Drew McIntyre is BORING

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

csg370

Reaction score
His new music is also utterly painful. It's so boring, slow and just LOW in general that you can barely fucking hear it. Doesn't fit what we've seen from his character up until this point. I know it's a nit picky thing to point out, but hey... music does a lot for a wrestler.

lol I agree about that music. It's horrid, it wouldn't hype me up to wrestle at all.

I don't see wth Vince sees in Sheamus and Drew. I mean......wtf?

Sheamus does ECW for a month, goes to RAW, wins the WWE title AND keeps it for a month or two.

csg370

Reaction score
Yeah, but he's a coward. He always rushes the guy from behind with a Big Boot.

csg370

Reaction score
:D I suppose.

IDK, maybe I just don't like him. But it's not 'cause he's heel. I don't give a shit about that.

hmm. Maybe I'm secretly against Irish people..

John

Sheamus does ECW for a month, goes to RAW, wins the WWE title AND keeps it for a month or two.

Even when he was on ECW, I knew Sheamus had some potential and some talent. Maybe his WWE championship reign was too rushed into, But he does deserve to be in the main events/top card.

noumenon

I personally love Sheamus and am really looking forward to his feud with HHH. Anyway, this thread is about how horrible Drew is...back on topic please.

csg370

Reaction score
Even when he was on ECW, I knew Sheamus had some potential and some talent. Maybe his WWE championship reign was too rushed into, But he does deserve to be in the main events/top card.

After some time.

If everyone could just come in and win the title, WWE would be confusing and messed up. Sheamus and Drew had extra backing from HHH and HBK, which probably led them to their title wins.

Yeah, back on topic. Drew's boring.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
He bores the hell out of me. I agree with the original poster definitely.

He doesn't talk, he looks like he has 10 out of 100 personality, and he's supposed to be the almighty undefeated guy? No. Only Goldberg could pull that off. :p

I still think this undefeated thing is just going on until they can find someone for Drew to have a good feud with.

I actually enjoyed Drew when he first debuted. The lack of actual feuds aside from the Jomo one, mediocrity on the mic and this whole loss reversal storyline has really turned me off to the guy. He and Sheamus seemed to be going hand in hand as the two locks for future main eventers. While it's obvious he still has Vince's backing (both kayfabe and non) I think Sheamus is really head and shoulders above this guy in every way. I won't go as far as to say he looks generic, because that's far from the truth, he does have a pretty unique look.
His new music is also utterly painful. It's so boring, slow and just LOW in general that you can barely fucking hear it. Doesn't fit what we've seen from his character up until this point. I know it's a nit picky thing to point out, but hey... music does a lot for a wrestler.

The fact that Sheamus is better I think is why he is being pushed in the main event instead of the mid-card, which is where Drew is. I'm all for giving the new blood a chance, I'd much rather watch them struggle a bit finding their spot then I would seeing the same matches over and over.

lol I agree about that music. It's horrid, it wouldn't hype me up to wrestle at all.

We have been complaining about them not pushing new talent for HOW long, and now that they are, still nobody is happy.

Sheamus at least exudes some personality.

A tiny bit. That is his weak point, I think. He will definitely benefit from Triple H's experience in this area with their feud.

I personally love Sheamus and am really looking forward to his feud with HHH. Anyway, this thread is about how horrible Drew is...back on topic please.

Sorry. But Drew doesn't suck. He is just new.

After some time.

If everyone could just come in and win the title, WWE would be confusing and messed up. Sheamus and Drew had extra backing from HHH and HBK, which probably led them to their title wins.

Yeah, back on topic. Drew's boring.

Why do we talk about people getting help from some of the greatest in the business, as if it's a bad thing? How else do you expect them to improve?

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I do think it's hilarious that about half the reasons people don't like Drew is his music. Seriously? His theme music is turning you off to a wrestler?

That's gotta be the most petty thing I've ever heard a wrestling fan complain about.

And I guess it's no surprise that I actually like the music. It's definitely better than his old stuff, it makes him look like an actual main roster competitor.

Oh and kind of delving into the two separating topics in this thread, the best thing about Sheamus is his theme music.

CenaMark54

He is 2003-2004 Randy Orton minus the pose, the RKO, and Evolution backing him.

Its almost like creative gave him old Orton tapes and told Drew to "act like this"

monkeystyle

Reaction score
He is 2003-2004 Randy Orton minus the pose, the RKO, and Evolution backing him.

Its almost like creative gave him old Orton tapes and told Drew to "act like this"

Except Drew actually seems to have, y'know, talent.

noumenon

It's not because of the music that people don't like him, it's just that the music is simply fueling the boredom. The whole Ortonesque walk to the ring is just really odd as it's a complete departure from the intensity we saw from the guy when he first debuted. I get the fact that they want the guy to seem like he oozes confidence and all, but having him lose twice and throw some old school Christian tantrums isn't doing anything to add to the character.

straight_edge76

Honestly, at first I didn't like Drew either. I still am not a huge fan of his, he isn't bad in the ring imo. But he isn't great either. His "chosen one" gimmick has been done before and usually it bores me but tbh I actually think that he is pulling it off rather well. I also was thinking of early Orton when I first started watching this guy. Other than his feud with JoMo he really hasn't done much of anything except for his feud (if you could call it that) with Kane and now the MitB thing. I honestly am expecting big things out of Drew in the future. He and Sheamus (who I am not really a fan of either) will be two of the next big WWE stars imo.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I am expecting bigger things for guys like McIntyre who haven't really made much of a splash as of yet after WM.

If Edge wins the title I wouldn't be surprised to see Drew be one of the first to engage in a feud with him. He probably won't and shouldn't win it just yet but working with someone like Edge, who has a more forceful personality, should bring out any potential that is there.