Finn Balor Injured At SummerSlam

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
WWE has confirmed it on their website
Finn Bálor injured at SummerSlam

Also I find it ironic that they ban the curb stomp but the buckle bomb has injured 2 people now

Oh, man. Bummer.

I was hoping this would end up being a BS report, but damn... It's legit and it sucks! Talk about a shit luck. Hoping he isn't out for long. Get well soon, Finn!

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Banning the curb stomp isn't due to it being a dangerous move (its actually very safe), it was because its ridiculously easy for kids to recreate, and in a much less safe manner.

Which is an even dumber reason. Cuz if a kid took a pedigree it'd be sooo much safer

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
JBL Screw It.gif

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

If Stephanie starts calling Balor a B+ player I'm going to scream.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Which is an even dumber reason. Cuz if a kid took a pedigree it'd be sooo much safer
Well it's not even about how dangerous it is, stomping on a kids head is a lot easier to do than setting up a pedigree. Plus I'm pretty sure stomping a kids face onto concrete is much worse than a pedigree.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Well it's not even about how dangerous it is, stomping on a kids head is a lot easier to do than setting up a pedigree. Plus I'm pretty sure stomping a kids face onto concrete is much worse than a pedigree.

A pedigree could be just as fatal when done by some stupid kids who have no idea how the move should be performed. You hold the person arms back and jumping in the air and basically sitting on their head lol

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Let us not forget history tells us when WWE puts top tier guys we want as stars up front and they get injured they lose faith in them because they seem "injury prone", which is BS, but happens

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
Let us not forget history tells us when WWE puts top tier guys we want as stars up front and they get injured they lose faith in them because they seem "injury prone", which is BS, but happens
Yet Edge was given titles all the time despite being made of balsa wood.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Injuries happen but wow.... What a terrible time. Hopefully they'll get rid of that terrible design by the time he gets back though.

Biggest win of his life and he gets hurt.

Schmitlab

Jobber
Reaction score
As soon as he hit that barricade i was like, bet he just got injured. I could tell just by the way his shoulder hit the barricade. Surprise surprise i was right. Really sucks because i'm a big fan of Finn and i was super happy when he won. Hopefully it's not as serious as they think it is and he's back in action sooner rather then later.

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
And I just got the notice that Finn's given up the title. Goddammit.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I saw Daniel Bryan said something interesting this week. He said that guys like Finn Balor, Somoa Joe, Nakamura, and others are wasting too much time over in NXT. They have to learn the WWE wrestling style but these guys are already veterans so spending almost 2 years in NXT is a huge waste of time in my opinoin. The only logical reason is because Triple H wants to keep them there for the star power so he can build the brand. But when it comes down to it they are taking more bumps and by the time the get to WWE they are more likely to get injured and so the developmental aspect of NXT for the older veterans just does the opposite

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I saw Daniel Bryan said something interesting this week. He said that guys like Finn Balor, Somoa Joe, Nakamura, and others are wasting too much time over in NXT. They have to learn the WWE wrestling style but these guys are already veterans so spending almost 2 years in NXT is a huge waste of time in my opinoin. The only logical reason is because Triple H wants to keep them there for the star power so he can build the brand. But when it comes down to it they are taking more bumps and by the time the get to WWE they are more likely to get injured and so the developmental aspect of NXT for the older veterans just does the opposite
Finn is the first NXT call-up to get injured (except Zayn, but does that really count). It was a freak accident. Working the NXT schedule is likely easier than working an indie schedule and is definitely easier than a full-time WWE Schedule.

Those are just a couple things that pretty much prove that way of thinking obsolete. NXT is nothing but beneficial.