Foley vs Punk rumoured for TLC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- F4WOnline.com reports Wednesday that WWE officials are contemplating a match pitting Mick Foley against CM Punk at next month's TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view event in Brooklyn, New York. Monday's Raw angle with Jerry "The King" Lawler points in that direction, and the idea has been discussed for over a month.
I'd be totally cool with this as it just makes total sense. Not only does Punk need a filler feud for a month, but given The Rock and Foley's past then it's a nice lead into the Punk / Rock feud after Punk gives Foley a massive beatdown at the event.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Really does show how WWE is grasping for some main event feuds though. Think they match will be just fine because of the lack of wrestling that's needed, just give us a couple good bumps, and most of the fans will go home happy.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Who would be taking the bumps though? Not sure I want to see Foley try another match these days. But if it was a relative short match with someone coming out for a save and then that lasting awhile it could be ok as long as Cena isn't the Savior.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Promos will be amazing leading up and as long as Foley can still take a beating I wouldn't mind this happening and as said it will make sense leading into a Punk/Rock match. This match already has build up as well given their interaction so this actually books itself very very well.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I did notice on Raw Foley did look abit slimmer. And as Dale said Foley has history with Rock, plus they have been building this for a while now so it does make sense.

I don't think Foley will be taking those 04 or even 06 bumps but i think he can take a decent amount.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Does nothing for Punk, he's past the point where he needs a rub from an old timer so it isn't really comparable to when Foley made Orton look a star etc.

Pretty bizarre match up to be honest, kind of like Lawler/Miz at last years event.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It truly depends on what match type they go for and so on. As long as Foley isn't getting murdered, I'm good.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
NO.

NO. NO. NO.

Mick, you're just slowly becoming Ric Flair with all the fake retirements and legacy tarnishing matches. You just can't stay away, can you? You retired. MOVE ON, already!

Blujay

Reaction score
If they book this Foley IS going to get murdered. That's just the way the guy does things. He's got some time to get in a decent shape for one big blowoff match with Punk and it adds a legend to Punk's belt. Not to mention it just draws more fire and material into his feud with the Rock.

Undertaker

Reaction score
I would absolutely watch this match as I am a huge Mick Foley mark however, as long as CM Punk doesn't win I will be happy as Foley deserves to have one last match, taking those well renowned bumps and beating the WWE Champion. I don't care what anyone says about Foley beating Punk and it not making any sense because nothing these days in the WWE makes any sense whatsoever! You never know WWE may decide to axe the CM Punk vs The Rock match at the Royal Rumble and instead have Mick Foley vs The Rock for the WWE Championship.

Any match Foley is involved in will have to have a stipulation. TLC match?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah, i'm sure the WWE are creaming themselves at the opportunity to rip the belt away from Punk after a year long build to give the title to Mick Foley of all people, so they can have him face The Rock at the Rumble :lmao :lmao :lmao

Undertaker

Reaction score
Yeah, i'm sure the WWE are creaming themselves at the opportunity to rip the belt away from Punk after a year long build to give the title to Mick Foley of all people, so they can have him face The Rock at the Rumble :lmao :lmao :lmao
Please don't try sarcasm, it isn't your strong point - especially when your grammar isn't correct. Many thanks. :FAIL:

I'm sorry but a year long build for what? If I were Vince McMahon I'd rather have someone who has the ability to draw fans as my WWE Champion and someone who is entertaining. When The Rock wins the WWE Championship I guarantee ratings are going to go through the roof.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm sorry but what does giving the title to Foley in 2012/2013 accomplish?

Killz

Reaction score
Please don't try sarcasm, it isn't your strong point - especially when your grammar isn't correct. Many thanks. :FAIL:

I'm sorry but a year long build for what? If I were Vince McMahon I'd rather have someone who has the ability to draw fans as my WWE Champion and someone who is entertaining. When The Rock wins the WWE Championship I guarantee ratings are going to go through the roof.

1) A year long build...of a brand new main event talent who will be able to sell PPV events alongside Cena because he'll be beyond credible for the next, what, 3/4 years till he hangs them up?

2) "Someone entertaining" is a matter of opinion, which your entitled to have, but you can't have your own facts and claim Punk isn't entertaining to the masses.

3) Yeah the ratings will go through the roof with Rocky off the back of the attitude era and his name but relying on him instead of continuing to build other people would be stupid. Nothing for the future then cause Rocky's not sticking around forever.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Any match Foley is involved in will have to have a stipulation. TLC match?

Ring of barbed wire death, explosions, branding irons, glass and tack pits. Fans would be shocked, horrified, excited and thrilled at the emotional roller coaster ride of watching two men nearly kill each other for 20 minutes.

Oh wait... TV PG. I forgot. We can't have anything dangerous anymore.