Favorite ever sporting event?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Says it all in the title really, what was the best sporting event you've ever seen live? It could be for a number of reason like the crowd were excellent, the event itself was a lot of fun.

Something you know you will remember for the rest of your life and look back on it fondly.

This is mine...

Now this is my favorite for a number of reasons, firstly, the crowd were incredible, something I miss very much about Boro's glory days, they kept going all night even when we looked all but out.

Secondly, it sent us right into the UEFA Cup final, somewhere we'd only dreamed of reaching, at the start of the tournament I didn't think we had a chance of getting there.

Also a number of Boro heroes were created that game, Stewart Downing, Massimo Maccarone, Mark Viduka. The players really stepped up their game and fought on strong despite needing to score 4 goals.

Finally, in my honest opinion, it is the greatest comeback ever, maybe that is biased as it's Boro but that is my opinion. To comeback like that not only once, but twice just makes it incredible, something I never have seen before and I will probably never seen done again by Boro players, it was a new start for us, we had a bright future, we could take our place as one of the top half teams in the Prem was great. Obviously it didn't turn out that way but that was the feeling around Middlesbrough, for once people felt like things were on the up at The Riverside, and it was brilliant.

Well there is mine so what is your favorite ever sporting event.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Right now I loved Ferrer/Nadal match, it's the latest one I've watched and in my opinion it's perfect :yay:

The match was today so I don't believe I can find it online

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
you pinched mine so ill go for the carling cup final first trophy in 128 years also smashing man utd 4-1

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm surrounded by Michigan fans in a hostile environment wearing nothing but RED. My favorite player that year Kurt Coleman, comes outta NOWHERE and rips down a one handed one foot in bounds interception -Everyone is screaming "no fuckin' way" while I'm pointing my hand in the other direction of the field screaming KURT FUCKING COLEMAN don't need a review that MFer is going the other way!

Followed closely by Chikara 'We Must Eat Michigan's Brain' which is where I got to meet DBRYAN :yes:
Who gave anyone in the crowd that wanted one a free picture and a autograph (signed Bryan Danielson) I got mine put on his "Violent" t shirt that Danielson wants oh so badly.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Wow. I would have to ponder this question for days to give you a legitimate answer.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'm surrounded by Michigan fans in a hostile environment wearing nothing but RED. My favorite player that year Kurt Coleman, comes outta NOWHERE and rips down a one handed one foot in bounds interception -Everyone is screaming "no fuckin' way" while I'm pointing my hand in the other direction of the field screaming KURT FUCKING COLEMAN don't need a review that MFer is going the other way!

Followed closely by Chikara 'We Must Eat Michigan's Brain' which is where I got to meet DBRYAN :yes:
Who gave anyone in the crowd that wanted one a free picture and a autograph (signed Bryan Danielson) I got mine put on his "Violent" t shirt that Danielson wants oh so badly.
Yeah, bring it over and let me buy it off you damn it.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Any football world cup. I always get cyked for the world cup. Also Sweden's last match on our old national arena vs Brazil was a great moment for football history in Sweden.

Also Sweden vs England in the first match at our new national arena. Zlatan was on fire that night and the bicycle kick goal was amazeballs.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Saints vs Colts at the Superbowl. That's all.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Another one would be England's 5-1 win over Germany. I'm half Spanish as well so watching Spain dominate the international scene has been pretty awesome too. Murray winning the Australian open was fucking epic too.

mh0707

The Artiste
Reaction score
Disagree. That was more of an AC flop than an epic comeback imo.

I would consider the final 99 as Bayern flop as well, but it does not take away the fact that United won, the same with Liverpool in 05. Both finals counts as one of the best Champions League finals ever. I'm a Liverpool fan and I obviously think the final in istanbul edges the final 99, but you are a United fan and will say the opposite, but one thing is sure and that is that both finals were great!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
A Bayern flop? Really? Both goals were incredibly late and were scored because of the sheer pressure United were putting on them. It was more of a United will power coming through scenario rather than a Bayern chucked it away scenario.