For the people who've watched wrestling for 10 or more years

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Dont worry Smarky.....I only worry about the big stuff.

But to answer your question, sometimes it is a little silly. The thing i hate is the dreaded double pin. Where the guy kicks out the first time, and they pin him again and he kicks out again. I hate that.

Moonlight Drive

I find opening pinning sequences much stupider. You've done zero offensive moves, how are you going to pin the guy? :confused:

JimmyD

Reaction score
I just want to go back to the days when a snapmare was a devastating manouvre.

Personally I do find the futile pin attempts tend to grate after a while, but as it's been said before that's just the way ring psychology has been forever. Having said that in feuds like those between The Rock and Austin every time the former hit the Rock Bottom I knew full well that Austin was going to kick out of it, but I still marked out because it added to the match.

Axis

Dont worry Smarky.....I only worry about the big stuff.

But to answer your question, sometimes it is a little silly. The thing i hate is the dreaded double pin. Where the guy kicks out the first time, and they pin him again and he kicks out again. I hate that.

Are you kidding? I LOVE that. It's one of the best ways to show that there is an actual struggle going into a match. Even if a wrestler kicks out of a move, it takes a lot of energy to do so. William Regal does it a lot, and it's awesome. He'll do a dimple takedown then go for a pinfall, and then several more in a row. If his opponent has any ring-sense, he looks like he's struggling more and more with each kickout, like he's being put underwater over and over again, and each time he comes up for air he looks more and more desperate. It's a great way to tire out the opponent.

MikeRaw

Actually, what annoys me more is when a guy hits someone with like, and FU, and only gets a 2 count, so then he gets up, gives him a weak stomp, pins him again, gets a 2 count, and THEN looks frustrated :rofl:. Like he was surprised that a stomp didn't get him the pin, after a guy already kicked out of a finisher.

Edit: Just saw Montana already said something similar with his "double pin" remark"

But as for your question, it is kinda annoying, not much though. Like others have said, after years of watching wrestling, it's just kinda accepted, and I rarely notice it.