Early Rumored Card For WWE's WrestleMania 29 PPV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Austin vs Punk? I'd like to see this match. It will be good feud pretty much based on the idea of Straight Edge guy facing a man like Stone Cold Steve Austin.

When I watched Tough Enough I thought that Steve is in a pretty good shape so why not but if it happens everybody knows who's going to win it. Austin is just too proud to come back for a short time and than let Punk go through him.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
WWE proved they can make the WWE title seem valuable as hell without having to star stack it just to make it seem that way with the Punk/Cena feud which was the most important the WWE title seemed in a long time. Just wasn't at mania.

Your point is valid as to why the match should happen just still would bother me at the end of the day that it would be between 2 guys we know aren't there long term and in reality wouldn't need the title for their match to be a big deal.
The thing though is 35 dates for Brock could make the fans think he will stay. It is similar to when Rock first went Hollywood and came back to take the title, before WWE leaked he was leaving on their site to film another movie

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I doubt aany of the three happening, but that would be the hypest card ever.

Johnny Ace

Reaction score
The way I see it, this is what I am expecting from WrestleMania 29.

WWE Title: The Rock vs John Cena II - John Cena challenges the Rock, but he Rock refuses. Bear in mind Rock is working full time ever since winning the title at the Royal Rumble. There is an Elimination Chamber match for the #1 contendership. Cena wins, and we have a rematch. I see The Rock vs Lesnar taking place at SummerSlam possibly.

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker: Remember over a year ago when Brock and Taker were face to face at an UFC event. I think it will culminate all the way to Mania 29.

Stone Cold vs CM Punk: It won't be a classic, no doubt, but it will be a match that everybody wants to see and have fun with it. I am sure Austin will be able to put on a decent show.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Not interested in that at all.

Rock vs Brock is just an exercise in uselessness. Neither guy is helped by it in anyway, nobody gets over, nobody gets anything from the win. I guess making it for the belt makes the belt look important, but there's no reason in hell Punk should lose the title just to feed the ego of 2 part timers who are leaving after Mania. Of course, that's WWE in 2012, no regard for their future, just plug old talent in the main event for a quick fix until people are completely burnt out on them. The only positive that comes out of it might be that Rock and Lesnar just flat out refuse to use the spinner belt and tell Vince they aren't going through with the match if he doesn't scrap it, which, in that case, I'll support the match, but under no other reason.

Cena vs Taker should've happened next year, but under the pretense that his match with Triple H in HIAC didn't. I have no desire to see Taker go 21-0. It should've happened but he ruined his milestone match, now retire.

As far as Punk vs Austin goes, I'm interested in seeing the feud, I really am. The problem is, Stone Cold is not an important win in 2012, let's just be honest about that. He's not. Regardless of the fact that he's the greatest wrestler of all time, his star power is nowhere near what it used to be. And especially on a card where it's 3'rd on the pecking order behind Rock vs Brock and Cena vs Taker, Punk vs Austin will be useless in elevating Punk. And if Austin goes over just like Rock did, don't even get me started on how damaging that would be.

Last edited:

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
If this was the card I would be tempted to come back and see it but I doubt it I don't want to see John Cena vs Taker unless Cena starts to improve Cena can do a lot better then what he has in the last few months and it seems to me that he has gotten lazy now if thats the case maybe a drop the upper midcard/feuding with some of the midcard would do him some good everyone has done it well the older guys did Christian and Booker T did before going back up to the main event, Kane has done it, even Orton at the moment is doing it just to refresh himself.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Cena vs Taker will happen not based on Cena's in ring skills, but more based on the fact that Cena is one of the only big stars yet to test the streak.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Even so Taker isn't the type who likes people stuffing up in matches a few years back at a house show he and Kane were in a tag match with Chris Masters and somebody else I can't remember and Taker had Masters in an arm lock and Masters wasn't selling it he was just looking dopey and Taker's exact words for all to hear was "Sell the fucking hold" and he ended up stiff shotting masters Masters had a black eye afterwards I'm positive he would be making sure Cena does not fuck up.

Johnny Ace

Reaction score
Isn't it sad that the 'biggest star' in the WWE still has to be carried through a match. I mean The Rock carried his ass throughout there whole match, and what I have seen when I watch some of Cena's previous matches, other wrestlers that were younger than him were calling the spots for the match. I think Cena is just along for the ride and the ride is about to wreck. Hell, if I was in Cena's shoes, I would be doing the same thing, so who can really blame the guy. Blame Vince.

BDC

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with Rock and Brock challenging for the title. Honestly, both of them left just before their prime, and it could mean they could stick around a bit longer. I'm game for it.

Tru. IF one of them works ALL year, say BROCK. Gets the title after going through many opponents..maybe gets the title at Survivor Series or beyond AND the Rock returns at RUMBLE and wins...

And, I don't think Cena is as bad as we make him out to be. Sure, his favorite moves are crap, but I think he's learned to work out there. Wasn't he in the MATCH OF THE YEAR with Punk last year? You don't get that by riding on the talent of ONE superstar.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So because Lesnar and Rock wrestled each other once eight years ago for the WWE Title at SummerSlam they shouldn't wrestle again? Wow I never thought that I would read that because it makes no sense. Going by that logic I hope that Jericho and Punk never wrestle each other again because we saw them wrestle at WM :rolleyes:

I think that all three matches sound really good and they would all deliver. I do kind of want them to save Undertaker vs. Cena for WM30 because it is a milestone event but if they need to do it next year than I will be glad to see it.

Rock vs. Brock will be one of the biggest matches in recent memory. In one corner you have the top star who left to become a successful movie star and then returned. In the other corner you have the top star who left to become a successful MMA fighter and then returned. Both arguably return more popular than ever and it should make for a great spectacle.