Deadpool movie confirmed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
MTV.com said:
The 'X-Men' spin-off will hit theaters in February 2016.

Looks like that test footage did the trick.

Twentieth Century Fox has given the green light to “Deadpool,” an “X-Men” spin-off movie featuring the fan-favorite mutant mercenary.

The project had sat for years in development hell with Ryan Reynolds set to reprise (and redeem) his role from “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” but it wasn’t until years-old test footage leaked online to a rave fan response that “Deadpool” saw new life.

Ryan Reynolds and director Tim Miller are attached, but according to The Hollywood Reporter, no deals are in place.

“Deadpool” is scheduled to hit theaters on February 12, 2016.

Source: MTV

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Source should be this forum mofo! We usually just put things like this in the General Marvel Cinematic Universe thread.. being as there's so many Marvel movies that are getting the go ahead now.. like Doctor Strange also set to drop in 2016.

Deadpool movie greenlighted.. February 12, 2016 release date.

Apparently releasing the test footage was done to basically test the waters.. and the positive feedback is what made the film a go.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=123084

I'm excited yet kind of worried about it.. the whole not being able to do a Rated R script for this Deadpool movie and then Sony's Venom/Carnage movie is disappointing as far as how they could make it completely bad ass and a great adaptation from the comics.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
It's weird that Chris Evans and Ryan Reynolds play two different superheroes in two different franchises. Is Hollywood that devoid of talent?

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Suh-weet. @GrammarNazi82 - you see this? They will be missing out if they don't make it rated R though. That test footage is awesome but with the way Deadpool really is he kind of needs the R rating to fully shine. I mean, has anyone played the recent Deadpool game? They got a lot of the Deadpool character right in that (even if the gameplay sucks).

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Suh-weet. @GrammarNazi82 - you see this? They will be missing out if they don't make it rated R though. That test footage is awesome but with the way Deadpool really is he kind of needs the R rating to fully shine. I mean, has anyone played the recent Deadpool game? They got a lot of the Deadpool character right in that (even if the gameplay sucks).

I did! :yay: Very excited. I do hope they don't water down the Deadpool character though. Want them to do him justice after all this time.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Confirmed PG-13 guys.

Figured as much with it being Fox, and know that will hinder the ability to really stick to the character, but still hoping they don't water him down "too" much. Despite the rating they need to toe that line while keeping as true to the character as possible within that constraint.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score

Yes! Deadpool is all tits, ass and gore. PG13 ruins all that.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I hate it, but at least PG-13 will still allow for some violence, nudity and drug use. Plus it means my nephew can watch it, so I'll just choose to be happy for him about that. :eek:tunga:

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
How is he supposed to KILL anybody in a PG-13 movie? Just stupid. Excitement destroyed. \_/
Fox makes it PG-13 so it gets more money, plus, he can kill people... just can't be gory.

He just can't say Fuck. He can say bitch though.