E-fed Memory Lane

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Total creative control for every handler can't work because some will want their guy to be super powerful and to show event he slightest bit of vulnerability and weakness would drive them up the wall because they feel that their character is now too weak and isn't where they should be. And in the end it could be the undoing of a lot. It would make feuds difficult as well since most would prefer to be heels over being a face and that creates a very difficult job for bookers to create those nice feuds cause heel vs. heel rarely works. There has to be some give and take with handler having majority control but not complete control.

As far as dynamic storylines... its honestly a rarity to find those unless you are working hand in hand with the handlers as well. Well the ones involved and people can put ego aside. That is when the real good storylines come into play.

But I will say though... not all long TTs are designed to flex e-muscles. It can be done because both participants just enjoy it and it is fun to pit themselves against another that can do it. It is that fun competition and challenge to see who can outdo the other. Some do it to show their e-penis but not all so I still wouldn't just completely discredit long TTs.

But alas the world of a perfect e-fed... nothing but a pipe dream cause overtime... it too will eventually fade away so why not enjoy the feds while they are still around with their flaws?

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Saying ETW was the best execution for a fun fed is possibly the truth tbh. While PWM sucks so much ass you can't really look at ETW history that much, from the stories, I'd imagine it was the best but the way HBK Fan handle some stuff was probably a major issue.

UWF has a strong good vibe and it's hopefully as interactive as ETW but the biggest downer is getting the huge size of ETW, which ETW had.

Pete

Reaction score
I remember us guys were here with the PWA (this was right before that huge server crash) and there was this fed you guys had, and then you guys started bickering with one another, and then you split. The fed that remained had about 4 people. I remember HBK Fan invited me in, so I went over to see what the fed was like, read a couple of whack-ass RPs, and declined. The site (WCF) crashed soon afterwards, making us lose six months of angles, feuds, etc. Can anybody tell me what fed that was?

Vita

Reaction score
This is what we're trying to do with ACW, but nope - we're running into the old "Staff are pushing themselves!" "Why isn't there a measurable rating system?" "Why did I lose to this guy!" bullshit. This was also what was attempted at our old fed, but failed because of an overbearing GM who left no space whatsoever for even mildly creative angles. In fact, most fedheads seem to hate creativity, which leads to the majority of e-fed characters being "generic heel #38654", with no personality and no growth potential. Which is why, in turn, their handlers drop them after two weeks, and e-feds eventually die out from lack of characters.

I don't believe TOTAL creative control by the handlers works (it's somewhat anarchic - there HAS to be someone to push them all in one direction), but allowing them to decide where to take THEIR PEOPLE that THEY CREATED should, in theory, be an ideal course of action. But this petty e-penis comparison bullshit (great analogy BTW) kind of makes that a pipe dream, sadly.

which is why a booker/writer can't be on that show. What everybody seems lost in is the win loss record I had while I was the main writer of warzone. Now I don't have the stats ahead of me but i was something like 14-1-1 pre-writer and ended up 28-25-7 total. So yeah, I was negative as a writer. Sometimes you need to book yourself to lose. Remember that when done right, the loser has just as much to go on as the winner. The loser can be the heel who gets his heelish ways in after the fact (which i did a lot with Chase, and i thought we had a great long feud. ask him what he thought) or he could be the face struggling to win the big one, making him so much more relatable/dynamic.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
E-fed memory lane... holy crap I've been looking all over the net for my title records and I came across the old fed... the old Irish Wrestling Federation... I didn't reach the forums but I did see a couple of links for the roster, classic matches... and holy crap I was in over half of the classics :p

But I do have... what I believe... is my full title history and I'm not sure if I should be impressed or not... cause well I still have to figure out my UCW record... but right now I think I stand at... have to wait for the podcast for that answer :p But I will say it is more than 20 and that's not counting multiple reigns but only counting each title once. And I think I forgot a fed as well.

But mannn that was definitely a trip down memory lane as I can't even remember a couple of those feds.

Pete

Reaction score
which is why a booker/writer can't be on that show. What everybody seems lost in is the win loss record I had while I was the main writer of warzone. Now I don't have the stats ahead of me but i was something like 14-1-1 pre-writer and ended up 28-25-7 total. So yeah, I was negative as a writer. Sometimes you need to book yourself to lose. Remember that when done right, the loser has just as much to go on as the winner. The loser can be the heel who gets his heelish ways in after the fact (which i did a lot with Chase, and i thought we had a great long feud. ask him what he thought) or he could be the face struggling to win the big one, making him so much more relatable/dynamic.

