EVOLVE Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I liked EVOLVE 50 a lot better than EVOLVE 49. It felt like a better show all around.

The co-main event and the main event delivered, the undercard was fine.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Speculation On WWE - EVOLVE And Matt Riddle

- We've noted how WWE got former UFC fighter Matt Riddle a job with WWN's EVOLVE promotion. Riddle was at the NWA Legends fanfest camp in Charlotte this past August and WWE's Gerald Brisco was telling people there that WWE was planning on signing him.

There's speculation that Riddle's run with EVOLVE could be somewhat of a test for a future WWE run. WWE officials are aware of Riddle getting cut by UFC after failing two pre-fight marijuana tests, plus how he was badmouthed by UFC's Dana White and Bellator's Bjorn Rebney, and they may want to see how he can handle the pressures of pro wrestling before committing to him.

I don't care about the guy and would be perfectly fine with him not coming to WWE, honestly.
WWE has Swagger who is damn good at what he does, but hey, fuck a good talent, let's just job him out.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Andrew Everett hurt his knee again. Damn.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
EVOLVE is going to determine their tag team champions, this January in a 3 day tournament. The tournament spans Evolve 53, 54 and 55.

Source: Newsletter

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
EVOLVE 51 was a great show. Dayumn, Thatcher vs Gargano was awesome! MOTN and MOTYC for sure.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
EVOLVE 52 was a great follow-up to 51. Most of the matches were good/very good, but Gulak/Gargano was great and MOTN.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
As PWMania.com reported, WWE NXT General Manager William Regal will be appearing at the January 23rd EVOLVE event in Orlando, Florida during Royal Rumble weekend. This is part of the working relationship between WWE and EVOLVE’s parent company WWN Live.

WWN issued the following update and announced that NXT’s “American Alpha” Chad Gable and Jason Jordan will also be appearing for a special signing.

In an unprecedented move, William Regal will be at EVOLVE 54 in Orlando, FL on January 23rd. This is the first time someone in Regal’s position will appear on an independent wrestling event. He won’t just watch the card from the locker room. He is coming for a reason and with a purpose. What will happen in front of the live audience with William Regal? Be there and witness it for yourself.

Jason Jordan and Chad Gable are officially coming to their first major independent wrestling show. The graphic says it all:
6f119771-e6dc-410b-9e9b-931e86fef676.png

Source

Awesome.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Had to re-watch Heroes Eventually Die (Chris Hero & Tommy End) vs Zack Sabre Jr & Sami Callihan from EVOLVE 53. Great match.

Reactions: Snowman1

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Watching Sabre vs. Gulak really is like watching two artists crafting a masterpiece.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Evolve 55 was really awesome. Not a skippable match on the show at all, very good action throughout.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Evolve 55 was really awesome. Not a skippable match on the show at all, very good action throughout.

Cool. Really looking forward to watching Galloway & Gargano vs Heroes Eventually Die.