Dean Ambrose leaving WWE after Mania 35

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

do u believe?

• yea

• nah

Results are only viewable after voting.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Dean Ambrose leaving WWE shortly after WrestleMania when his contract expires in April -

this sounds really odd to me. I always saw Ambrose as a guy who'd never leave WWE, given his style of wrestling and secured bag. Especially now that WWE's set to double up on every re-signed contract, Dean would be making almost 6 million dollars a year (in 2017 he made around 2.7 million according to Forbes).

Many people are immediately coming to the conclusion that he's heading to AEW, which could be a possibility for him if all of this is true, but he just screams WWE for me idk. Ever since like 2015, he's adapted to the more safer in-ring style and promo driven environment of the E, so it's really hard for me to picture him in the "indie scene". I mean, AEW already has enough eyes on it atm, but Dean Ambrose coming over could definitely boost that up even more.

Then again, there have been a lot of fake WWE departure rumors over the years and Mania's still a bit over 2 months away, so if he really has a problem with how things are going, they have enough time to work something out for him. Whether it's an even bigger raise or a change of direction for his character/career.

Let me know what you think. Do you think this is legit? Would you even care if Ambrose left WWE? Would Renee pull a Brandi and come with him? But most importantly, was he the one who threw the pie in Kevin Owens' face?

Crash

Reaction score
I think it's highly probable, he seemed bored as fuck for a very long time now and he already won every titles...

Reactions: akapablo_ and SWL

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I think it's highly probable, he seemed bored as fuck for a very long time now and he already won every titles...
there's a lot he could still achieve or shoot for. He didn't main event Mania, he didn't have a lengthy world title reign and in general, the sky's the limit for wrestlers. I mean, look at Seth Rollins, he technically achieved more than Ambrose, yet he still has the biggest match of his career in front of him.

I think Ambrose's issue might be the realization that he's not gonna get to that main event level again.. at least not at the rate he's been performing lately

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I can get behind Ambrose leaving. They keep booking him into oblivion over and over. He wrestles nonstop and gets shit in return

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
He is a married lad. Probably wants to start a family with Rene and find a more easy going schedule. I could see him getting into acting.

Reactions: SWL

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
When they gave Ambrose the ball (WWE Championship) he failed. Hes decent in the ring but his acting is terrible. Hes just not a believable character. His delivery is lazy. Go watch the Stone Cold Podcast he did while WWE champion.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Ambrose is one of those guys who must have sooooo many ideas but they don't let any of them happen. Since the heel turn he's character has become utterly terrible

Reactions: Snowman1 and Crash

akapablo_

Chicken Nugget Aficionado
Hotshot
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
If he leaves, wouldn't doubt that it was because of his booking. This last feud he had with Rollins was just meh to me. He deserves more. As mentioned, a long world title reign would be cool to see, either as a face or heel. If he leaves, does Renee Young go with him, are they a package deal?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I was very impressed with Ambrose mic work last night.

They have this story that Rollins has never beaten Dean clean. Then they just have Seth beat him clean on Raw. That's a big waste...its almost as if they are getting the most out of before he leaves.

Surely wwe would be trying to keep him. They are clearly acting against AEW signing talent and apparently promising to double the wage of contracts for talent that resign. Plus Renee is a huge commodity to WWE so my guess would be that wwe would really want to keep him.

But then you have him lose clean and get 'attacked' by Nia 'I'm a plus sized model, who would get destroyed by Ronda Rousey in less then a second' Jax

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I almost feel like this is a work. Especially when Ambrose was about to cut that promo on Raw before Nia Jax cut him off. And before his shit with Triple H and bagging on Rollins for being buddy-buddy with him. WWE was so quick to confirm that he was leaving. But hes not leaving for months. And Renee Young is still going to be in WWE so thats another reason why he would stick around.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Given the underwhelming run ever since he turned heel, I would not be surprised if this was legit but, yeah, I too am quite hesitant to consider this a legit story. I guess time will tell...

Fun fact: Typically, when WWE and any given superstar come to terms, the statement WWE issues usually comes with the tagline of "we wish so and so best of luck in his/her future endevours". Interestingly enough, not the case here....

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
It has been confirmed by WWE themselves Dean is leaving WWE.