Dexter Season 8 Discussion Thread (Potential Spinoff)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Dexter-Season-8-header.jpg

Savor the next twelve episodes of Dexter, because they’ll be the last. The network announced earlier this week that the serial killer drama would end its run after the eighth season, which begins in June. To prepare fans for the big goodbye, they’ve revealed a new poster and trailer hinting at events to come.

However, the end of Dexter may not mean the end of the Dexter universe. In an interview, Showtime entertainment president David Nevins revealed that there has been some spinoff talk, though nothing’s set in stone yet. Hit the jump to keep reading.

Nevins is not the first to point out that the franchise could live on in a different form. Previously, executive producer Manny Coto floated the idea of a Dexter follow-up movie. But that seems like a distant possibility at the moment, and it doesn’t look like Nevins discussed a film sequel in his chat with Deadline.

Instead, he addressed the potential for a spinoff TV series, saying “there are all sorts of possibilities.” Any such show, though, would be a ways off. “All kinds of ideas have been discussed but there is nothing happening right now,” he explained. As of now, no actor deals have been struck and there aren’t any plans to set up a spinoff in the Season 8 storyline. “This season is about this season playing out the trajectory of the Dexter character,” he said.

In keeping with that “all about Dexter” theme, all threads literally lead to Michael C. Hall in the new poster (via Screen Crush). He’s the center of attention among his peers as well.

It’s anyone’s guess how things will turn out for America’s favorite serial killer, but we know at least that he’s in a tricky place at the start of Season 8. He saved his skin at the end of Season 7, but it seems to be at the cost of Deb’s emotional well-being. EW posted the new trailer; click on the image below to see it.

Dexter‘s final season begins June 30.

My thoughts if you watch the show.
Say if Dexter were to get killed and his son Harrison got some weird ass trait just like his father. By the way Deb kills Dexter. Deb feels bad and takes care of Harrison. They could make it so he kills people and has the same trait as his father and he sees Dexter just how he saw Harry. I'm not all into spin-offs, but just a thought.
Also, just for shits, this awesome ass track that gets you somewhat pumped.

Roach

Inappropriately dressed Walmart shopper
Reaction score
Website
www.dogforo.co.uk
Never watched Dexter. If a spinoff will work then I am sure they will do it. Nothing else really to say.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Never watched Dexter. If a spinoff will work then I am sure they will do it. Nothing else really to say.
If you watch the likes of The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad, this is also a good recommended show.

Reactions: Roach

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
There is a commercial airing around for this. Anyone have a video link?
7dd50aed5e9ddc47bc4ba38fe2fe3695.png

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Hopefully the last season is better than the shitty seasons we've had lately. Doubt it though, especially based on that preview.

Honestly glad it is coming to a close. It will never be as good as it was in the beginning + S4.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I predict it to at least beat the last 3 seasons. So it'd be placed number 5 automatically which isn't so bad.
Plus whoever produced that 24 Blood theme song should get a fucking nobel prize. It always gives me chills.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I could probably film myself wanking and it would be better than the last 3 seasons of Dexter. So not exactly saying much.. it will be better by default just because they can get more ballsy with storylines and such

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yo
I could probably film myself wanking and it would be better than the last 3 seasons of Dexter. So not exactly saying much.. it will be better by default just because they can get more ballsy with storylines and such
Not sure if I'd be down to watch you beat it.
You didn't like Season 6? I thought it was decent with a twist kinda in the middle. Also, I expect some of the main cast to die leaving Deb to possibly kill Dexter.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yo
Not sure if I'd be down to watch you beat it.
You didn't like Season 6? I thought it was decent with a twist kinda in the middle. Also, I expect some of the main cast to die leaving Deb to possibly kill Dexter.
S6 was the best of the last 3 IMO, but still nothing groundbreaking. It had an interesting theme with the religion and Dexter thinking about 'what he believed in' but it was anticlimactic towards the second part of the season