Eric Bischoff and WWE!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I am talking about when he was in WWE, not now.

Bischoff has a lot of faults, but he was great as GM and WWE chose to embarrass him at every turn and could never get over the fact that he once kicked their arses in the ratings war despite the fact that they won the war overall.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I am talking about when he was in WWE, not now.

Bischoff has a lot of faults, but he was great as GM and WWE chose to embarrass him at every turn and could never get over the fact that he once kicked their arses in the ratings war despite the fact that they won the war overall.

He was a heel, you are supposed to embarrass the bad guys, not make them look all cool like they did in WCW.

And if you can't remind people you beat them, then what can you do? Theres no sportmanship in war. Just ask any American when it comes to WW2 or the Revolutionary War.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But not in the way they did, they did it to the point where he looked like a joke and too weak to be a sinister GM, a good GM still has to be a threat. Also they stepped over the line by bringing personal stuff into it, stuff which should be left off air. Thing is Bischoff got over, but he could have been even hotter if WWE had of let him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bischoff had no problem airing other peoples dirty laundry during his time running wrestling shows, so sorry if I didn't feel sorry for him during his GM run.

He had a job, he was paid to play a character and he did. I don't see where revisionist history has to play in this conversation.

It's funny how you feel sorry for Bischoff when he did the exact same thing to Flair and turned the most emotional retirement speech in wrestling history into a parody the nextweek.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Which speech was that?

But Deezy is also right, it's all about the dollar and winning, kinda nonsense.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah and if he did that to Flair then he was wrong to do it too. Two wrongs don't make a right. Money has nothing to do with this, there are just some places you just don't go.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah and if he did that to Flair then he was wrong to do it too. Two wrongs don't make a right. Money has nothing to do with this, there are just some places you just don't go.

Did you even read his book? The guy explains why nothings off limits and controversy is the big money maker.

I'm not saying it was right, I'm just saying he did the same thing, so I won't feel sorry for him because Vince kept thumbing WCW failures into his eye.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Can't see Bischoff and WWE ever working together again. Once Bischoff is done with his TNA experiment he will focus on his production work. He had a new show featuring Scott Baio picked up recently so he is going to spend less time with TNA in the future so I see his wrestling appearances reducing dramatically. I don't think that WWE would be able to get more out of Bischoff unless they let him run wild as RAW GM again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
So what you are saying Troy is that they held Bischoff back when he was there which is just what I was saying, thank-you!

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The only reason they did that was for ratings I'd imagine. Bischoff was great at getting heat. And what do fans love? Seeing the GM, the guy in power that they hate get embarrassed. People eat that shit up. So I'm not really surprised that WWE did it. From a business standpoint, it was a smart move.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
To be honest I don't think that Bischoff really cared that much either, he was there as an on screen employee and nothing else and he would have earned good money for all the years that he was there.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
To be honest I don't think that Bischoff really cared that much either, he was there as an on screen employee and nothing else and he would have earned good money for all the years that he was there.

He didn't, he took his money and did his jopb with little to no complaints.

Pretty much summed up the entire point I was initially trying to make.

Reactions: 1 person

Jay

Reaction score
Bischoff and WWE working together would be a one off thing.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
He didn't, he took his money and did his jopb with little to no complaints.

Pretty much summed up the entire point I was initially trying to make.

Thats your take on it, I have a different one. He is a human being and they brought his personal life into it. When you see some of the stuff they put him through onscreen I would be amazed if none of it got to him.