• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
boom_the_returning_002.jpg

About to get back into comics. Haven't read one since like October of last year with the first issue of the original Superman. I guess the title fits the occasion. There's 4 in total.

Isn't DC or Marvel but still.

I like my share of DC and Marvel comics, but I'm always a fan of independents. Hope you enjoy it, and welcome back to the world of comics! :eek:tunga:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I like my share of DC and Marvel comics, but I'm always a fan of independents. Hope you enjoy it, and welcome back to the world of comics! :eek:tunga:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Issue #1 was the gloomiest comic I've read in a long while.

A girl named Beth goes out to prom with some jock named Drew. While at prom, Drew goes ballistic and tricks Beth into getting in his car, claiming he's gonna get 'laid tonight'. Some guy is standing in the way, he runs off the road and crashes. Drew dies, and Beth legally dies for 5 minutes before going into a coma and awakening. She's tested and released but everyone hates her. She goes to school and everyone either hates or ignores her because she had a Near Death Experience, and is considered 'a changer'. Changer's are known for being serial murderers. She comes home to find her father and brother butchered like her mother (who died previously). She tries running away to avoid being suspected for the murder. She gets a ticket to Chicago and a policeman who wants revenge for a changer killing his partner, tries taking Beth to prison. When the same man, who stood in the cars way came up and punched the cop out. He drives her away, makes a pit-stop and shoots a guys brains out. To Be Continued...

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
BOOM Comics - Death Head is my new series I must read in the same night.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Bought all of the Power Girl/Harley Quinn comics. That was random. Didn't care much at all for Power Girl's scenes really.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
BOOM Comics - Death Head is my new series I must read in the same night.

Ooh, nice. I might have to check that one out.

It seems like you're into the darker, more suspenseful/thriller comics. If you don't mind a couple of suggestions, I would recommend checking out Men of Wrath and Wytches. You can look them up and see if they sound like something you would enjoy, but they have the darker suspense-thriller style going on.

Last edited:

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Bought all of the Power Girl/Harley Quinn comics. That was random. Didn't care much at all for Power Girl's scenes really.

That did seem like an odd match-up. I don't read the comics and have no idea why they opted to go that route. The friend I got interested in comics is a big Harley fan, but she sticks to her main comics, not into the Suicide Squad series and didn't check out the HQ/PG storyline.

ETA: Never mind. :haha: After minimal research, apparently this is why they did it, so that answers my curiosity:
Hey, remember the panel gutter between panels 3 and 4 of page 20 of HARLEY QUINN #12? What? You DON’T? It’s only, like, the most memorable panel gutter of the twenty-first century. Well, either way, have we got the miniseries for you, in which the full tale of that momentous and momentary pause can be told!

Reactions: Farooq

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Yeah, but I mean we got a Jimi Hendrix like dude and they got stoned. Otherwise its pretty just eh.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Ooh, nice. I might have to check that one out.

It seems like you're into the darker, more suspenseful/thriller comics. If you don't mind a couple of suggestions, I would recommend checking out Men of Wrath and Wytches. You can look them up and see if they sound like something you would enjoy, but they have the darker suspense-thriller style going on.
You need to check out The Returning. My avatar is a screen of one of the final pages of the comic. It's gory and physiological. It was great.

It really got my juices flowing for comics, again. I'll send you a link to all 4, if you're interested.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
You need to check out The Returning. My avatar is a screen of one of the final pages of the comic. It's gory and physiological. It was great.

It really got my juices flowing for comics, again. I'll send you a link to all 4, if you're interested.

Sure thing; please do!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Men of Wrath was fantastic. I loved every moment of it, but I would've wanted Lizzie to shoot Old Daddy Rath. But I get what him dying in a bed is saying. Thanks for the awesome suggestion, GN.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Norman - 8 Year Old Serial Killer

My new target.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Grumpy Cat has it's own comic :facepalm1:

Can't believe Dynamite is making them. The same publisher that makes The Devilers comics.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Below is new promotional material for Marvel's "Drax" comic series, which is being written by former WWE Champion CM Punk. The first issue will be released on November 4th:

"Drax the Destroyer is the muscle for the Guardians of the Galaxy, but what does he do when he’s not adventuring through space with the Guardians? He lets his bloodthirsty quest for revenge take the pilot seat, of course! Determined to find and kill Thanos once and for all, Drax is ready to take on the universe. But when you’re tooling around the universe in a ship aptly named “The Space Sucker”, an unwavering desire for bloodshed isn’t enough to keep a mission from derailing. Drax crash lands into his wildest adventures ever, encountering foes no one will ever expect! The depths of space may not be big enough to contain this much grit, vengeance and all-out action!"
Source

Can't say I'm not interested in this. Thoughts on this?

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I've been interested in it since I first heard about it some time back. No surprise there. I'm one of the nearly-extinct Punk fans on this forum, and I've enjoyed his other comic writing. Plus it'll be interesting to read this type of storyline with Drax. If I remember correctly, he's the last of the Guardians' crew to get his own stand-alone title.

You can read more about it here and get a peek at some of the first pages (unlettered) of the issue:
Preview: Drax #1 - Comic Book Resources