Do you feel embarrassed to watch wrestling?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Ya a bit, I don't really feel comfortable talking about it with my friends really, and they're usually patronising me when they try lmao. Im not too embarrassed really, but I feel like I have to add a qualifier when talking about it about how I know it's stupid :heston

Would say it's gotten a lot worse in my head since the crowd has gone. Haven't really been able to stomach watching much since covid because watching it with no crowd just made me deathly aware of how fucking stupid it was lmao

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
When I see a clip that involved Joey Ryan or a mass ass eating thing from PWG or what have you. I am embarrassed.

• Haha
Reactions: Lady Redfield

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Always been my stance that my personal character speaks for itself. I'm not accountable for other fans of the same thing, or the outlandishness that exists in the medium, so I don't really care at all about how that shit might reflect on me.

Reactions: Chris

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Back in the day, not at all. Now, I don't really watch that much anymore so can't really say one way or another. I will still go to an Indy Show now and then though.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
In some capacity, yes.

It is not something I would just come out with freely around real life people. It's why I have always relied heavily on internet forums to discuss it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Alot more than I used to

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Hell no. Wrestling TV has been part of my life of all of my life. I love it and I tell people that I watch it. If I was to feel embarrassed to watch something then I wouldn't be watching it at all.

Honky Tonk GOAT

Reaction score
Historically no. Currently yes.

Started watching when the belt was transitioning from Sheik to Hogan. I was upset when Hulk lost the belt, but at least Warrior and Macho Man were worthy champs. When the belt started flip flopping between Hitman and Yoko Zuna, I stopped watching for like 10 years. Neither were “my” champ and neither seemed worthy. I mean c’mon...Hulk would kill Hitman. Warrior would kill that undefined pipsqueak. That’s why he wore that full body 1 piece, the only way to pass off a champ that flabby.

Resumed watching for the Rock. I thought all the guys who had the belt during that era were worthy champs; Stone Cold, Taker, Show, Kurt Angle and Triple H. All believable champs to me. Quit watching again when Jericho got the belt. Not buying it.

I tried watching again a few years ago, but just couldn’t get behind Cena or CM Punk. These guys would never even have been considered during the Hogan or Rock eras.

Been watching now for the past 3 years and haven’t seen a good champ yet. I like Sheamus and the Miz...they are 2 of a handful of current palatable wrestlers, but I don’t like either of them as champ. I guess Randy Orton as champ is ok, but only because he is one of the very few main eventers they have. Can’t do Roman, Drew, Lashley, Brock, Daniel Bryan, Kofi etc. It’s either a big guy with zero personality or an undersized guy with a quarter personality.

If not for the women’s division, I’d probably bail for another 5-10 years.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Not at all. Everyone in my life knows about my wrestling obsession :lol Hell, I'm doing a project on my FB page where I wear all my shirts and take a photo everyday, so they've been bombarded with over 100 photos of wrestling shirts so far in 2021.

If someone asks me what I like to do in my spare time, I tell them I watch wrestling and attend shows and collect merch. If you're embarrassed about a hobby/something you like, that's just sad IMO and maybe it means it's time for you to stop watching :draper2