• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
I know we've seen this thread a few times, however since the summer of 2011, several characters have been turned up, and given a chance to shine. No more is it the John Cena and friends show, but a more rounded roster. So who are you currently liking??

* The MIz - Not sure if he was ready for the WM 27 main event, but the guy will be a legit star in the WWE for years to come. The guy is becoming a total package, and he may have the best mic skills in the WWE since the Rock.

* - CM Punk - Has emerged as a top babyface, and someone the hardcore wrestling fans could get behind. The demographic Cena was not reaching. THe mic in his hand is a pipe bomb, and has been in some great angles and matches in 2011.

* - R Truth - You gon get GOT. Not sure if he's ready for a Heavyweight titles, but he would be an ideal midcard champ right now. Very entertaining.

Honorable mentions - Sheamus, Zack Ryder, Wade Barrett, HHH, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio, and more.

So who's your favorite right now??

noumenon

Reaction score
CM Punk... obviously the stand out in the company for most people. He's been the highlight of the entire business over the last half a year. He really needs some decent competition though, there's so few who can hang with guy on his level of mic skills and in the ring.

Sheamus, has been fucking awesome as of late. He's done a phenomenal job as a face which I totally wasn't expecting. Give his character a little more direction and he could be well on his way to being the next bad ass HHH'esque character. Not to mention he seems to work extremely well with just about everyone in the ring.

Miz/R Truth... we know the Miz can go, but R Truth has also shown something special as of late. Definitely run with these guys, great stuff.

Dolph Ziggler. I don't get the hatred of this guy. I think he's fucking awesome. He's crazy athletic, has the look, decent on the mic. Push this guy and see what he can do.

Randy Orton. I know most people really turned on the guy over the last year or so (including myself) but he's done a phenomenal job of playing his character, had some pretty decent matches and done a great job of helping heep smackdown afloat. He obviously just needs a little direction as of late.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
CM Punk is the only reason why I still bother watching RAW whenever I do, Dolph and Ryder are always entertaining for me too, if it wasn't for them, the WWE could go fuck itself.

Reaction score
Dolph Ziggler. I don't get the hatred of this guy. I think he's fucking awesome. He's crazy athletic, has the look, decent on the mic. Push this guy and see what he can do.

I used to be the biggest detractor of the guy. And I've admitted he has grown on me and he has been a solid workhorse. I like how he's toned down the cheese of his look. Too bad he went back to the bleached blonde hair. And Vicky has rubbed off on him in a good way. Managers, the E really needs them while talented in ring guys like Ziggler develop. #2 in the most improved category for 2011.

I likez:
Punk
Miz
Truth
Sheamus- man deserves to be the guy to stop Mark Henry. He's worked his ass off the past year despite the miserable booking for the first half of the year.
Del Rio- has worked very hard to improve. #3 in the most improved for the year.
Henry-Simple booking can do wonders for someone when done properly. He doesn't have much but what he has he has been maximizing in 2011. But he's still only the 4th most improved.
Randy Orton- 2011's Most Improved in a year where Henry, Ziggler and Del Rio all have legitimate cases. Been great in the ring, had fun feuds with Punk, Christian and Rhodes. Has numbed the Superman booking and was great in putting Henry over.

Airfixx

Reaction score
My fave five:

Punk
Henry
Cody
Orton
Ziggler

Edit: Forgot Cody... Replaces DB inna ma fave five.

...god...

Reaction score
Punk, Miz, Truth, and ZIGGLER/RYDER! for Raw. Don't really watch SD, but if I do it'll be for Cody/Christian (and Ryder).

jjwert

Reaction score
1. Punk
2. Miz
3. Ziggler
4. Cody

Doomsday

Reaction score
Favorite what?
Characters? Wrestlers?

Undertaker
Kharma
Mark Henry
R-Truth
Vickie Guerrero

I'd honestly like to see Vickie drop Swagger & Ziggler and start managing Henry.

Montana

Reaction score
That is an interesting idea of putting Mark Henry with Vickie. Right now, I'd say Mark Henry is working fine as champion on his own, so I don't see a need for it. In fact, it might even hurt his character. It's been quite a while since we've seen a dominant heel get legit wins without cheating. I think adding vickie to the might hurt that.i just see Mark Henry as a one man wrecking crew.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^That's what makes it so awesome.... He's being booked perfectly.... I can't honest recall a monster heel ever being booked like this in WWE.

Vicki: Let's not forget that part of her character is going for the pretty boys/young jocks. Whilst Henry would be interesting it doesn't fit with her character.

Ziggler is gonna go it alone soon. I say let her continue to help Swagger and maybe get them an enforcer-type character to do their dirty work.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Yoshi Tatsu.... Cause he's asian and he's suppose to automatically be good, plus the theme song is catchy.

That fat dude that was part of nexus... he's like the only non-slim tan shaved body twink looking wrestler.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Henry
Punk
Sheamus, fucking workhorse
Ziggler

People stlil like Ryder? Hasn't he grown tiresome by now, since he's on EVERY STINKIN' WEEK with that terrible jumping balls to your face finisher.

nation

Reaction score
No love for Barrett? Fuck you guys then. He's doing a really good job of being built and pushed back to the top.

Ziggler is definitely the most improved of the year. He has come such a long way. He has finally improved greatly on the mic, has had good character development, is one of the biggest workhorses and really one of the best guys in the ring. He always did have talent in the ring, had some incredible match with fucking Kingston but that son of a bitch held his own against CM FUCKING PUNK

I guess my fave five are:

CM Punk
Christian(bring captain charisma back plz)
Cody Rhodes(also one of the most improved guys, amazing job with his Undashing gimmick)
Dolph Ziggler
Wade Barrett(besides his push and decent job as IC champ, he has improved a bit in the ring)

I'll give Sheamus props for making it big as a face and being a great workhorse but it is another Superman created. Fucker buried Christian even further and he dropped the ball big time in their matches. Really disappointing. In regards to Henry, he has had an amazing monster push but has already lost some momentum.

...god...

Reaction score
im glad people are finally believing in ziggler. the guy's been up there with punk and christian since jericho and hbk left.

top guys:
1. punk
2. christian
3. ziggler
4. danielson

overrated list:
1. ryder: what's the big deal? the guy has nothing going on. the only thing he has over santino is his size. good god at least santino's material is structurally funny on paper. am i the only one that hates his guts here? are those "smarks" cheering for him the same douchebags that cheer for the miz? what the fuck happened to wrestling fans?
2. cena: obvious reasons
3. orton: just because he's had good matches with THE BEST guys in the ring doesn't mean he's all of a sudden a god now. he still sucks.
You forgot Mark Henry in your overrated list. Hate it to break it to you guys, but he's still shit. He's being booked well, but that doesn't make his matches any less boring.