a web browser before exporting them to use on a Playdate when it launches later this year.

If you're familiar with game making tools, it's similar to (and inspired by) Bitsy, allowing you to make room-based games without any programming knowledge, and comes complete with a pixel graphics editor, animation tools, a sound sequencer and the ability to create your own fonts. Essentially - everything you should need to make a game.

jpg

Wow, this is really cool. I'm not sure if anybody here is getting one of these, but apparently you can make games for it for free over the web.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Bombshell of the week...

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Toshihiro Nagoshi, former chief creative officer at Sega, where he led development of the Yakuza series as general director of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, has announced his next move. He’s started up his own studio, simply titled Nagoshi Studio, which is being wholly funded by Chinese internet and gaming company NetEase.

Nagoshi announced his departure from Sega last October, but today’s news also follows a report from Bloomberg back in August that named NetEase as his prospective future partner. Masayoshi Yokoyama, who The Verge interviewed last year about his work on the most recent Yakuza game Like a Dragon, is the new head of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio and is currently working on the next game in the series.

Nagoshi Studio will be headquartered in Tokyo and has hired several former long-time Sega employees and Yakuza contributors. The list includes producer Daisuke Sato, artist Kazuki Hosokawa, programmer Koji Tokieda, designer Masao Shirosaki, engineer Mitsunori Fujimoto, artist Naoki Someya, director Taichi Ushioda, and artist Toshihiro Ando.

In an interview with Japanese games magazine Famitsu, Nagoshi goes into some detail about why he chose to leave Sega and join up with NetEase. He says he felt like doing something different and expresses a desire to create games that appeal more outside of Japan, while noting that the studio’s focus will still remain on Japan for the time being. Nagoshi says that going independent will allow his team to develop games without having to consider Sega’s wider business plan and budget, and believes that NetEase is serious about prioritizing the new studio’s creative freedom.

Hmm, very interesting. Yakuza games are good. Worth keeping an eye on to see what they work on in the future.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
All Xbox One consoles have been discontinued by Microsoft. Makes sense seeing as the Series S is the same price as a One S over here, which was always baffling lol

So, fucking dumb. Not everyone can afford a 400/500 dollar console. As well, not everyone wants digital versions of games as many people still like having physical copies.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
So, fucking dumb. Not everyone can afford a 400/500 dollar console. As well, not everyone wants digital versions of games as many people still like having physical copies.

Eh, it's not as dumb as it may seem. They were still charging the same price for One S consoles as the Series S which is more more powerful. You can still buy One S consoles, just not brand new. I'd agree with you if it was just Series X they were selling. The only downside is Series S doesn't have a disc drive, and that is one of the still good things about the older one.

Reactions: InSaNe

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'd personally not buy a One S, but I see what you're saying for sure. Not everyone wants to buy a used console. It's good you can still pick up PS4 consoles because they are still worth it imo, I might not be switching to PS5 for a while