Drew McIntyre is BORING

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Why is this guy getting a push? Seriously?

Barely talks.
Has long hair and looks "average".
No gimmick.
Wears black trunks like every other "tom, dick and harry without a gimmick"
Is average in every possible way.

Discuss.

Kizza

His gimmick is that he is basically the Chosen One, hand picked by Vince McMahon. Whether that works or not is a totally different question.

I like his work, but I can see why people think he's boring.

The Rated R CMStar

I think the only thing average is his in ring skills, and even that is arguable. I don't see how someone can be average looking when I look through the WWE roster and I can't find anybody even similar to him.

Reaction score
I dont totally get the 'looks average' thing. I've never been fond of the guy, tbh. He hasn't done anything at all to really stand out from the crowd, except from the 'chosen one' gimmick crap.

However, that said I know this guy can have a long career ahead of him, and I'm sure some things will change, especially when he gets closed to a world title, that will/could make him more fun to watch. Maybe a slightly more interesting gimmick like 'the apex predator' ie Orton.

Until then, I might conitnue to watch his mediocre matches...

iamironman

Reaction score
i tihnk we need to put a contract on his head so i can have tiffany

Reaction score
I say give the dude a chance to continue to grow and develop as a character. I thought HHH and the Rock sucked when they first arrived and looked how they developed. I do think that Drew should have Tiffany as a heel manager/ new Power couple like Triple H & Steph or Edge & Lita

xtremebadass

I think Drew needs to stop walking like Randy before he changes anything else about himself.

Sometimes slow themes are good, but his theme is too damn slow.

He has a cool look though, sort of reminds me of the Seinfeld line "Tall Lanky Doofus."

Ed_cena

Reaction score
He is just horrible, I cant stand him as soon he shows up, I just change the channel no matter what.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I really don't understand the internet lash against McIntyre, it's like Kennedy but in reverse. First of all, he does have an interesting look, like mentioned there's nobody that looks like him, he's the opposite of average. "The Chosen One" is a good gimmick, he's corporate to the core, he's the one 'management' wants at the top. The average Joe in the crowd is supposed to despise him. His promos aren't geared toward this as of now but they'll get there.

McIntyre is suffering from the disease WWE creative puts on everybody, lack of character development. A 3rd grader could build up more proper stars and storylines better than creative in the past few years. McIntyre and almost every storyline in the company is being built to...nothing. Everybody is just kind of there and until McIntyre gets a reason to be the face of McMahon's corporate dream then there's not much he can do.

csg370

Reaction score
He bores the hell out of me. I agree with the original poster definitely.

He doesn't talk, he looks like he has 10 out of 100 personality, and he's supposed to be the almighty undefeated guy? No. Only Goldberg could pull that off. :p

Rated RJC

Reaction score
He bores the hell out of me. I agree with the original poster definitely.

He doesn't talk, he looks like he has 10 out of 100 personality, and he's supposed to be the almighty undefeated guy? No. Only Goldberg could pull that off. :p

Not a reason to hate him because just about every person brought in has that 'gimmick' which I despise.

Sheamus
Umaga
Kurt Angle
Brock Lesnar
Jack Swagger
even Sylvester Terkay

csg370

Reaction score
Not a reason to hate him because just about every person brought in has that 'gimmick' which I despise.

Sheamus
Umaga
Jack Swagger
even Sylvester Terkay

ugggh. :( Unfortunately you're right. Oh, you can add Kozlov to your list.

noumenon

I actually enjoyed Drew when he first debuted. The lack of actual feuds aside from the Jomo one, mediocrity on the mic and this whole loss reversal storyline has really turned me off to the guy. He and Sheamus seemed to be going hand in hand as the two locks for future main eventers. While it's obvious he still has Vince's backing (both kayfabe and non) I think Sheamus is really head and shoulders above this guy in every way. I won't go as far as to say he looks generic, because that's far from the truth, he does have a pretty unique look.
His new music is also utterly painful. It's so boring, slow and just LOW in general that you can barely fucking hear it. Doesn't fit what we've seen from his character up until this point. I know it's a nit picky thing to point out, but hey... music does a lot for a wrestler.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
His gimmick is that he is basically the Chosen One, hand picked by Vince McMahon. Whether that works or not is a totally different question.

I like his work, but I can see why people think he's boring.

Too soon to tell I think. The whole "Chosen One" thing is nothing new, but I think this one can go places if they don't let him win $ITB.

I think the only thing average is his in ring skills, and even that is arguable. I don't see how someone can be average looking when I look through the WWE roster and I can't find anybody even similar to him.

They have given us a very basic look with Drew, hopefully so that as his character emerges his look can change with it.

I dont totally get the 'looks average' thing. I've never been fond of the guy, tbh. He hasn't done anything at all to really stand out from the crowd, except from the 'chosen one' gimmick crap.

However, that said I know this guy can have a long career ahead of him, and I'm sure some things will change, especially when he gets closed to a world title, that will/could make him more fun to watch. Maybe a slightly more interesting gimmick like 'the apex predator' ie Orton.

Until then, I might conitnue to watch his mediocre matches...

I think it is too soon to have given him this chosen one push deal because even though he is doing all the right things (getting Vinces nod ,the wiped slate ,the easy$ITB qualifier) to get heat, he's not connecting with the audience and not experienced enough yet to actually sustain or build up the heat he gets. I mean sure, everyone hates him as long as he is right there acting like a spoiled punk, but he is easily enough forgotten.

The guy is a relative rookie, bro. Don't have such high expectations already.

I think Drew needs to stop walking like Randy before he changes anything else about himself.

Sometimes slow themes are good, but his theme is too damn slow.

He has a cool look though, sort of reminds me of the Seinfeld line "Tall Lanky Doofus."

I'm probably the only one who actually likes his theme. I think it would be a HUGE mistake in having Drew modeled after anyone. He just needs time to get his footing I think.

I really don't understand the internet lash against McIntyre, it's like Kennedy but in reverse. First of all, he does have an interesting look, like mentioned there's nobody that looks like him, he's the opposite of average. "The Chosen One" is a good gimmick, he's corporate to the core, he's the one 'management' wants at the top. The average Joe in the crowd is supposed to despise him. His promos aren't geared toward this as of now but they'll get there.

McIntyre is suffering from the disease WWE creative puts on everybody, lack of character development. A 3rd grader could build up more proper stars and storylines better than creative in the past few years. McIntyre and almost every storyline in the company is being built to...nothing. Everybody is just kind of there and until McIntyre gets a reason to be the face of McMahon's corporate dream then there's not much he can do.

He has all the right things going for him so far, we just need to be patient and allow things to come together. Rushing things with him would be the worst possible decision, and then we;d bitch about it being so rushed. Let's just wait and see what happens.