Favorite gimmick PPV?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Reaction score
Out of all the gimmick PPVs WWE came up with over the past year, which one is your favorite? I'd have to say Bragging Rights, although the idea may be a little played out, I still think its smart to run a RAW vs Smackdown! themed event every year to take advantage of the brand extension. For this to work even better however, they should try and actually make the extension mean something, meaning completely stop all cross branded bullshit until this PPV, and stuff like that.

So, what has been your favorite gimmicked PPV so far?

maty619

Reaction score
Royal Rumble, that is a gimmick PPV, but seriously it's gotta be TLC for me, the only one that provided a bit of difference throughout the PPV with the Chair Match, which could have actually been made a decent gimmick match, perhaps having to incopasitate (I realise that spelling is awful but fuck it) your opponent until you are able to sit on the chair for five seconds or summit like that. The Ladder match, well that is a traditional match. The Table Match, shame 3D isn't around anymore. And the finale of the TLC. I liked that concept.

WAZZio

Reaction score
I'm gonna also go with Bragging Rights, i love SD vs Raw team stuff, its like good ol high school rivalrys lol
I love Fatal Four Ways but i have a feeling this ppv is gonna be kinda fucked up...

maty619

Reaction score
I think last year Bragging Rights was just one big fuck up, hope this year's is better (by that I mean the BR match not the PPV in its intirity because that Cena/Orton match was awesome).

WAZZio

Reaction score
I think last year Bragging Rights was just one big fuck up, hope this year's is better (by that I mean the BR match not the PPV in its intirity because that Cena/Orton match was awesome).

Yeah, hopefully this year theres no team members turning on each other... but i did enjoy Jericho carrying around that trophy for a bit hahaha

...god...

Reaction score
the Chair Match, which could have actually been made a decent gimmick match, perhaps having to incopasitate (I realise that spelling is awful but fuck it) your opponent until you are able to sit on the chair for five seconds or summit like that.
You should book for TNA.

Reaction score
I've always liked the traditional Survivor Series format. As for more recent gimmick PPVs, it seems like interesting things always happen in the Elimination Chamber.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Royal Ruymble...

If that doesn't count for some then. One Night Stand (whilst it was still that) or Night Of Champions.

Otherwise, regardless of individual match quality, they suck.

hbkfan

Reaction score
i think for the most part all the new ppv's sucked they should have just stayed with what worked. but on the other hand i know sometimes thing get stale and you have to try new things so i give them credit for that. the only new gimmick ppv i enjoyed was the tlc ppv.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Bragging Rights was a huge let down. A brand warfare match should be something big. But when you have guys jumping back and forth randomly between shows, it means nothing. Add to the fact that the only started hyping the actual concept of the ppv 2 weeks before it. Plus SS is right after Bragging Rights. More multi-man matches. Not only that, but some of the SS matches are SD vs Raw matches.

h the Chair Match, which could have actually been made a decent gimmick match, perhaps having to incopasitate (I realise that spelling is awful but fuck it) your opponent until you are able to sit on the chair for five seconds or summit like that.

You should book for TNA.

:lmao

Reaction score
TLC stands for what the WWE is missing,

Tradition
Long matches
Convincing Concept

But I do like TLC, instead of a chair match have a hardcore match, oh sorry cant have blood can we. Now how will the gimmick ppv's work?

soulreaper545

Reaction score
I went to Bragging Rights and the best match was the ECW title match between Christian and Burchil (dark match BTW) honestly the themed PPV's should have been debuted once this PG bullshit was over.

hbkfan

Reaction score
the royal rumble has always been my favorite gimmick ppv love the whole concept and has made for some very memorible moments.

Airfixx

Reaction score
the themed PPV's should have been debuted once this PG bullshit was over.

The gimmick PPVs are PART of the PG-movement.... Easier to market a PPV to kids off the back of the gimmicks than it is to build compelling fueds that make peeps wanna buy/tune in.

PG is going nowhere in a hurry.