Does WWE truly need to be saved?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
i dnt think wwe needs saving frm anything smacky improved with the mix of ecw stars and vice versa ecw not doing bad either with help of smacky starts guesting on there and raw is wicked and y2j is back even tho it has been coming for awhile he is the shit and will mix shit up but i wudnt go as far as to say he saving wwe he just freshing it up sum. and it will never ever EVER be the same again :)

darkbob

Reaction score
After witnessing last nights Raw with all the hype and the huge pops Jericho got. It made me wonder does WWE truly need Jericho or any other superstar to save them?
maybe but it wont be jericho doing it or edge they both bout the same boring, i bout fell asleep last monday during the break the code comeback crap, if you couldnt crack it from day 1 you need to be state certified.
:whistlesmile:

wwerko619

Reaction score
WWE defently needed Jericho. Their ratings were low, and they were having troubles with storylines ( or kept screwing them up ). Jericho indeed did save WWE.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Yes it did it makes it less boring with the same people every main event it freshens things up a bit.

jrock210

Reaction score
It's funny how Y2J used to be a "villian" in the WWE and now he is praised like a god. I used to love him making things controversial

EC F'n W

Reaction score
The WWE cannot be saved, no matter how many internet fans complain. It's so downhill right now it's worse then 1995. I don't watch the show anymore so I couldn't really give a crap anyway.

CT Styles

I think WWE needs to be saved but I dont think Y2J can do it, I dont think he will be at Main Event status for long I think he'll be battling out for the IC Title soon. I feel WWE needs another attitude era which I doubt will happen for a long time. Plus Y2J just doesn't look like a WWE Champ hes not big enough and I am aware that Mysterio won the Heavyweight Title but can you really see the WWE Title around Y2J's waist?

EC F'n W

Reaction score
Oh man, size means nothing. Y2J has 10 times the charisma of Orton and Cena and he's already been Undisputed champion once. Y2J isn't very different from Orton phisically so the myth that Y2J is too small is surely BS. And if anything, big men have proven to be the worst champions over recent years.

ice_edged

Reaction score
The WWE cannot be saved, no matter how many internet fans complain. It's so downhill right now it's worse then 1995. I don't watch the show anymore so I couldn't really give a crap anyway.

so why are you here complaining when.. dont come here and complain that it sux if you dont watch it and feel the pain dude :bleh: .. wiat untill it gets better watch the show and come back here adn well talk

anyways back to the topic.... yes wwe needs to be saved but somehow I just feel Y2J isint good draw enough for teh job.. adn its sad .. he has charisma and all but still the crowd doenst give him cheers like hhh cena gets... he jsut needs soem relaly good story line except this orton one to really put him over as baby face

Reinvented

Reaction score
The WWE needs "The Rock" to save them.

Can you picture a full time return of the great one! It will never happen but he is the guy that can lift the WWE!!!

IF YOU SMELL WHAT THIS SPAMMER IS COOKING!!!!

Reaction score
Again, I'm sorry that I can't read the whole thread. Well, yes, WWE does need to be saved. You could make a case that all of pro wrestling needs saving. Too much of the same or not enough of a good thing. Hey, HHH putting over Jeff Hardy is a good start! I want more HHH and John Cena doing the mid-card shuffle. We've seen them in main events. Ditto for the Half-Bald Kid. He's still great. No more beating up the Kennedy's of the world. We still need something fresh though.

stryfe

Reaction score
I think the E has great talent. The problem lies with the writers and Vinny mac. I just finished listening to the shoot interview w/ Ferrara and Russo. What stood out was there comment about Vinny Mac not being to considered w/ talent outside of the Main Event (the guys that draw for the ppv). I think creative has gone too Hollywood and away from pro-wrestling, there needs to be a balance. The old dudes who couldn't evolve from 70's/80's wrestling and see the other aspects of entertainment was what gave us the early 90's crap. Wrestling is cyclical and I think it's headed back to the cartoonish nature of the 80's. What made the 15th Anniversary show great was the nostalgic return to the Attitude era. But those shows are once a year if that. Don't get used to great raws.

EC F'n W

Reaction score
so why are you here complaining when.. dont come here and complain that it sux if you dont watch it and feel the pain dude :bleh: .. wiat untill it gets better watch the show and come back here adn well talk

Um, just cause I don't watch doesn't mean I can't come in here and throw in my two cents. Nothing wrong with coming in here and telling sheep like you that it's hopeless and laughing at you guys for trying to pass off this current crap as entertainment. And don't kid yourself, I know I'm not missing anything so you can carry on holding your burnt flag :thumbsup: WWE sucks

Airfixx

No offence to many of the peeps around here, but I so I 'love' the early 20-somethings that have blatantly grown up on Attitude, the peak of WCW and/or the glory days of ECW whilst what would apparently transpire to have been a mere fad for them has left them bitter yet ignorant to that fact that wrestling either side of that 4 or 5 year spell could ever amount any anything other than being "not as good as [instert fave company/era here]".