Exclusive: CM Punk Vs John Laurinaitis In A Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WZ has learned that a match between CM Punk vs John Laurinaitis is in the future plans of WWE creative.

After speaking with sources it seems that match is expected to happen sometime in February. Laurinaitis being the special guest referee in Punk's WWE title defense at the Royal Rumble is likely to be a significant point in the conflict between the two that leads to a match.

There are some feel that Laurinaitis role as a heel is going so well in addition to the weekly build of conflict with CM Punk is enough to consider it for a pay-per-view match at Elimination Chamber. However, others think that on the road to WrestleMania, CM Punk should not be working a match on PPV someone who is not a wrestler on the WWE roster.

Whenever the match between the two, some sort of stipulation for the winner and loser has been discussed to increase the importance of the match.

It would be interesting to see these two come down to a match but is it really necessary? CM Punk could have a much more exciting credible feud with another talent instead of this nobody Johnny Ace. I feel no need for it as it just takes a much better, younger talent' opportunity to get TV time.

Lewb

Reaction score
I think it will be needed as he is the one guy everyone wants to see get his ass kicked, so for Jonny Ace to get in the ring with punk would be good. But not at a PPV. Because that tells me Zigglers winning the title.... and I don't want that.... yet. As previously noted in the RVD thread I want to see money in the bank back at mania, and Ziggler becoming mr money in the bank to me would be the best way forward, keeping credibility on the title.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I like Johnny Ace as an Interim GM but seriously coming back to wrestle...

CM was the best thing of 2011 but now, can't believe he'd agree to this.

Aniking

Reaction score
I want to see this match happen, but definitely not at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. As lewb said, that would mean Ziggler would win the title, something that shouldn't happen yet.

This match makes sense and they have been teasing something between the two for a while now. I just want to see Laurianitis get the fucking crap beat out of him, likely to be saved by Jericho or Clay or whoever Punk's about to feud with.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
What it's going to be a one off match that builds towards whoever faces CM Punk for the title at Mania? I have no problem with that even if they threw it on the Elimination Chamber card. I also want to see if Johnny Ace can still do anything in the ring since he spent the majority of his career not wrestling and sucking up.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Segments and all the stuff around that match would be really great but I don´t think that Johny Ace could go on with Punk. I expact to see this Punk/Johny thing end at the Royal Rumble.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I like Johnny Ace as an Interim GM but seriously coming back to wrestle...

CM was the best thing of 2011 but now, can't believe he'd agree to this.

This is not Punk's company, he does what he's told to do. He's the WWE Champion for christs sake. Andrew needs to stop looking at Punk like he's any more than he is... a wrestler employed to a company.

Reactions: 1 person

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
What? Punk is at the point that he can be a political influence but for what ever reason he chooses not to be. However he still voices his opinion like he should be.

I don't get it. It's almost like Punk think it's like giving into drugs.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
What? Punk is at the point that he can be a political influence but for what ever reason he chooses not to be. However he still voices his opinion like he should be.

I don't get it. It's almost like Punk think it's like giving into drugs.

He brought a great program in 2011, that's for sure. But despite all that, it most certainly doesn't mean he now has creative control and can choose whatever it is that he wants to. I'm sure he can offer an opinion, I'm sure he can make suggestions. But at the end of the day, it's Triple H... it's Stephanie... it's Vince... they make the final call. If they want to end the storyline with Laurinaitis in an actual match, then so be it. Punk is the WWE Champion, he's the main commodity on RAW these days... be happy. Not every single feud is going to be a masterpiece with five star match culminations. I'm sick and tired of people thinking that he's now royalty. He's an entertaining wrestler, but he's not in control of anything.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Jay Lesnar said:
But at the end of the day, it's Triple H... it's Stephanie... it's Vince...

There are still superstars that become the higher echelon. Punk can't be taken by those folks anymore. Randy Orton earned this chance too. Trust me WWE will do everything they can to keep Punk at this point.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
It's not like he's going anywhere, you're completely off base here. He's just a superstar doing what he's told. It's not like he's John Cena with 10 Wrestlemania Main Events in a row... he drew publicity, kept his spot... he's THE main event of RAW. If they want him feuding with Johnny for now... he needs to shut the fuck up, nod and smile. Because Wrestlemania time... it'll be Jericho/Punk in the spotlight we all hope.

Eevryone is still stuck on the whole contract feud. It's not like he can rip up his contract and say HEY LETS DRAW UP A NEW ONE I DONT LIKE THIS. No, just don't sweat the small stuff. This... is small stuff.

HomeMalone is right.

Great opinion. I totally liked the part where you gave all those reasons as to why HomeMalone is right, and how his ass feels warm around your lips.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I should be defending Del Rio not Punk.

I don't know why you think that his popularity has gone down since June. He can still get the same reaction. I don't even like discussing overness but Punk made me do it because he is a fuckin' superstar now deal with it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
What? Punk is at the point that he can be a political influence but for what ever reason he chooses not to be.
Not sure how you can say he doesn't use his stroke given the stupid amount of exposure Ryder has been getting due to him, Nattie and his girlfriend at the time Beth getting consistent airtime let alone that he essentially blackmailed the WWE into getting all this main event push he's got now by holding out on his contract.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Dale he hasn't used it to bury people... Yet. When that happens it becomes a politic thing.