People who know me from my previous fed will attest that I have NO PROBLEM booking myself to lose. The reason Staff is holding most of the titles is that most of the non-Staffers either a. "don't have anything" for their character at the end of the second week with him, b. throw a hissy-fit over something and quit, c. don't have time and quit, d. disappear, or e. write five lines in the last 10 minutes of the deadline and expect to beat a well thought-out, consistent RP. Sorry, not happening.

Those few who don't did and do get pushes over Staff.

BDC

Reaction score
Yep, you have the longest combined reigns out of anyone. at least for the UC.

U sure? Cause Max Knight was a SIX time champion! lol! Not that I really care. Max was always a dominate force.
As for Bonds that Break? Everybody had already run to Wrestlesmarks! There was no need to beat a dead horse! Unless, of course, you wanted a cheap win! lol!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I've been part of a fed where the owner/booker has a character. But he isn't like a active roster but more a guy that knows his way around the ring due to his wrestling history and will come out of the office to compete when need be. I have to say though that during those times... when we would battle it would be something. Its like a huge motivational tool.

To me... staff can be involved with roster members but if it is a TT fed then they should leave the more popular names to others. Like it would be very messed up to see staff take characters like The Rock, Edge, Triple H, Cena, or just all top name main eventers. They are staff because they are supposed to be running things and help things along, not try to stand at the top and dominate. And in doing that they can't be afraid to lose or book themselves to lose for the sake of advancing storylines, feuds, or even advancing another guy on the roster to a higher position. I've been on staff before and that would be one of the things I'd do. But it has to be done right. Because if the other person doesn't show then you pretty much have to give yourself the win otherwise things just don't look right. That's always the sucky part.

In an RP fed well... you create your own wrestlers so you do what you have to with your characters. And I mean of course the goal is never to be at the top and become world champion as a staff member. But instead to build others. I was hoping that while ACW owner there could be a huge feud built so that when the match happens it would only serve to enhance the wrestler and make them an even bigger name. But then it also helps a lot when the staff member is good at doing RPs as well. So that way the feuds just look that much better.

So I don't completely oppose to staff being on the roster as long as they aren't building themselves to be world champion and hog the main event. But sometimes out of necessity it happens. But they have to be willing to step down when the roster starts expanding.

BDC

Reaction score
People who know me from my previous fed will attest that I have NO PROBLEM booking myself to lose. The reason Staff is holding most of the titles is that most of the non-Staffers either a. "don't have anything" for their character at the end of the second week with him, b. throw a hissy-fit over something and quit, c. don't have time and quit, d. disappear, or e. write five lines in the last 10 minutes of the deadline and expect to beat a well thought-out, consistent RP. Sorry, not happening.

Those few who don't did and do get pushes over Staff.

Exactly why I'm glad I stepped out of management. I'm passionate about my rping and, LIKE PETEY SAID, I have no problem with losing. In fact, back on PWA, I was the biggest jobber there. I was also one of the biggest champions there. Here in ACW, we had it set up where there were four of us and we kept each other in check. There was some true neutrality there for the time I was there. Pete's right about the reason that management ended up with titles. If you hang in there and actually rp and keep the same character for more than a month...things happen. Consistency has always been my mantra in efedding.

But, as I said, the management of ACW was dedicated to just judging the rps for the rps sake. Not taking into consideration that it was a member of management or whatnot. The problem comes with perceptions. We beg the non management guys to rp and push them as much as possible. And, even though I'm not in management anymore, I will still work hard to push a Manonthemoon/SYN or anybody that actually seems like they care and want to make it happen. BUT, there is this PERCEPTION that this is not the case, therefore many use that as an excuse why they're not succeeding when, in fact, those that actually stick with a character get the push.

To me, I've proven my point, I won the title fair and square because I'm a damned good rper. But there are other DAMN GOOD RPERS on ACW right now. ANd I look forward to them being champions too.

SLIM...And I mean of course the goal is never to be at the top and become world champion as a staff member. But instead to build others. I was hoping that while ACW owner there could be a huge feud built so that when the match happens it would only serve to enhance the wrestler and make them an even bigger name.

I totally agree with you Slim. But sometimes the tide raises ALL ships. Having management as a champion for a short time (like I've been champion a little more than a month) will push competition. But I see a lot of people instead of rising to the challenge like men...backing off and complaining. See what I'm getting at?

Last edited:

Pete

Reaction score
^Cases in point: Rated R Superstar, ManOnTheMoon (although he was already a main eventer before we came in), Ben and Slim. They stuck it out. They're getting the pushes. Lewb, too, before he decided to take a break. But if you show up with a character and two weeks later say "I'm out of material for him", then sorry bro. Ditto if you're all like "let's save this fed!" and then don't even bother to show up for the next card (being too specific here boys?). Excuuuuuuuse me for managing to keep four/five characters consistent across two feds and two years and being rewarded for it. Clearly an injustice!

