Gail Kim slams treatment of Divas in WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Fact is, most of the women can't be taken seriously.

Wrestlers like Beth, Tamina and Natalya are forces to be reckoned with. They have the talent and the size to be intimidating and they put on a generally good show.

Bitches like Kelly Kelly are nothing more than useless eye candy. Kelly Kelly has gotten a bit better in the ring but she is only there because ISN'T SHE JUST SOOO HOT!1!1!1! (imo, no).

Glad they are using Tamina quite a bit and seeing Beth getting more involved but how about a feud between at least two of the three I mentioned? Been waiting for a Natalya/Beth feud for ages now. If they don't want to make one heel and the other face, have one of them feud with Tamina.

Maryse is utterly useless in the ring and is more fitting for a valet.

Melina is great in the ring but she gets hurt all the time so she is a waste to invest in. You get her in a feud and she will fuck it up with an injury.

Gail isn't a bad wrestler by any means and she had a great fight with Serena in the Florida league in which she carried the match....yet, upon arriving in the WWE, she has yet to be as impressive as she was in the other leagues.
Eve has gotten much better, imo, and I personally enjoy her.

I liked McCool and Layla and thought they were fairly good in the ring.

Alicia is alright....

AJ is....well, not horrible in the ring but I can't take her seriously.

The rest of the female roster....meh.

They never do a good job of working with most of the women.

I already covered this, there is nothing wrong with Kim's wrestling, the problem is that she only gets to show it in two or three minutes busts (sometimes not even that), and has just gotten lost in the Diva suffle, as a result of not being given a major feud, or a character/storyline to advance her. If she was given the chance to headline, and given some good foes to tangle with, Gail Kim would shine like in TNA, end of.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
End of what?

Gail Kim fucked herself over by knocking herself out during a title match with Mickie James. If you are going to be that foolhardy in a match on WWE TV than you are not going to get pushed.

Vince hates stiff wrestlers. He thinks they look like shit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I didn't see that, but do you think that is the reason Kim has been used the way she has? because I don't, chances are Vince doesn't even remember that, the Divas Divsion is booked in such a ramdon fashion, then I am convinced that who gets put over has nothing to do with who management believe has talent.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think Vince tends to remember the people he doesn't want to push seems to me he knows how to hold a grunge and in his mind if he sees someone he thinks looks like shit he'll remember it. I mean if that werent the case then why not push Ryder or Funaki I mean he had to have had a reason right? Vince or Vinces people all know why someone is or isn't being pushed. Gail also isn't doing herself any favors airing her grievances on Twitter. It's also tweets like this that will end up causing a company wide embargo on the damn thing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well I didn't see that, but do you think that is the reason Kim has been used the way she has? because I don't, chances are Vince doesn't even remember that, the Divas Divsion is booked in such a ramdon fashion, then I am convinced that who gets put over has nothing to do with who management believe has talent.

Why the fuck would he even hire anybody if he didn't have a vested interest in them? Why even have a divas division if he doesn't care about it?

Random fashion is just keeping around valets.

Reaction score
Why don't they just make Superstars a Divas show? I know the ratings won't be good, but it will give people chances to see them.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I could not see them doing that and expect to see half the audience that they have now. That would be a horribly small niche group. They only way that would draw is if Bischoff and Russo were doing their Lesbian storylines on it. Maybe a Divas only 15 minute web series but again your not going to draw shit. WWE isn't showing Divas now because they know in a PG setting they won't make much money off of them it's more of a tradition thing.

On a side not you say it will give people a chance to see them. I dont really hear an outcry to see more divas matches only people poking fun that they last 3 seconds long.
You all so say it give people a chance to see them but suggest the ratings would be bad. Ratings are based on people watching so if the ratings are bad nobody wants to watch.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
In TNA, there was a time when the women's matches were getting the highest ratings of the show (not sure about now but it used to be like this, anyways). The difference is that the Knockouts are more used for actual talent in the ring (not all but most) and Divas are more there for eye candy than any sort of talent (again, not all, but most).

