Fallen Angel 2.0?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

1chiban

Reaction score
He is Hade Vansen

Oh man i forgot that he was under a developmental contract.

Decent wrestler. Saw him once at the Weson Super Mare Winter Gardens on the same card as Paul Burchill just weeks before he was signed up by the WWE.

For those of you in the Uk you'll know that Winter Gardens are tiny seaside arenas :roflmao:

EDIT: For those of you (like me) who didn't see the promo:

[YT]8m-LyhXyZR8[/YT]

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

it sounds like a gimmick that would be pretty liked by WWE Creative for a little bit, but Hade Vansen looks so generic, I don't think he can succeed without a makeover. He looks like every other wrestler on the Developmental wrestler when I think of it.

Not really. A lot of the WWE developmental guys are jacked up guys with tats.

Airfixx said:
I see your point. We'll see. I think a lot would depend on how the gimmick was to unfold.

I figure with all that biblical shit you got a good angle bearing in mind that 'the ol' manual' contains the biggest underdog story of all time
Well with Kizarny meant to be coming soon, and Umaga returning, I think they'd be picked as choices to feud with Taker over Vansen.

It'd be hard to make Taker the underdog when his opponent weighs 100 less lbs than him.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Not really. A lot of the WWE developmental guys are jacked up guys with tats.

http://www.fcwwrestling.com/talent.html

tell me how most of the people on that roster don't have the same "look" as him. They all have the same physique, and the only thing that sets some people apart are the gimmicks. Nothing really sets him apart physically, IMO.

I'll give him a chance, but if I don't like his character or think Kevin Thorn is better, then too bad.

Most of those guys are a fair bit bigger than Vansen. Unless he has buffed up a bit since I last saw him, which I doubt.

Why would a heel be an underdog though? You're not meant to have sympathy for a heel.

What's sympathy or heel/face got to do with anything?

For example, think back to when Noble first started fueding with Palumbo... He was the heel and also the underdog.

That's only because Noble was fucking with McCool. The smaller guy ended up the face in that instance too. >_>

Are we going to get McTaker involved in this too? :shifty:

Airfixx

That's only because Noble was fucking with McCool.

Again, I don't see the relavance to whether or not he was an underdog.

The smaller guy ended up the face in that instance too. >_>

Yes, predominantly because of Palumbo's behaviour, but if anything else was at play it was the fact that the UNDERDOG had repeatedly overcome the odds. Regardless of what peeps thought of Nobles letcherous ways they gained respect for him for overcoming the odds.

Please explain the direct relevance of someone's behaviour/personality on whether or not they are an underdog?

Or tell me....

Cena vs Vicki Guerrerro.... Who's the underdog?

Again, I don't see the relavance to whether or not he was an underdog.

Yes, predominantly because of Palumbo's behaviour, but if anything else was at play it was the fact that the UNDERDOG had repeatedly overcome the odds. Regardless of what peeps thought of Nobles letcherous ways they gained respect for him for overcoming the odds.

Please explain the direct relevance of someone's behaviour/personality on whether or not they are an underdog?

Or tell me....

Cena vs Vicki Guerrerro.... Who's the underdog?

The point was that they had to use an extreme circumstance to create the storyline.

So you're saying that by the heel overcoming the odds and being an underdog, he turned face? Thanks for agreeing with me that the fans want the face to be the underdog.

A face is meant to be an underdog. Do you notice the way matches go? Basically:

Face looks good.
Heel takes over using dirty tactics and control a good portion of the match, causing the fans to grow sympathy for a face and cheer them on.
Hope spot.
Underdog face overcomes the odds and makes his comeback.
Finish.

Cena vs Vickie is a different case because it's a heel with extreme heat. How is Vansen going to get such heat?

Airfixx

The point was that they had to use an extreme circumstance to create the storyline.

So you're saying that by the heel overcoming the odds and being an underdog, he turned face? Thanks for agreeing with me that the fans want the face to be the underdog.

Don't thank me, I wasn't agreeing. ;o]

I said "predominantly because of Palumbo's behaviour".

A face is meant to be an underdog. Do you notice the way matches go? Basically:

Face looks good.
Heel takes over using dirty tactics and control a good portion of the match, causing the fans to grow sympathy for a face and cheer them on.
Hope spot.
Underdog face overcomes the odds and makes his comeback.
Finish.

Forget wrestling for a moment. The notion of an underdog exists outside of that of 'good' or 'bad' guys.

Cena vs Vickie is a different case because it's a heel with extreme heat.

You've yet to explain WHY heel or face comes into it.

How is Vansen going to get such heat?

Well that remains to be seen. Gunning for one of the company's biggest faces (i.e. Taker) is a good start... Even more so if they cheat to win at some point.

Drawing this full circle, you said Vansen couldn't face Taker because his size would make him the underdog (and that as such won't work for a heel)... There's tonnes of ways that a heel can retain their heat without succumbing to coming accross as brave, gutsy etc. (i.e face qualitys).

Hometown Kid

I just wanna say...when in the blue hell has Taker been an underdog in any of his feuds!? I'm pretty sure Kennedy didn't turn face after he feuded with him, nor Edge or anyone else Taker has ever went against. >_>

Vansen wouldn't be the first guy who's smaller than Taker btw...