Exclusive: CM Punk Vs John Laurinaitis In A Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Back on topic, I would have no problem with a one of match and since the Elimination Chamber could always be a number 1 contenders match, doesn't have to be a title match, it could happen there.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Dale he hasn't used it to bury people... Yet. When that happens it becomes a politic thing.
You don't have to be burying people though for it to be a politic thing though..

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Back on topic, I would have no problem with a one of match and since the Elimination Chamber could always be a number 1 contenders match, doesn't have to be a title match, it could happen there.

No way this should be on ppv, i know people love to talk about ratings and buyrates on this site. How meny people you know are gonna say i can't wait to see Laurinaitis/Punk at Elimination Chamber thats why i'm buying this ppv.

Deuce

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a match between these 2 but not at Elimination Chamber, that wouldn't be a very exciting match to have at that event maybe after Wrestlemania but not at Chamber, it's too big of an event for a match like that... not many people will be excited to see it.

Zen

Reaction score
This is a potentially terrible idea. How is it going to look when the authority figure is not only taller, but weighs like 30-40 pounds heavier(and potentially well built). This might be somewhat exposing for Punk -- who already didn't really fit into the land of "well built oiled machines". In any case, not looking forward to this.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Laurinaitis should stay as an Interim GM, no more.

Deuce

Reaction score
This is a potentially terrible idea. How is it going to look when the authority figure is not only taller, but weighs like 30-40 pounds heavier(and potentially well built). This might be somewhat exposing for Punk -- who already didn't really fit into the land of "well built oiled machines". In any case, not looking forward to this.

:lol: Are you serious? Yes, he may be 30-40 pounds bigger but Punk has faced Big Show, look at THAT comparison.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Johnny was a wrestler, a very forgettable one but still a wrestler so the whole size thing shouldn't even really matter. Punk logically in kayfabe and probably in a real fight could beat the shit out of the guy.

But anyways I'm not really for this being match being on PPV if they faced each other. If they were to do it on PPV then Elimination Chamber I guess would be the right place to do it since it probably wouldn't main event the show. Long as they don't get the bright ass idea to do this at mania I think I could bear it on PPV depending on the situation.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
IF they did it at Mania, it's a bad idea. Any time before then, it's perfectly acceptable and it's what to be expected right now in the scheme of things. Johnny hasn't wanted Punk to be the WWE Champion since freakin' July... and since then, the friction has become more and more apparent. On camera, these two hate each other and there isn't a reason they shouldn't have a physical altercation.

For those Punk Marks, who live and die to suck the cock of Phil Brooks... realize this. There's a reason we're sitting at home on the keyboard, and they're out there doing the real thing. They're making money, and no matter how stupid the angle, how much you want to turn it off... you don't. Why? Because they got us all wrapped around their finger. Punk could wrestle a donkey and a broom in the same damn night, and there's nothing you would do different the week after... except bitch and moan about everything under the sun.

Andrew... I do not care for your opinion(s). Ever.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Part of the reason why I'm not that opposed to this match because if done right it can be as big as they want it to be. Johnny is the guy who's fired so many people and on the shit list of many people in reality even if he was just doing his job. Could really put it over the top by having former wrestlers speak on being fired by Johnny and how they wish they could be in Punk's position to beat the shit out of the guy etc, etc.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So they want to do with Punk what they did with Miz last year. Miz faced Lawler at Elimination Chamber in a title match which allowed the RAW Elimination Chamber match to determine the number one contender to the WWE title since a Smackdown wrestler won the RR. Maybe this is hinting towards a Smackdown RR win this year?

Punk vs. Ace would be pretty bad but if they add enough stipulations to it and put it on the Elimination Chamber PPV which will sell simply because of the Chamber matches then it wouldn't be too bad. Add a stipulation where if Punk wins then Ace is fired and fans will buy it. Jericho can be in the Chamber match and can win his title shot therefore setting up Punk vs. Jericho as well at the PPV.