Gears of War 2...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

And predictions are shit, there is a certain game coming out called Wii Music.

Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gears 2 are two completly different games that shouldn't be compared. But in terms of quality and story Metal Gear Solid wins hands-down. You can't compare the two games nor downplay either series. I don't think everybody will forget about MGS4 when Gears 2 comes out.

Also the TC sounds very fanboyish

Kassidy

Reaction score
LOL if you think this is the same game with a diff story you are highly mistaken, have you read anything about the game new wise?

how about new reaction to being hit with bullets instead of trucking away you actually slow down and stumble you have to play more strategy. New weapons, the environment plays a giant factor, improved cover system.

Campaign also isn't the same as last year not just talking story. Everything is more in depth, the characters are all explored and have a more true to them personality and background, the new mechanics in the game are great with being able to ride a burmack or reaper.

Improved cover: you can flip a table over and make cover for yourself in the room if there isnt any. Your cover can be knocked down and blown away by the enemy. Not to mention all the improvements on the weapons, more realistic kick back from guns and a better aim on the guns.

Sidenote: Personally I dont think all that much about Metal Gear Solid 4, I loved 2 and snake eater but this one many of the times just had me saying wtf and why am i playing again. IMO Gears is more enjoyable.

LOL if you think this is the same game with a diff story you are highly mistaken, have you read anything about the game new wise?

how about new reaction to being hit with bullets instead of trucking away you actually slow down and stumble you have to play more strategy. New weapons, the environment plays a giant factor, improved cover system.

Campaign also isn't the same as last year not just talking story. Everything is more in depth, the characters are all explored and have a more true to them personality and background, the new mechanics in the game are great with being able to ride a burmack or reaper.

Improved cover: you can flip a table over and make cover for yourself in the room if there isnt any. Your cover can be knocked down and blown away by the enemy. Not to mention all the improvements on the weapons, more realistic kick back from guns and a better aim on the guns.

Sidenote: Personally I dont think all that much about Metal Gear Solid 4, I loved 2 and snake eater but this one many of the times just had me saying wtf and why am i playing again. IMO Gears is more enjoyable.

Even a rep from Epic said Gears 2 feels the same.

Those are little added features nothing dramatically impressive. Thats like me saying that the little added on features in GoW2 made it the best game ever which it didn't.

I guess we have to wait and see about the campaifn thing, some hands on previews have been 50/50 on the campaign mode. Now the online mode THATS a REAL dramatic change.

Well to each his own opinion but many disagree with you and yes I have been keeping up with Gears 2 and its an automatic 1st day buy for me.

Kassidy

Reaction score
ill be there at midnight picking up my limited edition version :)

Also where does the rep say that? I wanna see

Wordlife

omg you have NO idea how bad I want to get this game

I ammmmmmmmm soooooooooo stoked for it to come out already, besides for Midnight Club L.A., I'll be playing this ALL day everyday

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Gears 2, Limited Edition, MINE on release! I loved Gears 1, it's the game that primarily opened my eyes to Shooters and such, so I thank it for allowing me to experience such other games like Bioshock, Dark Sector, Mass Effect, and UTIII. I can't wait!

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Also where does the rep say that? I wanna see

I don't know about a rep saying that but, Cliffy B said that it has the classic Gear's feel to it with major changes if that's what your getting at Stinger. I does, you still can stomp an enemy while they are down. You take cover, and can blind fire. I bet Marcus still reloads a shotgun the same way. But isn't that the same as jacking a Ghost in Halo, or running around in a box with Metal Gear? Gears is set to be 360 game of the year with competitors such as Dead Space(BIG MAYBE), Left For Dead, and a few more. I think the 'make your own cover' thing is a huge change, and WILL more than likely change Online, and Offline gameplay. Also, I really do believe the kick back adds a sense of strategy, and eliminates the "Shoot, and Roll" technique used commonly with the shotgun.

Gears to is going to murder 360 gamer's fingers. I know it'll be doing that to me, as I'm getting that crap as soon as it comes out. Pluse LIVE? Dude, how can you go wrong?

J

I don't know about a rep saying that but, Cliffy B said that it has the classic Gear's feel to it with major changes if that's what your getting at Stinger. I does, you still can stomp an enemy while they are down. You take cover, and can blind fire. I bet Marcus still reloads a shotgun the same way. But isn't that the same as jacking a Ghost in Halo, or running around in a box with Metal Gear? Gears is set to be 360 game of the year with competitors such as Dead Space(BIG MAYBE), Left For Dead, and a few more. I think the 'make your own cover' thing is a huge change, and WILL more than likely change Online, and Offline gameplay. Also, I really do believe the kick back adds a sense of strategy, and eliminates the "Shoot, and Roll" technique used commonly with the shotgun.

Gears to is going to murder 360 gamer's fingers. I know it'll be doing that to me, as I'm getting that crap as soon as it comes out. Pluse LIVE? Dude, how can you go wrong?

Just had to say well quick this post impressed me. I'm glad to see you making crap loads of improvement since you've came back from the whole innocident forever ago.

Now back to the game I am so confident that it's going to outsell MGS4. I will make Monkeystyle bets on it. =]

Gears of War 2 leaked due to piracy

I spoiled the game for myself, watched all the cutscenes. The story is meh and the acting and so called “emotion” is terrible.

THE ENDING IS A FUCKING LET DOWN

Marcus screamed a certain someones name out loud twice and he sounded as bad as Zero in MMX4 and Dante in DMC1. It was terrible

I won't spoil anything, don't expect anything epic out of the storyline besides cheesy acting.

Damn pirates spoiled Gears 2.

I gotta say, i'm less hyped for it now. I'll still get it because I want my Lancer and Gears 2 will have incredible gameplay and online.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Just had to say well quick this post impressed me. I'm glad to see you making crap loads of improvement since you've came back from the whole innocident forever ago.

Thanks man :happy:, and Stinger where did you get those cut scenes? Wait, heres a better question: How did they get those cut scenes leaked?

Piracy

If I was a jackass i'd get it now but i'll support Epic. Also Fable 2, Far Cry 2, and Fallout 3 have all been pirated.

Don't expect much from the campaign storyline wise especially the so called “emotion” lol

But I never expected MGS4 or Halo like storytelling. Gears was always gameplay>story for me.

Its still a 1st day buy for me.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
I don't care for the storyline; there are some games where I'd expect a good, or adequate storyline (RPGs and Adventure) while others, I'm more for gameplay (Shooters, Platformers, Action, and Sports). Oh Cliffy B... and fucking piracy. I hate it; not because they get to play the game before me, but because of the principle, or lack of, in piracy. Really pisses me off. Saints Row 2, Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Far Cry 2 were all pirated. Damn fools..

Gears of War 2 “Last Day” sequel to Mad World

[YT]jn3gftUy0_k[/YT]

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING BEAUTIFUL

I can't wait for the 2008 GAME OF THE YEAR, Gears of War 2.