..............Gimme a break.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I totally agree with you Slim. But sometimes the tide raises ALL ships. Having management as a champion for a short time (like I've been champion a little more than a month) will push competition. But I see a lot of people instead of rising to the challenge like men...backing off and complaining. See what I'm getting at?

I see where ya coming from and I agree. Sometimes that sorta thing has to happen. But the hope is always that it is only a temporary thing ya know. It's always a hope that you can sit back and just judge, write, and have a lil fun without having to become champion.

And as far as my push goes... eh. I'm just a guy that I find a character and I keep him. I mean for TTs I first signed up as the Rock and I kept him for a lil over 2 years without changing him. Just always finding ways to evolve him to keep him interesting. I mean sometimes its hard enough to find someone keep a character for 4 months, but 2 years? My second character I changed it up a little bit from Mordecai to Pillman and then eventually dropped them but kept Rock with Trish.

in the RP world... my main character Slim... a decade. Phoenix... years. You want to see consistent... you're looking at that guy here. I'm not one to usually just say oh I have nothing so I'm getting rid of them. I evolve them. Eventually I'll tell the story of how Phoenix became Phoenix because originally she wasn't and that is a nice lengthy story in and of itself :p

But that's the thing it takes creativity to keep this sorta thing going and stay consistent and stick with a character for a while. Have to be able to enjoy your character.

BDC

Reaction score
Yeah, it ain't easy. the character has to live and breathe and even speak on it's own. When things happen, your character automatically reacts. There is no COMING UP WITH THINGS. I know, I'm an anomaly in efedding. I'm a writer and I love developing characters. Zack Bronko isn't even my creation, but I like his demeanor and know how he will act most of the time. But he's multi-dimensional. Not a cardboard cutout or a copy of another character. It's what I do. The LWO is just for 'shits and giggles'. They are my fun rp. Bronko is my serious to the heart rp. I just love doing that. If I win a title, I win. If I don't, I don't. Don't give it much thought. Have I jobbed to further storyline or push somebody else..hells yeah. cause I'm not so concerned with Zack Bronko or the LWO...it's the story and the fed. That's it.

Pete

Reaction score
Slim, it could have been me saying that. Except I enjoy the competition. I love being put against a good opponent, and I'm one to challenge the newbies, just like I was challenged when I was a rookie. Week in and week out, this guy would post his RP and I would be forced to chase him and match him. That guy (was on ACW briefly as S_F/Dave Summers) made me the RPer I am today. He made me sweat. He forced me to get better rather than lazily staying at the level I was. I owe him a lot. Plus we had an AWESOME feud (that's another thing - feuds. An efed needs them. ACW has virtually none). Then BDC took me under his wing and challenged me too. Then once I was a semi-veteran, I did the same to another guy, and I was proud when he matched me and then eventually beat me (as I eventually beat my mentors, and I bet they were proud).

Also, much like BDC's characters, my characters call the shots. I've literally had an idea, and the character shot it down and took off in a different direction. Sounds crazy, but that's how it is. At one point, I had eight characters, and the din in my head was virtually unbearable.

So yeah, I get both your points of view, and agree. It wasn't you I was criticizing obviously.

(PS This topic has gone way off-topic, but it's actually interesting to discuss these things. Sure beats slinging years-old mud around.)

Last edited:

BDC

Reaction score
Oh, no. Much love for Slim and his ilk. Believe it. Loved his Zasalamel rps. Dang, I miss that sadistic clown...lol.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Sadistic seems to be my gem. :p

But yeah that was always my thing. Competition is what I like the most. I mean like in one fed... I was given a scrub in my first match there... but within the first month... non title of course but I was put in a match with the world champ. Well either first month or sometime early... but that was a big step up and the feuds that I've had over the years only served to make me better.

And seeing where Millennium/Jay is now... its like dang. I like being a mentor when I can be but most don't like it cause I'm not going to be the easy teacher that is always going to be like... oh you did so good, you did so well, you are going to be a huge mega star in a month. I picked apart, I was brutally honest, I gave advice on things to do, things to try, but it was still their character and so that was the main thing to remember. But I do like that position of grooming someone to be better even if I'm the one that is challenging them which I like to do as well cause its fun making these guys work and force them to either get better or just they can wallow where they are.

Besides I'm nearing the end of my time... always fun seeing where the new generation is and wondering... can I compete with these guys?