Dexter Season 8 Discussion Thread (Potential Spinoff)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
S6 was the best of the last 3 IMO, but still nothing groundbreaking. It had an interesting theme with the religion and Dexter thinking about 'what he believed in' but it was anticlimactic towards the second part of the season
I guess it kinda was. Also when he kidnapped his son, that shit was whack. Forgot how Brother Sam died though.
Although I marked for that special appearance from Bynie and they somewhat had an update on Arthur's son.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Bynie lol. I forgot about the Trinity son bit. Brother Sam was a good storyline that they fumbled.. Dexter has sort of been like WWE in that aspect of late. They might have a decent idea but just fuck around and mess it up soon after.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Bynie, Brian Moser, same shit. lol
Season 5 was shit from like the beginning excluding the first few episodes to the end.
Season 7 they fucked up really bad. Like real bad. I can take them making Isaac gay, but when they kill him off and shit in such a pathetic way?
bb6f61c91e82471d2eb2452e649e7ad5.gif

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yea that was pathetic. I remember in the thread on here we had all started to become a little interested in that storyline and then it was over. That was just pathetic

edit: pathetic

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't watch Dexter anymore, but I miss what it used to be. It's been down hill since Rita was killed, IMO. Biggest mistake they made. It took away the most interesting theme on the show, the duality between Dexter the boyfriend/husband and Dexter the serial killer. Now he's not even a serial killer, he's just some vigilante. I've always thought it would've been better if Trinity killed Astor instead. It would've had the same shock value, but it wouldn't have crippled the show at the same time. It would've allowed them to continue the primary theme of the series - the hope that Dexter will one day settle down and become a regular person. He still might, but it'll never be the same without Rita.

Anyway, they don't even make an attempt at realism any more. The first couple seasons were at least reality based, not only with the psychology but with the police investigations too. The later seasons, on the other hand, are just silly over-contrived nonsense. And way too much romance - another reason why they never should've killed Rita. At least if Rita was still around Debra wouldn't have been written into a dumb, over-emotional, semi-incestuous whore. To be honest, I always hoped for an ending where Dexter would be forced to kill Debra in order to protect his secret after Debra investigates him. It would've been so much more poetic, I can't believe they went for this brain-dead romance instead.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I don't watch Dexter anymore, but I miss what it used to be. It's been down hill since Rita was killed, IMO. Biggest mistake they made. It took away the most interesting theme on the show, the duality between Dexter the boyfriend/husband and Dexter the serial killer. Now he's not even a serial killer, he's just some vigilante. I've always thought it would've been better if Trinity killed Astor instead. It would've had the same shock value, but it wouldn't have crippled the show at the same time. It would've allowed them to continue the primary theme of the series - the hope that Dexter will one day settle down and become a regular person. He still might, but it'll never be the same without Rita.

Anyway, they don't even make an attempt at realism any more. The first couple seasons were at least reality based, not only with the psychology but with the police investigations too. The later seasons, on the other hand, are just silly over-contrived nonsense. And way too much romance - another reason why they never should've killed Rita. At least if Rita was still around Debra wouldn't have been written into a dumb, over-emotional, semi-incestuous whore. To be honest, I always hoped for an ending where Dexter would be forced to kill Debra in order to protect his secret after Debra investigates him. It would've been so much more poetic, I can't believe they went for this brain-dead romance instead.
I like that he is going downhill and accepting more of his dark side. I'm excited to see how it all ends. The end wont be as good as the peak of the show (which was the episodes with that awesome older guy from 30 rock. Really failing at remembering names today) but will be a great way to close the series out. I'm a huge fan.

Also you fail on the realism, that left with doakes...in what...season 2/3?

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
Also you fail on the realism, that left with doakes...in what...season 2/3?

I said reality based, lol. There's nothing realistic about any of the seasons, but the early ones were at least psychologically correct and more or less plausible. Still a good show and all, but it's lost it's magic for me.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I said reality based, lol. There's nothing realistic about any of the seasons, but the early ones were at least psychologically correct and more or less plausible. Still a good show and all, but it's lost it's magic for me.
Then i hope this season helps you find it. For me it's to the point where im ready for him to mess up/get in trouble/kill deb, and for me that is interesting enough. Plus the writing/music/setup is so great. Even when his wife died, i knew it was happening but couldnt believe it would until i saw her in the tub. The only season i didnt like was the one after john lithgow was there

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Pretty good start. A lot of storylines going on. Interested to see what this English broad is all about.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
about to watch this even though I have incredibly low expectations for this season