For years....I've never been more satisfied about the WWE!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
That was used to put Ryback over after losing to Cena.

A backstage segment would have sufficed, no need to see him pick up Khali to make him look like a plausible strong man, when we've seen him prove it numerous times already.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
A backstage segment would have sufficed, no need to see him pick up Khali to make him look like a plausible strong man, when we've seen him prove it numerous times already.

But the backstage segment would have only been a few minutes shorter than the match so why not put him over

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
But the backstage segment would have only been a few minutes shorter than the match so why not put him over

Oh yeah, because beating Khali totally puts a guy over lol.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Sheamus/Christian vs Rhodes Scholars was pointless. (shocking, sheamus being in something pointless.)

Agree with everything in the OP man. New talents, fresh uses for old talents, not only are we getting storylines but they're good... There's a lot to love in WWE right now.
Just really worried when the show starts to be terrible again.

Oh yeah, because beating Khali totally puts a guy over lol.

The Shellshock on Khali was impressive tbh

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Sheamus/Christian vs Rhodes Scholars was pointless. (shocking, sheamus being in something pointless.)

Agree with everything in the OP man. New talents, fresh uses for old talents, not only are we getting storylines but they're good... There's a lot to love in WWE right now.
Just really worried when the show starts to be terrible again.

The Shellshock on Khali was impressive tbh

And I agree, it was impressive, but when people say that beating Khali puts a guy over in this day and age, they're wrong.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
And I agree, it was impressive, but when people say that beating Khali puts a guy over in this day and age, they're wrong.

It was the shellshock that put Ryback over and made him look strong after losing twice to Cena.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I prefer 3 hours, Its bad when I watch it live but more TV means longer matches.

Urm, how often do we get said matches? You can have a long fantastic match on a 2 hours how; WWE history is proof of that. Three hours makes no difference to match quality and length, it simply means more filler segments and more advertisements.

Reactions: THG?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

It put him over enough to remind you that he can beat somebody, that was nice.
It'll be ultimately forgotten and doesn't put him back in title contention, but it certainly didn't hurt halting his downward momentum.

Don't disagree with you though :)

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Urm, how often do we get said matches? You can have a long fantastic match on a 2 hours how; WWE history is proof of that. Three hours makes no difference to match quality and length, it simply means more filler segments and more advertisements.

I agree with some of that but a 3 hour Raw is a great idea but when they have Main Event, SUperstars and Smackdown it takes away from it, They should cut it down as th other shows are becoming boring and are filled with recaps

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Vince himself said 90 minutes is the perfect amount for a wrestling show. Three hours is far too much. It's the length of a LONG MOVIE every single Monday, lol.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It put him over enough to remind you that he can beat somebody, that was nice.
It'll be ultimately forgotten and doesn't put him back in title contention, but it certainly didn't hurt halting his downward momentum.

Don't disagree with you though :)

Definitely. But think about this. Ryback hasn't won a PPV match since last years MITB against Hawkins & Reks.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I agree. I was talking to a friend of mine about this earlier. DB getting a huge push, Lesnar being in an useful feud with a fresher Punk, enjoying Curtis Axel, Henry is feuding for the belt, Shield is still around and all, ofc there are a few setbacks (Sheamus, use of Rhodes/Sandow, RVD, etc) but overall I'm enjoying things a lot.