I haven't watched much TNA for a while so I am not totally sure if this is still the case but it once was, at least a year or two ago, maybe more. You just know when the Divas come out (minus wrestlers like Beth, Natalya and I think even Tamina now), it's not going to be some stupid ass 'chickfight' where they roll around and tug each other's hair. If they booked the Divas more seriously, it would be a different story, but they don't. Hardly any of the Divas are good on the mic so that kills any good promos, and a lot of them just plain suck in the ring.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Why the fuck would he even hire anybody if he didn't have a vested interest in them? Why even have a divas division if he doesn't care about it?

Random fashion is just keeping around valets.
But I never said anything about why they were hired, more than the booking seemed very random, which it is.

Don't like the idea of making superstars a Women only show, because unless you could really push it, and suddenly make that show more of a big deal, that would deveure the division further. They just need to cut the female talent down, put the spotlight on the good wrestlers, and maybe stick with a few who are good on the mic who could be good managers, or maybe fill an interviewer position.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The women are an integral part of WWE now, don't go all homo and fire them all.

We need more Trish Stratus' not more Teri Runnels. Interviewers? Are you serious?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
But I never said anything about why they were hired, more than the booking seemed very random, which it is.

Don't like the idea of making superstars a Women only show, because unless you could really push it, and suddenly make that show more of a big deal, that would deveure the division further. They just need to cut the female talent down, put the spotlight on the good wrestlers, and maybe stick with a few who are good on the mic who could be good managers, or maybe fill an interviewer position.

What the fuck is wrong with you? You said "chances are Vince doesn't even remember that" referring to her fuck up. Implying that he doesn't give a shit to remember past transgressions. Which would also imply that he can't be bothered to remember or know why he hired someone.

The booking is pretty obvious when you read the reports of whose Merch is selling and whose been caught sleeping around most recently. Lot of guys jack off to kelly kelly so she get more tv simple as that really.

I agree with Deezy more Trish less Teri.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Firstly I really don't get what the homo comment was about, fact is this wrestling, yes I have no problem with attractive women being part of the show, but those women still have to have talent and be able to draw money, that is the point of wrestling, and I didn't say all the women should be cut, just the ones who are not offering anything, which people have been saying for ages now, just like any male talent who have nothing to offer shouldn't be under contract, it is not a gender thing, and no women are not an integral part of the product, if they were an integral part of the product, then the ones that are good at wrestling would be allowed to show it, and they would be given more interesting characters, and the ones who are good on the mic and know how to work a crowd would be allowed to do that.

And John you are so wide of the mark on this, what does the fact that men jerk off to Kelly Kelly have to do with anything, that doesn't draw money. Lita and Trish didn't become stars because they were sexy, they became stars because they had interesting personaities, and because people liked them, and because they could put on a good matches, yes the fact they were good looking didn't hurt them, but WWE have lots of good looking women, and very few of them have gotten over like they did, and the reason is because they don't have that same IT Factor. Being Vince's latest sex bomb shell will only get Kelly Kelly so far.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

And John you are so wide of the mark on this, what does the fact that men jerk off to Kelly Kelly have to do with anything, that doesn't draw money. Lita and Trish didn't become stars because they were sexy, they became stars because they had interesting personaities, and because people liked them, and because they could put on a good matches, yes the fact they were good looking didn't hurt them, but WWE have lots of good looking women, and very few of them have gotten over like they did, and the reason is because they don't have that same IT Factor. Being Vince's latest sex bomb shell will only get Kelly Kelly so far.

People buy her shit imagery so they have something to look at. No that won't make her a star or carry her very far but that is why she has the belt. Because if she hast the belt they can charge an extra dollar or two cause she's got the belt.

I maybe off the mark on some thing including this but at least I can see the mark.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Kelly Kelly is a 'draw' because she is the 'cute little innocent blond' but she has virtually no talent.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
She is also on the Maxim hot 100 list. To not milk that would be Blue.