Gail Kim slams treatment of Divas in WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lucky

Reaction score
Gail Kim posted several messages on her Twitter account criticizing WWE creative for not utilizing the Divas to their fullest extent.

Kim wrote the following regarding her match last week with Beth Phoenix on WWE Superstars: “Thank u! The response of our match has been unbelievable and it was TRULY a dream come true. Imagine if we were given a storyline or some more time behind it! Sigh….â€

She then wrote the following in response to a Twitter follower wishing WWE would bring former Women’s Champion Trish Stratus back to the fold: “There’s not a lack of talent, it’s the lack of time, storylines and use of talent!â€

Kim then wrote a message to Stratus longing for days gone by: “I would love to go back to what we had back in those years! Those were like ironwoman matches back then compared to now lol.â€

Following Kim’s critical messages, a follower remarked to Kim: “Instead of bitching; why don’t you leave? People could perceive your tweets a bad attitude?†Kim, however, feels she’s telling the truth.

She responded, “Oh thats not #!@%*#ing lol just the truth :) and I don’t live my life based on what people perceive. Can’t please everyone all the time.â€

Kim then said she’s happy to be a regular on WWE Superstars because she gets to “wrestle.â€

“Sometimes I don’t realize how long I haven’t been on RAW because I still wrestle on superstars,†Kim wrote. “Which I love because I get to WRESTLE for longer than 3 min and actually have singles matches! Hopefully soon…:)))

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Her criticisms are fair enough. The talented divas are under-used especially when WWE have four hours of television each week (plus superstars online) to showcase them. They should be able to find ten minutes on RAW and Smackdown each week for a good divas match plus one on nearly every PPV. But in saying that at least now we don't see pudding matches or bra and panties matches and that they are actual wrestling matches. WWE have too many divas at the moment and should trim to roster so that they can put more effort into putting the quality divas into some good storylines.

Lucky

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that though. Who's not getting used that should be used on the roster right now? In the past I would have said Beth Phoenix but she's been on Raw I think the last 2/3 weeks.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
There were 8 divas in the ring during Kharma's breakdown.

Now all we see are the Bellas and Kelly Kelly. Yes underutilized.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There was a 14 diva tag team match on RAW the other week but the only divas used regularly are Bella's and Kelly on RAW and now on Smackdown they have finally started to use Natalya and Tamina in the storyline with AJ/Kaitlyn. On Smackdown they actually have a proper storyline happening for the Divas which is good. On RAW Melina, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim and Maryse are doing nothing. It shouldn't be that hard to give them some storylines to actually use them as wrestlers.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Don't forget also Katie Lea is now in TNA in a the thankless Winter role, and she was another one who had more talent than she was allowed to show.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You know it occurs to me that WWE had the same or less amount of hours on TV but had more Content. I'm not sure how but it seems like back in the day you had the main title the IC Hardcore Tag and Womens. Now all you really have is the Main and the Jobbers what the hell happened to the in between. Used to be so much bang for your buck.

Reaction score
Gail speaks the truth when she was a Knockout in TNA she was used more often and had GREAT wrestling matches. You go to WWE you get the shit treatment. As far as triimming down the Diva's I say please God get rid of Melina. Since her arrival she has been nothing but trouble, Alicia Fox lways has injury troubles it would be a risk to kep her.

Reaction score
Gail Kim hasn't really proven herself in WWE since she came back. I really don't know if its because of the creative team or lack of time. There is only a handful of divas that can really wrestle. The times of Molly Holly, Lita, Trish Stratus, and Victoria are over.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Trust me Goldstanded it is because of creative, Kim is still in her prime, has not to my knowledge had any major injuries and in TNA proved that she was one of the great female talents around, there is no way she has sudderly become a lesser talent in such a short space of time. Fact is how is someone supposed to get over when they normally appear in muti-person matches for only a couple of minutes at a time, and are given no character or feud to speak off.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You know it occurs to me that WWE had the same or less amount of hours on TV but had more Content. I'm not sure how but it seems like back in the day you had the main title the IC Hardcore Tag and Womens. Now all you really have is the Main and the Jobbers what the hell happened to the in between. Used to be so much bang for your buck.

Plus back in the day there was just the one roster so everyone was put together on both shows. Now even with seperate rosters they can't book the shows well enough to promote all the title divisions. It should be simple and it should be important for WWE to have every division strong but for too long their focus has been on mainly the world title scenes and not much else.

For cutting the roster Alicia Fox and Rosa Mendes would be my first two choices. I have no idea what either look like these days and they are low in the list of divas that can wrestle.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Alicia Fox is rolling on Smackdown looking hot. I hope she goes nowhere.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
She looks like Rihanna a bit now.

I think they need to go back to a three show setup all shows being two hours and all shows completely seperate no of this super show bullshit jumping ship whenever we feel like it. Make the draft and in extension the brand extension mean something. You'll be able to do more with what you have.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I hate it when the brand extension is ignored. Certain people lose camera time because of it.

I miss the days of seperate PPVs and the big 4 being the only time Smackdown and Raw stars interacted.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Fact is, most of the women can't be taken seriously.

Wrestlers like Beth, Tamina and Natalya are forces to be reckoned with. They have the talent and the size to be intimidating and they put on a generally good show.

Bitches like Kelly Kelly are nothing more than useless eye candy. Kelly Kelly has gotten a bit better in the ring but she is only there because ISN'T SHE JUST SOOO HOT!1!1!1! (imo, no).

Glad they are using Tamina quite a bit and seeing Beth getting more involved but how about a feud between at least two of the three I mentioned? Been waiting for a Natalya/Beth feud for ages now. If they don't want to make one heel and the other face, have one of them feud with Tamina.

Maryse is utterly useless in the ring and is more fitting for a valet.

Melina is great in the ring but she gets hurt all the time so she is a waste to invest in. You get her in a feud and she will fuck it up with an injury.

Gail isn't a bad wrestler by any means and she had a great fight with Serena in the Florida league in which she carried the match....yet, upon arriving in the WWE, she has yet to be as impressive as she was in the other leagues.

Eve has gotten much better, imo, and I personally enjoy her.

I liked McCool and Layla and thought they were fairly good in the ring.

Alicia is alright....

AJ is....well, not horrible in the ring but I can't take her seriously.

The rest of the female roster....meh.

They never do a good job of working with most of the women.