Fuji's Top Twenty Most Hated Films

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
I was half expecting Gigli :rofl: (which I was sadly conned into watching not by my girlfriend, but my friend's girlfriend. Wtf?)

I'm totally interested in what the musical journey is going to be. I've got a bunch of musical movies coming to mind that I thought were terrible so I can't wait to see what you say.

Castiel

Reaction score
Never watched The Notebook. Always figured it was overrated garbage though, stuff like that more then often is. Throw in a nice kiss in the rain and it gets loved. No thanks. Gosling and McAdams are both definitely talented but just from that one scene I think I can safely assume the whole movie is bad. The "it still isn't over!" line sounded more like he was going to kill someone then kiss them...

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Castiel said:
The "it still isn't over!" line sounded more like he was going to kill someone then kiss them...
Haha, I never looked at it that way but its so true. I can totally see him grabbing an axe right after that and chopping McAdams head off. Actually, that would have greatly improved the movie, even if it meant we wouldn't get to look at McAdams anymore.

NovaRoad said:
I'm totally interested in what the musical journey is going to be. I've got a bunch of musical movies coming to mind that I thought were terrible so I can't wait to see what you say.
There really are a ton of musical films that are critically acclaimed yet completely suck...I could almost do another top 20 actually. :lol: As for today's film, well, here we go....

17. Amadeus

l_146303_0086879_d5dca9c0.jpg

This movie flat out sucks. There's just no other way to describe it and if you've never seen it before, trust me, outside of one actor, you aren't missing a thing. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to cast Pinto from Animal House as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart? Probably the same brain trust that approved a script with more slang than you can shake a stick at. Honestly, I don't think people used contractions like "gonna'" instead of "going to" in the 1700's but I'm sure as shit that proper ladies (like the one in this film that says it constantly) did not. There was so much "modern" going on in this "historical" piece that I was sure Mozart and Salieri were going to hit Taco Bell for dinner at one point. Outside of the glaring dialogue errors, the script is preposterous and basically re-writes history as it sees fit, which is beyond annoying considering its supposed to be a bio-pic. Oh and its also boring as hell. Don't believe me? Click on the video below and see how long you last.

[video=youtube;vxcjxN0rPzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxcjxN0rPzs[/video]​

That my friends is less than 6 minutes of a film that runs for 2 hours and 40 of them and no, it doesn't get much better than that clip. Amadeus won a remarkable 8 Academy Awards including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay. What's remarkable about that is that it actually didn't deserve ANY of those and only really merited a nod for F. Murray Abraham's outstanding performance as Salieri and perhaps the Costume Design. It is a film that is yet another shining example of how the Academy Awards are the biggest farce on the planet. Yet again, as with Reds losing to Chariot's of Fire in 1981, the Academy chose not to reward the challenging film (this year it was The Killing Fields), opting instead to go with the popular, and safe, choice. If ever there was an example of a pretentious piece of garbage getting totally overrated by nearly the entire film community, Amadeus is it.

Next up, we stay in the past and look at a different master.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
Oh my god, yes!

Growing up a band geek at and around the time this movie dropped, I really couldn't understand what was so amazing about this movie that all my friends thought there was something wrong with me for not liking it. I tend to be overly critical of musical movies (both movie adaptations of musicals and movies based on musical figures), but I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this movie was shit.

To give you an idea of how critical I am of musical movies, consider that among my all-time favorites in this category is the South Park movie.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I got way more enjoyment from Falco's Rock Me Amedeus video then watching Pinto in a whit wig and tights...fuckin rubbish

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I totally agree, most boring piece of crap can barely get through it when I watch it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
To give you an idea of how critical I am of musical movies, consider that among my all-time favorites in this category is the South Park movie.
That's definitely one of my favourite musicals too, there's really nothing like it and I didn't expect that from South Park at the time.

Professor Booty said:
I got way more enjoyment from Falco's Rock Me Amedeus video then watching Pinto in a whit wig and tights...fuckin rubbish
Speaking of Rock Me Amadeus, the music video is 100 times better than anything Amadeus could have hoped to be.

