• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Does Miz already look weak as WWE Champion?

Axis

Sheamus is NOT the Swagger of Raw; that's not even close to reality. I can't even do this anymore. People claiming that Sheamus has been booked to be a chump is the most asinine sentiment that has caught traction on the IWC, and this forum in particular. He took out Triple H. It was put over as an upset when he lost to Morrison. He just won King of the Ring. His name is thrown around when talking about potential Wrestlemania main events; nobody in their right mind would even consider Jack Swagger as a potential participant in a 'Mania title match.

I just do not understand the concern here. Is it that people are concerned that Miz will be worse off after this reign than he is now? That's idiotic. Would it be better for the Miz if he was pushed to the moon? Maybe. But then everybody would complain that he's being pushed to the moon. I reject the entire premise of making a thread ONE WEEK INTO A TITLE REIGN questioning if the champion looks weak. I point again to the Sheamus thread, where everybody proved their ignorance by claiming that Sheamus was worse off. It's fun to make believe that we can have Miz decisively beat Orton, Sheamus decisively beat Triple H, Swagger decisively beat Undertaker, Barrett decisively beat Cena, and Del Rio decisively beat Mysterio. But then we have to come back to reality and consider the fact that the main event names I just listed were built up gradually, methodically, and with patience. The exception would be Orton's original big push. And we know how that ended.

Sheamus is the Swagger of Raw until Trips comes back to save him from midcard hell. What you, me or whoever thinks of him or WWE doesn't matter. The reality is he's losing to a nobody like Morrison when if he actually had some cred, he'd be in a real program against either a main eventer like Orton or at least someone on the brink like...well, they have nobody like that. But clean loses to Morrison are the final sign of being irrelevant, just ask CM Punk about that.

Also as far as him beating Trips up: Sheamus attacked Trips 3 times before their match with a weapon and still got took to a 15 minute match, barely winning. During their eventual blowoff the fans will wait for Triple H to beat the hell out of the fraud that pulled a punk move, not some epic showdown match.

As far as Miz goes, if a guy is pretty much losing to a 60 year old announcer "ONE WEEK IN", that nobody can take him seriously FIVE WEEKS IN. Smarks will because they look at having to book everything and are generally jaded about things that actually happen in the kayfabe reality. Using logic, if Miz can't beat Lawler, how in the hell is he a believable face of the company? He can get his "heat back" through his promos which is what some people like to point to. But that's meaningless since it's just because he mostly gets cheap heat by insulting the local crowd and pretty much just wasting TV viewers time.

In the end though, it's better this way, since he will likely never be credible, and I highly doubt this run will go past TLC, and next year around this time Miz will be doing clean jobs to John Morrison and getting flash pinned by Santino, and the majority of IWF will say how much his title run(s?) did for him to make him "One of the top heels on Raw".

Kaedon

I agree Sheamus wasn't booked to look weak, especially not when compared to Swaggot or the Jiz. Guy was running through bitches week after week. Sure, it was Evan Bourne half the time, but a dominant win is a dominant win. That being said....he is the Swaggot of Raw in terms of how underwhelmingly over he is. The guy beat John Cena a few times, the most popular wrestler in the last 10 years, and he's still getting DICK for a response. At least Thwagger has been booked poorly. For the most part, Sheamus has been booked like a heel Ultimate Warrior with a few surprise upsets here and there. His reaction should be strong by now, but the only thing strong about him is the glare you get off his skin .