• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you feel embarrassed to watch wrestling?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Not necessarily being over the age of 12 and still watching it, though, that can also count in your responses, but, rather what I am aiming for here is about the product itself. Does a specific promotion make you feel embarrassed to watch because it's so bad? Does wrestling in general make you feel embarrassed? Or do you just not give a shit?

Question came to mind as there are definitely some things in wrestling that make me cringe and feel ashamed to watch it. Some of the stupid storylines, horrible acting, etc.

Butters

That's Me!
Yes and no. I don't openly tell my friends that I happen to watch it sometimes(casual watcher) but I won't lie and deny that I do.

A lot of my friends watched it when we were younger and quit and another one watches it religiously still so luckily they at least understand the appeal. I hate explaining it to people that just say that, "well it's fake tho"

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Yes and no. I don't openly tell my friends that I happen to watch it sometimes(casual watcher) but I won't lie and deny that I do.

A lot of my friends watched it when we were younger and quit and another one watches it religiously still so luckily they at least understand the appeal. I hate explaining it to people that just say that, "well it's fake tho"

bUt It’S fAkE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Nah. I'm completely open about loving wrestling. And for people who don't know about it or some that just don't care for it, I feel there are certain things you can show them where they'll have to acknowledge and be like "alright, yeah, that was cool". Ultimately though, it's my greatest passion. It would be ridiculous to try and hide it or feel ashamed about it.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Not as all. I’ve loved it my whole life, and I’ve never once tried to hide it. Hell I’ll wear wrestling shirts in public, no fucks given.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Yeah I dont really give a fuck either lmao all my friends know I love it and it's hilarious to see some of the reactions you get on Bumble when they ask what you like to do and you say "read comic books and watch wrestling"

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I'm only embarrassed when fanatics try defend it and come off looking like complete marks.

Yeah well...I also like Rick and Morty, Radiohead, and Star Wars and those fans are a million times worse so I'm used to it :lol

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Nah, I don’t feel embarrassed at all. Most folks that know me know that I like it and some of them like it too, or they used to be watch it at one point.

TeaDrinkingLimey

“Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?”
Not embarrassed but trying to explain to two people at work, one of which watched old 80’s WWF and a bit of the attitude era and the other who knows the names of the late 90’s and 00’s stars, such as Cena and Jericho, what a “Mimosa Mayhem” match is, did make me feel a bit of a moron.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Throwing your opponent into a vat of various liquids has been a staple of wrestling for years though