EVOLVE Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
WWN's main promotion here. Easier than to make a single thread for simple news.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
d27g26r8dwt0snxnb.jpg

Evolve 49: Matthew Riddle vs. Jonathan Gresham
Evolve 50: Matthew Riddle vs. Chris Dickinson

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
DGUSA is officially dead so that prefix can be removed.

Evolve 47 was show of the year for them, Evolve 48, not so much. The grapplefuck direction they are heading in is interesting but they are going to have to establish a couple of new guys quick since Gulak and Busick are heading to Orlando. Riddle is a good start if he is as good as they say. And Gresham should have been one of the first brought in when they went grapplefuck.

Also, admin's note: While the discussion thread is a good idea. If anyone feels that they have something related to the subject that is big enough to deserve its own thread, make one. At worst it just gets merged into this one.

Just so we don't stop getting threads as well.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
DGUSA is officially dead so that prefix can be removed.

Evolve 47 was show of the year for them, Evolve 48, not so much. The grapplefuck direction they are heading in is interesting but they are going to have to establish a couple of new guys quick since Gulak and Busick are heading to Orlando. Riddle is a good start if he is as good as they say. And Gresham should have been one of the first brought in when they went grapplefuck.

Also, admin's note: While the discussion thread is a good idea. If anyone feels that they have something related to the subject that is big enough to deserve its own thread, make one. At worst it just gets merged into this one.

Just so we don't stop getting threads as well.
Had no idea they were shut down. Would make more sense if EVOLVE stopped using their domain.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Had no idea they were shut down. Would make more sense if EVOLVE stopped using their domain.
They've been dead for 2 years but it's only been official since earlier this year when the tag belts were retired and the DGUSA belt was retired at 47. It's only a prop in the Gargano/Page feud now.

Dragon Gate stopped having any interest in DGUSA a while back and the tough tour schedule in Japan made it hard to get talent over to the states, which was the point of DGUSA to begin with. It wasn't a poisonous split since Gabe was happy to see it go since it was hard booking a promotion based around Japanese talent without Japanese talent.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I've always liked Thatcher. If he had more of a character, it would be 100x better. But the 'I can wrestle' gimmick is pretty bland, cheesy and old.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Talk about two different type of guys they are making Riddle work. Gresham is perfect since he's a super solid veteran who is going to do everything to make Riddle and himself look as good as possible. But Dickinson on the other hand is by all accounts a massive dickhead with a history of going into business for himself. He'll probably make Riddle look like garbage.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
What a over-generalization right there. Dickinson is not even a Top 10 fuck-up of this decade. Do you honestly think Gabe would book him if that was his notoriety? Dickinson had legit one of the best indie matches this year with none other than Low-Ki, in JAPW. All this "make him look terrible" talk is so childish.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
EVOLVE 50 Match Card - Courtesy WWN Newsletter

EVOLVE Title Match
Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Drew Gulak/Trevor Lee winner at EVOLVE 49

Tag Team Main Event Grudge Match
Roppongi Vice vs. The Premier Athlete Brand

Special Challenge Match #1
Willie Mack vs. Drew Gulak/Trevor Lee loser at EVOLVE 49

Special Challenge Match #2
TJ Perkins vs. Tracy Williams

Special Attraction Match
Matt Riddle vs. Chris Dickinson

If i'm not mistaken this seems to be Willie Mack's debut, but I may be wrong. Haven't looked at the 49 match card. Anyways, I want Thatcher vs. Lee, Gulak vs. Thathcher has had a history of turning me off to the show or putting me to sleep. I'm not to into what they produce, but Trevor Lee on the other hand is a fucking beast. That needs a shot. I look forward to Riddle's match, so I can see what he brings to the ring. Thoughts?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Nice card!

Nah, Mack debuts on the 49 card against Tracy Williams, dude.

Also looking forward to Riddle/Dickinson, 'cause I ain't ever heard of 'em.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I remember the first Evolve show I watched had Thatcher/Gulak as the opener. It was quite good, pure mat wrestling was quite fresh for me at the time. If Gulak challenges it'd be pretty cool, as not only would the match be awesome but there's the story that Tim never beat Drew, so at the I guess "big" 50 show he finally beats his greatest rival.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I remember the first Evolve show I watched had Thatcher/Gulak as the opener. It was quite good, pure mat wrestling was quite fresh for me at the time. If Gulak challenges it'd be pretty cool, as not only would the match be awesome but there's the story that Tim never beat Drew, so at the I guess "big" 50 show he finally beats his greatest rival.
I think it's kind of a new brainer that Tim is gonna win. Gabe built this guy up and pushed him to the moon, and to have him lose (again) to his best competition is pretty lame and counter-productive move.