Favourite Marvel character?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Generally speaking, I'm more of a DC gal than Marvel, but I do love my share of Marvel characters. Storm and Wolverine are favorites since childhood, along with the whole Fantastic Four team, since I always read their comics in my childhood. Deadpool never fails to make me laugh, so he's a current favorite based off entertainment value, and I'm also a fan of Thor. I still have to read the Marvel Now! series of Thor; gotta' get the God Butcher volume since I typically get volumes these days rather than single issues.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Just curious. I'm a HUGE Marvel mark. Comics in general really.

Mine has really always been Cable, but his good buddy Deadpool is a close second.

Cable's character > Deadpool's, BUT Deadpool's entertainment value > Cables IMO

Wolverine is always my #1. I would go for either Cap or Iron Man for #2. I like the classics.

Cable's a boss though for sure.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Shit I missed some replys.

Marvel>DC sorry. Not that DC doesn't have some good characters. I mean Batman is pretty god damn cool and Superman vs. Doomsday was one of my first big comic book events as a child. But hell just the X-Men franchise alone is > DC as a whole IMO.

Wolverine Wolverine Wolverine sheesh lol. Can't blame you though. There's a reason he's the #1 Marvel character.

Crayo or other admin -Wondering if I could get a poll added to this with all existing "nominees" and maybe a write in option? That would be awesome guys

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Shit I missed some replys.

Marvel>DC sorry. Not that DC doesn't have some good characters. I mean Batman is pretty god damn cool and Superman vs. Doomsday was one of my first big comic book events as a child. But hell just the X-Men franchise alone is > DC as a whole IMO.

Wolverine Wolverine Wolverine sheesh lol. Can't blame you though. There's a reason he's the #1 Marvel character.

Crayo or other admin -Wondering if I could get a poll added to this with all existing "nominees" and maybe a write in option? That would be awesome guys

Definitely can agree to an extent. Just these days I'm reading more DC (Batman, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, etc.) -- and enjoying the DC Villains' Month this month -- and Image, IDW, etc. than I am Marvel. But on the whole, excluding what makes up the majority of current reads, I love plenty of the Marvel characters. Got my oldest nephew a book that was basically an encyclopedia of all the Avengers' characters alone, and he has absolutely loved it and been working on memorizing a lot of it. :haha: He always wants to quiz us on the characters now. So I definitely enjoy my share of them, as well.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Since you mentioned him and DC, and I know I've mentioned it previously, but I would like to add that even the Rogue-Gambit love story is > Superman-Lois Lane one. But I will say that Sman-LL > Cyclops-Jean Grey. Of course maybe that's because I never liked Cyclops.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Definitely can agree to an extent. Just these days I'm reading more DC (Batman, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, etc.) -- and enjoying the DC Villains' Month this month -- and Image, IDW, etc. than I am Marvel. But on the whole, excluding what makes up the majority of current reads, I love plenty of the Marvel characters. Got my oldest nephew a book that was basically an encyclopedia of all the Avengers' characters alone, and he has absolutely loved it and been working on memorizing a lot of it. :haha: He always wants to quiz us on the characters now. So I definitely enjoy my share of them, as well.

I heard about the New 52 or whatever that DC is currently doing but I haven't read any of them. Kudos to them for trying to keep it fresh though

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I heard about the New 52 or whatever that DC is currently doing but I haven't read any of them. Kudos to them for trying to keep it fresh though

Yeah, that's really what drew me back into DC. Was intrigued with them doing a relaunch of all their titles under the New 52 format, so had to check them out.
Also, 100% agree about the Rouge and Gambit love story being so much better. But then again I'm not exactly Superman's biggest fan anyway, haha.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
I prefer DC over Marvel anyday. DC has much darker characters and more interesting super villains. Batman, Superman over any Marvel character anyday.

However if i had to choose from marvel i would say Thor, Wolverine and X Men. Hulk is good too, but hes just too strong for me to like his stories.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I prefer DC over Marvel anyday. DC has much darker characters and more interesting super villains. Batman, Superman over any Marvel character anyday.

However if i had to choose from marvel i would say Thor, Wolverine and X Men. Hulk is good too, but hes just too strong for me to like his stories.

No way. I mean they are both epic characters, but Marvel has such a deeper well to pull from. And more interesting super villains!? My favorite villain of all time is Apocalypse. He just won't go away, lol. Joker is a masterful character, but he is all just chaos, chaos, chaos to kill the bat. I like when the villain has a bigger broader scheme. I really liked the Sinsiter/Summers storyline that went on for ever, for example.

Nah, I can't agree with you there man.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
No way. I mean they are both epic characters, but Marvel has such a deeper well to pull from. And more interesting super villains!? My favorite villain of all time is Apocalypse. He just won't go away, lol. Joker is a masterful character, but he is all just chaos, chaos, chaos to kill the bat. I like when the villain has a bigger broader scheme. I really liked the Sinsiter/Summers storyline that went on for ever, for example.

Nah, I can't agree with you there man.

I agree marvel has a deeper wall to choose from, i love DC mostly just because of Batman and Superman, i dont really prefer other DC characters like Green Lantern or others. I like Batman Superman because of the side storyline of them having a human side, besides most of the time they arent just superhero movies about defeating the bad guys, there are lots of dramas involved as well.

From Marvel i really love Thor.