Dolph Ziggler getting screwed!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JMay187

Reaction score
So what is the problem with WWE getting Dolph Ziggler over?

First off Rey Mysterio was too selfish to pass the torch to Dolph Ziggler and than when he finally did decide to pass the torch he got himself suspended.

Instead of having Dolph Ziggler win the title from Rey they give it to John Morrison. Now I'm sure John Morrison has had his time as champ, but Dolph Ziggler seems to be getting screwed here.

First off he gets replaced as a member of Team Smackdown for the seven on seven tag team match. Than he had the best match of his career and he loses to John Morrison again.

If I was Dolph Ziggler I'd be asking what I was doing wrong.

Thoughts?

xtremebadass

Hasn't Ziggler gotten roughly 6-8 IC title shots between Night of Champions and now? He hasn't won the title once, I cannot see how someone DOESN'T see anything wrong with that.

Kizza

Because they believe Morrison is the future, and not Ziggler.

Shit happens.

noumenon

It's getting to be a bit much now. They work extremely well together and have had some pretty damn good matches. I'm honestly completely and utterly shocked by this one. I thought for sure Ziggler would have been wearing the belt by now.
Apparently no one is completely sour on the guy because they keep putting him in title matches, but at the same time they can't be too high on him. You have to believe that this best of three falls match was almost like a blow off match.
If we see anyone else step up to the plate, such as Drew I'd be scared to see what happens to Ziggler. And the comment they made after the match tonight... "I'm not sure anyone can knock off Morrison at this point."
C'mon guys, you bounce around the World Title like nothing but a mid card title which vital to getting these guys over doesn't change hands within 8 defenses?????
The title should have gone on Ziggler when Rey was injured, not Morrison. Morrison could have then chased Ziggler for the title.

Beer Money Army

Ziggler is still in his early days within WWE. I see I-C or U.S championship gold around his waist in sometime of 2010.

People are just getting High headed of Ziggler as some people are getting with Kofi at the moment.

I like Both, But Ziggler is working his way, That's what happen in employment. Mysterio didn't need to pass the torch to him, Ziggler is still Young, Fresh and has Unlimited Talent, Why rush his build up?

noumenon

Because he's already lost how many matches to Morrison? The feud already looks incredibly one sided and him pinning Morrison cleanly and having any hopes of retaining against him in a feud would seem like a huge stretch at this point.

The Rated R CMStar

Lol, the guy has been in the Ziggler persona (the serious version, not the Raw one), for less than a year and we are alread talking about him getting screwed.

Come on

phantomgerald

There really wasn't any way else to go with this feud. THey should have given him the title earlier on, because now it's way too late.

If he won, they would need to lengthen the feud and give Morrison his rematch. But the feud have already dragged on for too long and we have seen too many 1-on-1 matches between this 2 already. Ziggler doesn't need the title. What I think he needs now is a high-profile tag team, like maybe with CM Punk, and then feuding with him after that. TItles don't mean anything.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
A JMay sighting ladies and gents.

Didn't Punk go through the same thing with Morrison in his ECW days? Title shots after title shots until he finally won it?

btman

Reaction score
My bets on he wins Money In The Bank (Only if Morrison is competing for the WWE or World Heavyweight belt by then of course!)

Otherwise Morrison will shoot to the top, and then Ziggler can have IC gold. But I can foresee him skipping mid-card in the future with the right feud (ie. Not Rey Mysterio).

iamironman

Reaction score
wwe is pusinhg too many young guys and giving the legends the cold shoulder

kingovkings

Reaction score

Hmmmmmm please could you tell me how many young guys they are indeed pushing over the legends ???. Because only young guys i see getting pushed is Miz. And Kofi is getting a run with Orton. But apart from that i really dont see anyone else. And as for the "Legends" in what sense do you mean legends Austin, Hogan, Rock. Or do you Actually mean Guys that are still active IE, Trips, HBK, Cena, Orton, Taker ECT. If it is indeed that later. Then i would say future legend with the exception of HBK coz he is a legend ;). Even so not one of them are getting the cold shoulder they are all Main Eventing and involved in all the big matches and PPVs. In fact IMO it is the other way round they not pushing enough New blood and when they do they dont follow it through. The only constant is the Miz and that's because the guy is diamond on the mic and getting phenomenal heat. Punk, Ziggler, MVP, Swagger all there pushes amounted to jack. So again i dont see your logic as to how you think Young guys are going over the top stars.

PS for what its worth i think Ziggler should have got the strap ages ago. But on the plus side he is young and talented, And got time on his side. Even though i think he should already have the strap i dont think he is been screwed as more of odd booking and a missed oppertunity. But he will get another chance and he will run with it. Future Main Event star IMO.

MizMasta3000

Isnt the opposite happeining right now?

Poor Ziggy Pop. Some say "Morrison should be WHC champ by now" the same people say "Dolph is still young and doesnt deserve the IC title

If Rey wasnt an asshole and gave Zigs the title when he got suspended, Morrison could have had a GOOD feud with Ziggler. Or depending whether he won the title back or not he could be m-eing

Kizza

Wait, isn't the only problem with the feud the fact that Ziggler is losing every match? Wouldn't the whining be the exact same if the roles were reversed, and it was JoMo jobbing to Ziggler?