[video=youtube;cVikZ8Oe_XA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA[/video]

The Almighty Mitch said:
I totally agree, most boring piece of crap can barely get through it when I watch it.
To make it even more boring, they released a three hour plus director's cut. There's no way in hell I'm ever going to watch that. :lol:

I'm out for the day so we'll have to wait until tomorrow to get back to this, but trust me, it'll be worth it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
16. Shakespeare In Love

l_128714_0138097_b0193ebe.jpg

As with some of the previous films we've looked at, its pretty obvious that the Academy Awards are simply Hollywood's way of verbally blowing themselves while showering utter filth with little statues. Shakespeare in Love is no stranger to that, having been nominated for a whopping 13 of those awards and winning 7, including Best Picture and Best Actress. Well guess what? Yep, you got taken again, because it is not even close to being the Best Picture for the year of its release (or any other for that matter) and Gwyneth Paltrow's terrible performance proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is the most undeserving winner in the history of the Oscars. Seriously, she has absolutely no skill whatsoever but I guess being cute is enough. Well that and the fact that her dad has a lot of clout in the Academy...because nepotism certainly can't hurt in these things. If you think I'm being unduly harsh with this piece of shit, I submit the following evidence, widely regarded as one of the BEST scenes in this film....

[video=youtube;XrxIR2uja8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrxIR2uja8w[/video]​

That's just the tip of the iceberg here, as Joseph Fiennes remarkably tops that bad bit of acting several other times in the film, while Paltrow spends most of her time showing off just how comparable her charisma is to that of an eggplant. If you ever find the strength to sit through this entire piece of filth, you'll soon come to the same realization that I did...that being that its more suited to be an ABC Movie of the Week than an Oscar-winning film. The fact that it was nominated for and won so many just further shows how out of touch the Academy is, but then again they gave a fucking SILENT movie the award for Best Picture this year, so I guess things are getting worse rather than better.

Tomorrow we'll be looking at revenge through the eyes of one of the most famous directors of all time.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I haven't seen any of the movies you have posted so far. Are their any more recent ones coming up later in the list?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I haven't seen any of the movies you have posted so far. Are their any more recent ones coming up later in the list?

Tomorrow's is a little more recent (2006 I think) and the top three are all recent films.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

You've never seen fast & furious?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think of all these movies I've only seen parts of one and that's Fast & Furious, I've heard of a lot of them :laugh: I just never cared to watch them all for different reasons. But I enjoy watching you do this that's for sure.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
15. Munich

l_408306_7b3bc549.jpg

This is a film about the aftermath of a very dark moment in history, the killing of several Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympics by a Palestinian group named Black September. After the incident, MOSSAD (the Israeli version of the CIA) sent a group of their agents on a mission to find and kill those responsible, and that story is told very well in a film from 1986 called Sword of Gideon. Unfortunately, Hollywood genius Steven Spielberg decided he wanted to re-tell that story and therefore Munich was born, though it should have been aborted because what we have here is a failure on almost every level possible. For starters, the main actors (Eric Bana - Australian, Daniel Craig - English, Ciaran Hinds - Irish) are about the farthest thing from Israeli that you could find. Aside from the bad acting, the film also features one of the single most bizarre sex scenes in the history of film, check it out....

[video=youtube;AFub4S1inUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFub4S1inUA&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsear ch_query%3Dmunich%2Beric%2Bbana%26oq%3Dmunich%2Ber ic%2Bbana%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3Dg1%26aql%3D%26gs_l%3Dyo utube.3..0.1109.3496.0.3976.16.10.0.6.6.0.136.866. 8j2.10.0...0.0.5Y_IOhZaR-s&has_verified=1[/video]​

Seriously, what the fuck is that all about? I understand the idea of metaphor and symbolism, but if there's any of it there its completely lost on me. Now, on to more important things, Steven Spielberg really must have thought he could do no wrong, because its the only way to explain how poorly this film is made. The first few minutes are pretty well done, with the massacre taking place, but then it totally falls apart. The fact that this film was praised by critics and received 5 Academy Award nominations (thankfully it didn't actually win any) is astounding considering Sword of Gideon is an infinitely superior film in every way. Unfortunately hardly anyone knows that film exists, but I feel that should change and instead of watching this garbage, go seek out Sword of Gideon instead..its way better and it doesn't make you feel uncomfortable while watching people fuck.

Next up, a great director and a top notch cast...what could possibly go wrong?

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I knew Munich would be on the list. Most overrated movie ever IMO.