For the people who've watched wrestling for 10 or more years

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jaybsty

Reaction score
Do you think it's Blue when a wrestler looks frustrated when they pin someone and don't get a win with a move they've never got a pinfall with?

eg. Just watched smackdown this week. Taker gets JBL with snake eyes. Hits him with the predictable big boot. Stumbles around off the ropes into a seeded leg drop. Pins. 2 count. Undertaker has a look on his face like his 20 year old dog just died....

Is this predictable? Blue? or am i just gettin old and i've seen this happen too many times? have you ever won a match that way? why are you so frustrated / upset?

I know it builds drama but it just makes it stupid IMO

Jaybsty

Reaction score
can a mod move this to general wrestling discussion...sorry

Soulpower

I've gotten used to it, to be honest. Hell, it might be early in the match and you'll see the wrestlers getting frustrated because a Scoop Slam didn't get him the win.

Yeah, its a little hokey, but since its been done since forever, we can't really complain all that much.

Airfixx

Doesn't bother me....

I think we need more pin attempts - Bugs the fuck out of me when guys don't go for a pin all match until they get a chance to hit their finisher.

I think Jake Roberts put it very well.....

"I'm trying to win my fucking match!!!"

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I personally don't think there should be more pinfalls. If I'm a wrestler and I'm challenging for a title I'm gonna go for a schoolboy, a backslide, a small package, an oklahoma roll, a majistral cradle all within the first minute because I want that title. The object is to win by any means necessary.

Airfixx

^^^"schoolboy, a backslide, a small package, an oklahoma roll, a majistral cradle"

...All pinning (as in pin your opponents shoulders to the mat for 3 seconds) attempts though, are they not?

...or are you just being pedantic for the fun of it? ;o]

The Rated R CMStar

First of, why do you need to have watched 10 years of wrestling to answer that question?

As for the question, it depends on the move itself. For example, you never know when a signature move can win you the match. Whisper in the Wind is not Hardy's finisher, so at first impression when he hits it and doesn't win the match and looks frustated, it's idiotic, but he has won certain matches with Whisper in the Wind, so in a way it makes sense for him to think he could win the match with that move

Moonlight Drive

It annoys me somewhat, but if it's very late in the match it does make sense. After you've been hit with tonnes of moves, a powerslam is going to be a lot harder to kick out of.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
First of, why do you need to have watched 10 years of wrestling to answer that question?

i just thought that people who'd watched it for along time would've noticed it more. I suppose the kids who've watched replays of classic matches on youtube might've noticed it as well

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
It's all about the presentation they have to pull out in front of the crowd. Yes sometimes they do things repeatedly and that shows what kind of professionals they really are. It's annoying to repeat stuff, moves, emotional conditions, lines and so on but thats the part of their jobs, thats the part of their characters and it has to be done no matter if they like it or not.. no matter if it's annoying or not.. they have to make it look good. It's a heel "tradition" if i can say to get frustrated with the referee and JBL does that very well.. it's mainly to focus the crowd on the heel so they can show him some "love".

noumenon

Hey...if Cody can get a pin of Default Finisher #1 (DDT) then anyone deserves to pin anytime they like.

Reaction score
It's called psychology. Any wrestler that has any intention of trying to sell their worked match as real uses this. It's as old as the fixed version of the sport itself and wrestlers who don't put those little nuances into their matches are usually unemployed. Why would you need 10 years of watching wrestling to answer this. I love it and understand it. You shouldn't be mad that you couldn't put away a guy and have to continue fighting? Pfftt...why is this a topic?

Montana

This thread is stupid....why would it matter if someone has been watching 10 years...and why is this thread worthy.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
oh shit i hope you can't get infractions for a thread not being worthy. i've already had enough of those things already...lol