• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dumpster Thread

Andy

Reaction score
No, Andy, you had too much UNNECESSARY description. There is such a thing as WELL-DONE description (see: RRS's RPs).

Also, Dredson's dialogue was f-in' A.

Oh? Actually setting the scene and give the reader some insight into previous events is a little too much for you? You know, instead of just saying "some graveyard." I didn't have too much, I just didn't put it throughout the entire thing. I presented exactly what he was wearing and what he looked like, the fans, and the physical setting. Nothing more. A few lines were unnecessary, but it was by no means "too much," unless you're suffering from ADD.

Pete

Reaction score
I don't have ADD either, but my thoughts are reflected in the first paragraph of PY's first post, so read that and pretend I said it to you :alicia:

Andy

Reaction score
I don't have ADD either, but my thoughts are reflected in the first paragraph of PY's first post, so read that and pretend I said it to you :alicia:

And those are your thoughts, exactly. Which is why we should have written criteria, even if we don't have a grading system.

Pete

Reaction score
System or no system, there's no way you'll ever get rid of subjectivity. Simply 'cause the raters are PEOPLE. And people are always at least a little subjective.

When people are rating MY RPs, I know they're being subjective, too. And guess what? I've been losing. And guess what else? You don't see me (or anyone else who's losing) whining about it or making such a big fuss. We accept it, man up, and move on.

Last edited:

Andy

Reaction score
System or no system, there's no way you'll ever get rid of subjectivity. Simply 'cause the raters are PEOPLE. And people are always at least a little subjective.

When people are rating MY RPs, I know they're being subjective, too. And guess what? I've been losing. And guess what else? You don't see me (or anyone else who's losing) whining about it or making such a big fuss. We accept it, man up, and move on.

So do I. I don't care about the actual loss, haha. I just care that it's ALL subjective with the ACW. I know you all have "criteria ," but from what I've seen, you all have different criteria. It would be nice if you could make a topic posting what all three of you favor the most within the roleplays so we know how not to lose.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
But in all seriousness I think you can have an rp that is completely description and still make it work I didn't read Andys just throwing it out their that you can make it work.

BDC

Reaction score
But in all seriousness I think you can have an rp that is completely description and still make it work I didn't read Andys just throwing it out their that you can make it work.

Agreed...but just because you've described the scene perfectly down to the color of his lips and map out every move he makes when he goes to speak into a mic, doesn't mean you've communicated well at all. And you've had perfectly good rps in the past and YET been edged by one better. A person is NEVER going to concede this fact, usually. BUT we feel that ours is best. I hope you do, or it's a waste of time. lol..but yeah.

Andy

Reaction score
Agreed...but just because you've described the scene perfectly down to the color of his lips and map out every move he makes when he goes to speak into a mic, doesn't mean you've communicated well at all. And you've had perfectly good rps in the past and YET been edged by one better. A person is NEVER going to concede this fact, usually. BUT we feel that ours is best. I hope you do, or it's a waste of time. lol..but yeah.

But what if we write a roleplay that doesn't involve speaking? I mean, you don't even have to post roleplays that are relevant to the ACW.

BDC

Reaction score
:rock2: Really? Need I say this again? Your rp was fine, it just didn't surpass Venomous' in ALL our opinions. You tend to go OVERBOARD with description. It's not so much as too much but too much unnecessary facts. It begins to read like a crime scene investigation. I take all of your rps on an individual basis...it didn't beat him. Sorry.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
aight now ... I wanna say this... shut up and lets move on... the match is over, way over... lets leave it behind us and move on.