Elimination Chamber discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
Uh.. any of Bryan and Ziggler's matches? Morrison/Sheamus, Bryan/Miz for US title, the Bryan/Miz/Morrison match, pretty much any match at TLC, especially the awesome SD 4-way one.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Bryan vs. Miz last monday.

Ziggler vs. Edge at RR

Reaction score
Got to agree with ... on this one Montana. Those Ziggler/Bryan matches were some of the best 1-on-1 matches WWE has had in the past several years in my opinion, outside of Taker/HBK of course.

Montana

Reaction score
It's all an opinion.... according to the observer Danielson didn't even have a 4 star match in 2010 (in the WWE). Those matches you listed didn't exactly peak my interest that much. Sure they were good matches, but guys like Sheamus/Ziggler/Miz/ haven't grown on me enough yet to where there matches mean anything. You can throw Koffi Kingston in that mix too. Good wrestler...but win/loss/draw it really doesn't matter much.

Axis

Reaction score
The Observer also gave fucking Edge vs Jericho four stars, so clearly fuck the Observer.

And Rey got half the equation right. He took great bumps. But then failed to sell them in the remainder of the match. He was fucking torpedoed through the "strongest glass in the world," and then was running around like he was coming in off a hot tag. I'm critical about Morrison a lot, but he at least sold his bumps through the match.

...god...

Reaction score
It's all an opinion.... according to the observer Danielson didn't even have a 4 star match in 2010 (in the WWE). Those matches you listed didn't exactly peak my interest that much. Sure they were good matches, but guys like Sheamus/Ziggler/Miz/ haven't grown on me enough yet to where there matches mean anything. You can throw Koffi Kingston in that mix too. Good wrestler...but win/loss/draw it really doesn't matter much.
Pretty sure the Danielson/Ziggler got 4 stars..

1chiban

Reaction score
The first Daniel-Ziggler match was pretty darn good.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I do think the SD EC line up was good. I didnt see it, but did mcintyre do much in the match?

Montana

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Danielson/Ziggler got 4 stars..

At Bragging Rights? If so, that got 3.5 ....Also Ziggler/Edge only got 3.5 as well. Can't say i agree with these two, but i wouldn't put them up in the 4.25 range either. The WWE really needs to impress the observer to get decent ratings for matches. Plus was MMA, less attention is being put on pro wrestling.

I'd rate pretty much all the Danielson matches about 3.75, except the championship with Miz...and thats in the 3.75-4.0 range. Certainly some of the best one on one singles (no stip) matches in recent memory. Not saying those matches listed were good matches, but i enjoyed this chamber.

Axis

Reaction score
WWE needs to impress the Observer to get high ratings? What about ... I mean ... come on ... fucking ... EDGE VS CHRIS JERICHO AT WRESTLMANIA FUCK FUCK FUCK WHAT THE FUCK.

Montana

Reaction score
what about it? I thought that was rated about right.

I meant seems like original matches from the WWE get high ratings WM 10 ladder match, which was the first big ladder match the company did (not counting the forgotten HBK/Hart) Then the first Hell in a Cell got 5 stars. At first MITB, and the elimination chambers got high ratings; but now they are being held to a standard to bring something new to the table. Thats just how i see it.

Axis

Reaction score
That match would have maybe been an average Smackdown main event.

Edit: Nevermind, the debate is moot. I think we can all agree that the Observer's list of rankings for the past year is horrible :)

...god...

Reaction score
nvm Montana, sorry, misread the Observer shit.

1chiban

Reaction score
I do think the SD EC line up was good. I didnt see it, but did mcintyre do much in the match?

He was pretty aggressive. If he had a bit more stage presence he could be a good psycho heel ala heel Orton. However, I'm not convinced his overall ring ability is any better than Orton's!