Fourth lets a randomizer choose his next game

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Hotline Miami is hard but fair. The first few times you attempt a level you are going to die but when you figure out the enemy placements and patterns it becomes a heck of a lot easier. It is definitely a game that is very dependent on reaction speed, where is a lot of where the difficulty comes from. Deaths aren't that frustrating I feel as the restart for this game is very quick. You are back playing the game in a couple seconds, so it's just a try again sort of process until you get it right. The game really shines for me with it's visual quality, I really love the art style and the soundtrack is perfect and very fitting, it gives you an andrenaline rush when you're making your way through the levels.

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
desperados-iii-pc-game-steam-cover.jpg

Next game I got was Desperados III. I love the Western setting a lot, the art style is incredibly awesome. Definitely my favourite aspect of the game. These kind of games aren't usually my cup of tea I'll be honest, I'm not that big in to the Real-time tactics (RTT) genre. It's the same with RTS generally. As expected, I'm still a little torn on the gameplay after a couple of hours with it. Yet to get hooked but I wish that I was because everything else about the game has totally won me over. I think fans of these style of games and Westerns would have an absolute blast with this. It's very clearly so well made. I'll keep giving it a shot, maybe I'll come around to playing it more when I get even more familar with the mechanics.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
capsule_616x353.jpg

Next game was Lost Words: Beyond The Pages. This has been such a pleasant surprise. It's a simplistic platformer with a lot of the game taking place between the journal pages of the main character. Loving this art style, I've not really played anything like this before. You also sometimes get transported to a fantasty world that she's created. The music is so pretty, it feels like it was ripped straight from a Pixar movie. So many moving pieces of music. The game has already hit me in the feels with the story being told through the narration and voice acting is really good. I forsee this one making me tear up.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
header.jpg

My PS Plus is about nearing to expire again this month, so this will be my last update for a while as I take another break from it. I got Call of the Sea as the latest game. I'm quite enjoying it. It has crafted a very nice world and the visuals are really crisp and pretty to look at. I really enjoy the 1930's setting in particular. The game feels like a blend between The Witness and Firewatch. It seems be quite puzzle focused which is not normally a genre I'm keen on. This just has a flow and vibe I'm liking, so that's always a great sign when I'm enjoying a genre which I typically don't tend to.