• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Foley vs Punk rumoured for TLC

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It is obvious you hate Punk to the core but come the fuck on. Hoping that maybe you're just trying to spark some discussion or something because Foley being WWE champion in 2012 accomplishes nothing. You can bring up ratings bs but it would only a short term fix and would have no long term effect see the 1000th EP of Raw. Still wouldn't make going through a 3 hour Raw any less taxing for people. You're supposed to use the older talent with the younger talent of today not pull a TNA and make a match that would have made sense 13 years ago but not in 2012.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ring of barbed wire death, explosions, branding irons, glass and tack pits. Fans would be shocked, horrified, excited and thrilled at the emotional roller coaster ride of watching two men nearly kill each other for 20 minutes.

Oh wait... TV PG. I forgot. We can't have anything dangerous anymore.

You do know that a simple snapmare is as dangerous as jumping off a ladder right?

Extreme shit was only done by pisspoor workers who fooled so-called smart fans into thinking this was more hardcore.

Anywho, Foley can barely walk to the ring, let alone wrestle a match, and there is a reason why he wasn't in the Survivor Series match to begin with. This story is bullshit imo.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
You do know that a simple snapmare is as dangerous as jumping off a ladder right?

Extreme shit was only done by pisspoor workers who fooled so-called smart fans into thinking this was more hardcore.

Anywho, Foley can barely walk to the ring, let alone wrestle a match, and there is a reason why he wasn't in the Survivor Series match to begin with. This story is bullshit imo.

Hardcore wrestling had it's place...

As for "dangerous," that was a poor choice of grammar, I'll admit it.

Black Sanchez

Reaction score
It is possible this match can happen, but considering the shape Foley is in would it be necessary for him to work?

The only thing I do see from this is Punk using this to help build for The Rock at Royal Rumble. Their promo have been excellent however, but let's face it, we're not going to get any MOTYC performances from Foley anymore.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can see why they would go with this but I don't think they should. I just don't think that someone like Foley should be taking such a huge risk at his age and after all the injuries he has suffered. His work in WWE in the mid 00's was outstanding because he helped make so many stars with his selfless work but I don't think this is the right move.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Surely the chances of it happening depends on if Punk keeps the belt this weekend, if Punk retains I can't see him facing Foley. I am totally against this if Foley got in decent enough shape, but at this point he has nothing to prove and can still be an effective non-wrestling talent. Agree with Cork too that beating a guy like Foley at this point would do nothing for Punk.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Who says it would be for the belt anyway? Doesn't need to be a title match, simply a grudge match. But I don't see it really being a good match. It would be awesome to see Foley wrestle again, but honestly, it would be rough to watch.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Simple question, if you don't want him facing Foley at TLC, who?

ANOTHER match with Cena, Ryback or both together for him to squirm out of? Shit, i'd say a match with Foley will result in a better build up and payoff than what we've seen these past few months with the Ryback / Cena situation.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Jerry Lawler? :p

There is an easy answer, Kofi Kingston. I mentioned it a couple of months back, or whenever he split with Truth, that they could easily start building Kofi up specifically to face Punk at TLC. He is a guy that has been near that level before but can't seem to break through into the mainevent. He is liked by fans and wouldn't be rejected as a challenger to the WWE title. He is also well known for his big highflying spots and has done well in ladder matches in the past so this is the perfect match to have him challenge Punk.

WWE have already started the Kofi push with him going out on his own, taking the title from Miz and actually cutting some serious promos. Now to continue that he needs to survive at Survivor Series tomorrow. Then on RAW when the usual half a dozen wrestlers come out to say that they deserve a title shot he can say that he survived a 10 man match and therefore is a worthy opponent. Cue a few weeks of WWE videos showing him as the underdog, showing highlights of his big spots and backstage interviewers of Kofi saying that his dream is to win the title.

TLC is a B PPV so it doesn't need a big name facing Punk. This is the time to take a chance on Kofi and it is the perfect set of circumstances to give Kofi that shot. Obviously he would lose but it would be a good stopgap feud and would help elevate Kofi in my opinion.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Who says it would be for the belt anyway? Doesn't need to be a title match, simply a grudge match. But I don't see it really being a good match. It would be awesome to see Foley wrestle again, but honestly, it would be rough to watch.

I know but then if it was non-title then the belt would be taking a back seat and realistically this is not a big enough match or ppv to have the champ involved in a special one off non-title bout.

Actually don't mind Troy's idea for Kingston to get the shot at TLC. He is fairly strongly over with the crowd, has a solid history as a midcarder and it would be fresh at least as the main event goes.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why does anyone assume that Cena or Ryback don't get Punk at TLC? Just because some guys from a developmental show attacked one of them, doesn't mean everything is done between them and Punk.

Why would Foley be anykind of candidate here? The guy could barely do his Socko move at SS, who the hell in their right mind would boom a match with him in there, especally since you just brought back a guy who almost died after having a match. That would be stupid.

And why doesn't anyone think WWE couldn't just throw Orton in there? Not like the guy isn't over as fuck enough to make it look like he would beat Punk, and he doesn't really have anything else, besides another feud with Del Rio or Barrett.

And why not Miz? A month feud isn't exactly a bad thing for both parties as Punk is safe to face Rock and Miz is elevated to title contention again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Why does anyone assume that Cena or Ryback don't get Punk at TLC? Just because some guys from a developmental show attacked one of them, doesn't mean everything is done between them and Punk.

Why would Foley be anykind of candidate here? The guy could barely do his Socko move at SS, who the hell in their right mind would boom a match with him in there, especally since you just brought back a guy who almost died after having a match. That would be stupid.

And why doesn't anyone think WWE couldn't just throw Orton in there? Not like the guy isn't over as fuck enough to make it look like he would beat Punk, and he doesn't really have anything else, besides another feud with Del Rio or Barrett.

And why not Miz? A month feud isn't exactly a bad thing for both parties as Punk is safe to face Rock and Miz is elevated to title contention again.

Isn't Orton pretty much a SD guy through? I know they don't really bother with the brand thing now, but as far the titles go they do tend to stick pretty consisitantly to it.

As for Ryback or Cena? Ryback could be next, but then I got the impression that WWE might be saving him for the big push in mania season, Cena has been done to death. The smart money might be on another triple threat.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Isn't Orton pretty much a SD guy through? I know they don't really bother with the brand thing now, but as far the titles go they do tend to stick pretty consisitantly to it.

As for Ryback or Cena? Ryback could be next, but then I got the impression that WWE might be saving him for the big push in mania season, Cena has been done to death. The smart money might be on another triple threat.

They had Bryan go from challenging Sheamus for the WHC to Punk for the WWE title in a month's time. If you remember, Orton actually looked to be the one to face Punk until Bryan won the Beat the Clock Challenge, so I can easily see them bumping Orton up to the WWE title match.