Darren Young comes out as gay

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So JTG is the greatest member of the roster? He's been around for what 8 9 years now (chris will inform us via his website he has bookmarked) But WWE keeps him around to help build up new talent.

Kidding aside I know that Cesaro isn't on an actual downward spiral but not everyone is a smark and if he's not winning he's losing and in their minds its a downward spiral. The jist of my point was that the status quo didn't change it continued on a path it was already heading towards.
Some guys can lose and not be seen as losers because of commentary and booking. Cesaro is more a kick ass respected grappler by casual masses like Finlay, more so than a kiss ass joke like Regal. Guys like Finlay on SD, Dreamer when ECW was a brand, Christian before Edge retired, and Matt Hardy could, would, and did take losses regularly. They always just had prolonged matches and were put over on commentary, Cesaro is in that slot, which is a giant contrast from guys who job and are considered jokes like Ryder, Hawkins, JTG, etc ... Its all about presentation

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Because Antonio Cesaro is doing sooooo good right now right? He can wrestle but gets almost no reaction, and is in a tag with a bumbling idiot. Zeb Colter is more over than both of them.

Did you hear the reaction PTP's got last Monday? Every team from 3MB, to Usos, to Prime Time Players get better reactions than the Real Americans. Point being, yes, Darren and the PTP should be getting pushes instead of Cesaro.

None of the wrestler's you named are better than Cesaro or Swagger and Darren Young isn't in their league in the ring so I'm not gonna take this sudden push or sudden run of wins seriously just because casual fans want to cheer a gay guy.

Also you could take into account that those teams have been around much longer. If Cesaro/Swagger got pushed enough with Zeb they'd be one of the hottest heel teams in the division.

Hah, SAIYANS bringin' up Big E and Ryback against my points which are just based on wrestling ability. Good one.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Don't ya like how he comes out of the closet and magically can beat wrestlers like Antonio Cesaro? He didn't deserve a push because of this news. Jesus Christ.

PTP and The Real Americans have been feuding, it makes sense that they would trade wins both in tag and singles matches. A completely one sided feud would be boring and pointless.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
How is any feud with the PTP not boring?

I also was startin' to like their Million Dollar dance before this news but now it just looks like Darren Young rubbin' up against some big guy he wants to be with.

Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
PTP and The Real Americans have been feuding, it makes sense that they would trade wins both in tag and singles matches. A completely one sided feud would be boring and pointless.

Have they? I swear I thought the Piss Timers just won the match on Raw and then Young beat Cesaro on Smackdown. I didn't think there were any matches before that because The Real Americans had a couple with The Usos.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Have they? I swear I thought the Piss Timers just won the match on Raw and then Young beat Cesaro on Smackdown. I didn't think there were any matches before that because The Real Americans had a couple with The Usos.

It is just the beginning of the feud, have to start from somewhere and it continued on RAW tonight.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It is just the beginning of the feud, have to start from somewhere and it continued on RAW tonight.

With Titus winning. Still don't see them swapping any wins.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With Titus winning. Still don't see them swapping any wins.

I still see it as the start of a feud and the fun with tag team feuds is that they can mix things up a bit. Rather than having tag team match after tag team match they can go for singles matches as well. I still don't see why Young beating Cesaro was such a bad thing when it is clearly part of the current storyline between two tag teams, they want PTP to look good to begin with so they each picked up wins. Could mean that they eventually want to put them up against The Shield as face challengers.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I still see it as the start of a feud and the fun with tag team feuds is that they can mix things up a bit. Rather than having tag team match after tag team match they can go for singles matches as well. I still don't see why Young beating Cesaro was such a bad thing when it is clearly part of the current storyline between two tag teams, they want PTP to look good to begin with so they each picked up wins. Could mean that they eventually want to put them up against The Shield as face challengers.

I agree with the last part but it's obvious that this is just simply not a feud. Piss Timers have won all 3 matches do far and I doubt there's anymore (maybe something on Smackdown because that's rematches galore). They're obvious building them up as a solid face tag team, I'm just saying that this is not a feud and if it is then it's as one-sided as it gets.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jobber team beats a jobber team, why you pulling fire alarms? there's no fire.

PTP were start/stopped push since they started as a tag team. Yeah, they got some press, big whoop, a company wnats to capitalize that in the safest way possible. What's the beef? Cessaro? lolololol fuck him for awhile, he isn't the story, he's the guy going to turn these fuckers into a solid babyface tag team. That or politick your way to a better card position, you only get over by being over with the people in charge. Vince loves guys who challenge him, if he isn't challenging him he doesn't care. The Boss is like a Don, he only notices you when you make noise, better make it positive noise or you sleep with the fishes.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree with the last part but it's obvious that this is just simply not a feud. Piss Timers have won all 3 matches do far and I doubt there's anymore (maybe something on Smackdown because that's rematches galore). They're obvious building them up as a solid face tag team, I'm just saying that this is not a feud and if it is then it's as one-sided as it gets.

Still time for The Real Americans to get a win or two back or as you said PTP may actually be moving on to the next heel team in line on their way to a title shot. I just still don't see why Young beating Cesaro was such a bad thing when they are both part of tag teams in the division. Young got the company positive mainstream press so obviously they will feature him a bit more than they did before.

Weez

Reaction score
Cesaro is in a great position right now. He's getting great reviews for his work, he's putting guys over and making them look like stars. Shit, watch his shit with Generico in NXT. WWE know the two guys know eachother really well, and trusts Cesaro to make him look guy while protecting his own image as a former champ. Say whatever you want, Young coming out has turned PTP into a focal point, and they're trusting those two to make them look better than they are. Let's be honestly, neither of the guys are superstars, but if they can get over, they get over.

Reaction score
If they are smart they would push PTP but make sure not to make him a stereotype for a long while. He will get some mainstream news which WWE loves Maybe a Glaad award.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They lost tonight, see it matters who the opponents are.