Devon Suggests He’s Leaving TNA Wrestling, Bully Ray On The Way Out Too?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't quite understand why TNA hasn't signed both these up and why there is a question mark over them staying in TNA. Bully Ray has been on of the best finds of the decade during his heel singles run. He has been a breath of fresh air and shown so much as a legitimate top singles star. Devon hasn't been anywhere near the top but he is the TNA TV champion so surely that means TNA is confident in his abilities and wants to push him.

Both of them re-signing should have been a simple conclusion but for whatever reason they can't reach a deal. I will be stunned if they both can't reach a deal with TNA.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Devon isn't the most talented guy, granted I have always enjoyed his work. I think he might have been asking for too much money.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that it would be down to money but TNA obviously like what he does since they have given him the title for a long time and use him to train up the younger guys. After so many years in the business I am sure that they know their worth. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to come to an agreement in the end.

Reaction score
Devon can keep the tv title, it means jack anyways.

Bully was pretty much TNA's JBL/Mark Henry, the best heel the company has.

Reaction score
Bully Ray ‏@REALBully5150

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. Things are about to get interesting. #BULLYNATION

Hope it means that he is staying with the company.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
As do I. Despite how good his singles run has been, I can't see WWE giving him any kind of run if he went back to them other than in the tag team division with Devon. Devon can go, but like I've said before, if I have to sit through the same 5-7 minute Devon TV title match to keep Bully in TNA, then I'll do it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Devon isn't the most talented guy, granted I have always enjoyed his work. I think he might have been asking for too much money.

Devon was regarded as the more talented one of the Dudleys for years, and the most liked as well. I don't think just because anyone didn't know what to do with him in regards of a character during his singles runs shouldn't negate that fact.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ I too always considered him the best in the Dudleys but then sometimes in wrestling it is all about having that right spot and running with it and thats what Ray has done. Besides Devon's matches have been really poor since going single which has nothing to do with creative.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He was feuding with Pope, who make Miz look like Lou Thesz.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He was feuding with Pope, who make Miz look like Lou Thesz.

True, he hasn't had a good match since he won the belt either though, but I guess most of them were against Robbie E and Rob Terry, so it's the same boat with the matches against Pope. The match against Kazarian at the last PPV was good.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
True, he hasn't had a good match since he won the belt either though, but I guess most of them were against Robbie E and Rob Terry, so it's the same boat with the matches against Pope. The match against Kazarian at the last PPV was good.

Chris Jericho or Taker couldn't make matches work with those batch of Gigante's imo.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Bubba's signed a new deal:

PWInsider said:
Bully Ray has signed a new deal with TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed. The deal was signed about 3-4 days ago and I believe it is a two year deal. Ray will continue to agent for the promotion as well as wrestle. In my mind, this was a good signing for TNA as it was obvious Ray has evolved into the best heel in the company and it's not a far stretch to say he's worked himself into a position where he could conceivably be the TNA champion one day. Had he left for WWE or somewhere else, it would have been a huge loss to the company.

The signing means that for the first time since 1996, Ray and Devon are no longer working for the same wrestling promotion. There was a lot of talk at TV this week backstage that the company "didn't do right by Devon" as he got himself into better shape and had done everything that was asked of him, including working hard with younger talents and trying to help Garett Bischoff get over. There were those in the company shocked TNA didn't re-sign him as he was one of the most well liked people in the locker room and was often good cop to Bully's bad cop.

Ray and Devon will still be working together, obviously as their Team 3D Wrestling Academy in Florida remains open.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good on TNA and Bubba for coming to an agreement. This run has been fantastic from Ray and I look forward to seeing how far he can go now that he has signed a new deal. Slightly surprised that Devon wasn't at least kept on as an agent.