Does WWE truly need to be saved?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
After witnessing last nights Raw with all the hype and the huge pops Jericho got. It made me wonder does WWE truly need Jericho or any other superstar to save them?

CenaMark54

I was less than impressed with the pop Jericho got. The crowd was rather lame. They should have waited to debut him in a "wrestling" city not Fort Lauderdale or where ever they were. You would never see HHH making a comback in a city like that.

The WWE doesn't need Jericho. His return will hardly make an impact on ratings. However, its always good to have a solid veteren like Jericho who is capable of adding depth to the main event scene so it isn't just HHH and HBK until Cena returns.

Travis40

Well...I really don't think WWE needed saved because it really wasn't doing that bad. It's better than TNA. But no, we didn't need to be saved by anyone. But the Jericho return was pretty kick-ass. IDC about the crowd's reaction, I wanted to just see Jericho. And the whole thing was pure gold.

NYKings

Reaction score
I agree with CenaMark about the crowd. I mean wtf was that? I told a non wrestling fan who loved Jericho to watch and my exact words were "this is going to get loud" and then I realized they're in Ft. Lauderdale. No disrespect but that was one shitty pop.

I thought Jericho was $$$ last night BUT WWE didn't NEED to be saved. People tune in every week for one reason or the other. I just fast forward all the crap after I DVR it so I can just watch the actual wrestling or major parts. All in all he's no effect on the ratings just another big name to help the company in different areas. Ratings not being one.

Edit: Trav, how can you not care about the crowd reaction. HHH/Cena from WM was awesome, mainly because of the crowd. When a crowd gets into the event you know you've done something right. Some of the crowd last night had the right idea but not all. Check the pop for Flair next week, that's the kind of pop Jericho deserves.

Great One

Yeah, that crowd was a bunch of morons just like the Survivor Series crowd, seriously, WWE just needs to X out these cities on the schedule and give the crowds that are actually into the shows the big events (*cough* Chicago/MSG).

The Rated R CMStar

Survivor Series crowd was really pathetic, I mean, every high impact got a "uhh", but the actual pops of the wrestlers werent good, hell, half of them didnt actually realize that Edge had interfered until it was more than obvious.

To the debut of Jericho, the crowd response was the least of the problems. Cmon, we saw him backstage doing his classic taunt before his debut, his return had been spoiled 2 months ago and 1 week before by WWE, and at the actual show they chose the most obvious moment for his return.

WI Girls Kissing

Reaction score
Saved from what? money still rollig in and ratings remain average. They only one that needs to be saved is me. I'm starting to get brainwashed :(

PeepShow

Survivor Series crowd was really pathetic, I mean, every high impact got a "uhh", but the actual pops of the wrestlers werent good, hell, half of them didnt actually realize that Edge had interfered until it was more than obvious.

To the debut of Jericho, the crowd response was the least of the problems. Cmon, we saw him backstage doing his classic taunt before his debut, his return had been spoiled 2 months ago and 1 week before by WWE, and at the actual show they chose the most obvious moment for his return.

You sound a bit suprised by that. Care to tell me when anything for the past few months in the WWE has been suprising to you?

Exxon

Reaction score
Not really. The ratings will only go up for a few weeks, then return to normal. The days of guaranteed 4 ratings is way over, which I don't think the current product deserves a 4 anyways.

circle

Reaction score
IMO the WWE needs to reinvent themselves. I still like the current product, but if they want to attract more and clear themselves of the drug issue. They need to look at changing the product for the better.

Reinvented

Reaction score
You sound a bit suprised by that. Care to tell me when anything for the past few months in the WWE has been suprising to you?

I can only think of three.

1)HBK when he came back.

2)The MVP and Matt Hardy storyline not being messed up by the WWE.

3)Shelton Benjamin on ECW/SD

jrock210

Reaction score
well for one i was sick of the raw brand being tortured by randy orton who i guess was imitating a serial killer and when jericho came back u kinda felt relieved he was saving us from rko

The Rated R CMStar

1) HBK returning in open TV and without previous announcement.

2) Shelton Benjamin in ECW

3) After the Cutting Edge in this weeks Smackdown, we have another one(not telling it to not spoil it)

Travis40

^Yeah, the Vickie thing should gross me out/make me wanna :jerk:...

j/k

But yeah, I wish Orton would "kick" Jericho in the head and "hurt" him...so we could get a surprise return and make up for Jericho's spoiled return.

tnafan454

Reaction score
really the only thing that needs help in WWE is smackdown they never get any good story lines and they need more face superstars that can wear championship gold beside batista.

the Y2J comeback was really nothing big since almost all of us knew it was gonna be jericho. they should have had maybe a 2 week promo instead of taking so long for the return.